NJDEVS Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

devilsrule33

i don't think the devils are making any moves today. if anything, i think we'll move clemmer if possible, but it won't be for anything that will help the devils now.

i wouldn't mind seeing another center brought in, but i don't even know who's out there other than jokinen, and i really don't know who i'd like to move to get him. i think what we see now is what we are getting. and that's not really a bad thing.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal all round.

Ottawa gets a much needed goalie (although if he fails to stay healthy this is another bust)

And Columbus gets some scoring depth.

Yeah, I kinda figured Ottawa was gonna make a move for LeClaire, he's got some game, and they need a reliable goalie. Good move. Too bad.

2manadvantage is saying Buffalo resigned Tim Connolly to a 2 year extension.

Edited by mouse

Just a thought... but apparently Calgary needs a backup goalie. They've also been rumored to be shopping Lombardi. Devils are rumored to be looking for a 2nd line center...

Package a deal to bring Clemmer to Calgary and Lombardi to Jersey?

I've always liked Lombardi.

Just a thought... but apparently Calgary needs a backup goalie. They've also been rumored to be shopping Lombardi. Devils are rumored to be looking for a 2nd line center...

I don't see Calgary offering much for a backup -- if the lose Kiprusoff, they're done anyway

I don't see Calgary offering much for a backup -- if the lose Kiprusoff, they're done anyway

Well you're right. But it could be part of a bigger deal involving a pick from us? Lombardi would not be a rental he would come on long term.

I think Lou wants to trade Clemmer somewhere where he'll play.

HMMMMMM slow slow slow

Seriously, I'm actually getting work done at work.

This has been a very slow morning. Ohhh well i have a class to go to and i guess im not missing much ha ha

DEVILIN LA Wrote:

3.) Sleepers like Bryce Salvador are sometimes bigger impact deals than the Brian Campbell deals.

I disagree. I think Campbell helped his team as much as Salvador helped the Devils. Campbell is getting points and getting ice time. True, I think the Hawks expected a little more from him, but I don't think he has been the disappointment some hoped he'd be by going to Chicago. The Hawks are a great young team and if "they want" they could be in the western conference finals versus the Wings. Not sure how that would pan out, but I expect those two in the west and New Jersey/Boston in the East. If the Devils don't win then I want the Hawks, if not them Boston. If Boston wins it I'd love to see Ray Bourque's face! Stick it to that big jerk!

That trade dosnt really make sense to me :unsure:

Unless calgary is clearing space to land Jokinen and is going to use some of the peices they just gained to swing that move with Pheonix.

EDIT:

I completley miss read that trade ignore my ramblings

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9