Fraser suspended 3 games; LeBlond suspended 1 game

Shtikl

The league doesn't approve of what the other team did. But the other team's fans think so.

AHL announces suspensions (AHL, 03/04) -- As far as it goes, it's almost reasonable. Fraser gets 3 games for bloodying the linesman's nose. LeBlond gets only one for making threatening gestures (throat-cutting). Coach Dineen, Nathan Gerbe, and Jimmy Bonneau get no supplemental discipline.

Having watched the game, I feel this is a very biased result. It sends the Pirates the message that dangerous stick fouls and running the goalie are OK.

An inaccurate report from a Pirates perspective (Maine Hockey Journal, 03/04) -- Well, 1/3 of his facts are just wrong. Murphy was the 3rd man in, and paid a penalty for it. Ruggeri is the one who wagged his stick at the goalie -- and he wasn't penalized at all during that brawl. Otherwise, he has most of the facts straight, but doesn't seem to understand what they mean. Wildcat seems to think what the Pirates did is league-approved because nobody was suspended.

I'm not a pollyanna, I know Fraser and LeBlond were out of control. And the league had to respond. But this is way too much bias. They really should have suspended Portland's coach for sending Bonneau out with a license to kill.

(1) I didn't capture the video stream, didn't have time to set up. You want to see it, you probably have to pay $6 and get it out of AHLLive.com's archives. Sorry. I don't know if anybody posted it on YouTube, if somebody has a link please share?

(2) If you have a way to send word to Stoesz, tell him he'd be more valuable if he just barely DOESN'T get suspended. Much as I worship Fraser and LeBlond for sticking up for their teammates, I really wish they'd got the job done and kept their cool. But yes, that's possibly a good plan for the new lad, divert him to Norfolk for the 1 game, hope he can skate a little, and then forward him to Trenton. If Corms is back from his suspension, it shouldn't hurt the T-Devils too much.

(1) I didn't capture the video stream, didn't have time to set up. You want to see it, you probably have to pay $6 and get it out of AHLLive.com's archives. Sorry. I don't know if anybody posted it on YouTube, if somebody has a link please share?

(2) If you have a way to send word to Stoesz, tell him he'd be more valuable if he just barely DOESN'T get suspended. Much as I worship Fraser and LeBlond for sticking up for their teammates, I really wish they'd got the job done and kept their cool. But yes, that's possibly a good plan for the new lad, divert him to Norfolk for the 1 game, hope he can skate a little, and then forward him to Trenton. If Corms is back from his suspension, it shouldn't hurt the T-Devils too much.

Agree makes sense for him to stay with Lowell for at least one game and maybe more. T-Devils are down in SC,GA and NC playing 3 in 3 this weekend.