Who's got the flu?!?

Pepperkorn

My husband did last weekend. temp of 104! Tylenol took it down to 101 or so... but after 2 days of it creeping up (40 c even on the mercury thermometer - I was a doubter :( ) we went to the ER and he had strain A. Which all the scientific journals are now touting it's virulence... and resistance to tamaflu -- but this stuff relenza works and broke my husbands fever thank goodness!

So now I've had this crappy thing for the past week. but never developed into full flu -- just lameass lingering 100 - 101 temp and blahhh... just like the cold from the hinterlands...

you knwo the flu has no barfing or diarrhea or any of that.... it's just a cold that kills you if complications set in. it's a runny nose and a dry cough -- bullsh!t these players get the flu <_< such crap.

yeah - so he had strep too the hospital said - but the non-fatal kind. Who knew what kind of stuff is out there. ANYHOW, he was back to work on Wednesday. but now he's getting all sick again. I think we'll just sleep all weekend. Beck is fine - had her flu shot and has no fever. She's been such a doll all week. SO FREAKING CUTE! I can't even hack how adorable 6 year old girls are!

ummm... so.... I guess... hmmm - I... felt like talking or something? yeah -- so.. that's where I'm at... I guess... :mellow:

and you all? how are you all doing this fine March? My husband turns FORTY the end of the month. He insists on planning his ... ok... maybe I have cabin fever or something... so ... I'm going to stop typing and back slowly away from the keyboard now....

:mellow:

bye :hi:

Luckily, I have been able to avoid the flu this winter even though most of the people I work with have had it. People tell me every year to get a flu shot, but I've never had one and wonder if it is really necessary. Do you or anyone in your family get flu shots?

Anyway, get better soon. Being sick sucks.

:giggle:

Yeah - well.. i didn't get the flu shot this year. Did I write that here even? it's free where i work but i was too lazy to stop working and walk 40 paces.... but I've had one every year for the past 6 years. i think i have partial immunity thank to those. i suspect that's why this hasn't hit me that hard... just incessant... blahh!

I work in a doctor's office and everyone and their mother either has the head congestion cold or the flu. The stomach virus is floating around again also. Gotta watch out for that one.

I never bother getting the flu shot. They never get the right strain and anyway, I'd rather get it and fight off and strengthen my immune system naturally. I've rarely gotten it anyway. Last time was like two years ago and I spent a few days in bed. I can't remember when I've gotten it before then.

I'm just getting over a cold my dad gave me when I went home to visit. What a nice welcome home gift. But thankfully other than that, I've only had one or two other little colds.

PK, I can't believe your daughter is already six! I remember seeing you when you were pregnant with her! Crazy how times flies.