Help me develop a rally towel

LivingThread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE! Why are you arguing? :huh: -- you just said you ARE here to make money. You weren't ashamed to say so once -- why try to deny it like 5 sentences later? To try to give your yelling at me some kind of mock indignant self-righteous air? You're TRYING TO MAKE MONEY and you're asking for our help -- the dude above you said he's cool with it - so WHY DEFEND YOURSELF? Unless you find what you're doing to maybe be a trifle and I do mean that seriously - a mere trifle - offensive?

I'm not offended. I just want to know what your motivation is. You're not giving out these towels -- you're not asking everyone who gives you an idea to provide an address where you can send their free towel when you make them up -- At the very worst my post is encouraging you to do that. Yeah - I'm calling you out - trying to keep you honest - it's what I do. If you're being honest then there's no problem and nothing for you to get your knickers in a twist about is there? Hey I ask it too -- since when is it wrong to try to make money in America? Just try to give proper credit to those you are profiting from -- and, no, that wont be me :uni: So I'll bid you adieux :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Good point. So I think people who feel like he/she would be profiting of the towels and that it would be bothersome to them should just not post. Personally, I don't mind if LivingThread profits off of my amazing ideas, because I feel that this is a tradition that needs to start now and I don't have the resources to do it. I also want to win the prize lol..

I'm a season ticket holder, but I also view Devils nation as a family. I'm a MEts fan, but when I go to a game all I feel like I'm doing is watching my team play. When I go to a Devils game the fans are all very nice to each other (at least I think so) and feel a general bond to each other. This in turn transfers to the players who actually enjoy playing hard for the fans. Many good players stick with the Devils over taking more money from another team because of this unity felt by the Devils and their fans. Traditions are great and I love the ones we have (Crazies, Hey Song, Rangers suck + whistle, Chico Eats, etc.) and I really want to see this tradition made.

So LivingThread, I think you should decide on a name and get this towel out soon while the Devils are hot. It will surely catch on and last through the post season and into next year if you market it properly (low initial price to get people to first engage in using the towels).

Personally, I don't mind if LivingThread profits off of my amazing ideas ...

:haha2:

These fans in this video are what i wish we had to intimidate and scare the pants off opposiing fans. I know it wont happen because its a different culture over there and we have womens and children at games (doesnt look like they do)

pfft! I saw a redhead with a nice rack less than 10 seconds into the video! :wub: but granted, there weren't many chicks.

That sh!t was awesome! Too bad it was a basketball game. :saddevil:

What we would REALLY need to get that effect would be come up with an awesome chant.

Yeah - I'm calling you out - it's what I do.

Back to the kitchen with you!

Personally , I hope something comes of this. Of course, the Devils new marketing guys should be all over this already, but aren't. :evilcry:

* Stay AWAY from all things "RAG"

* The idea of the three different color towels gave me an idea of a multicolored fiery towel that would give the same effect.

* NOT a WHITE flag of surrender!

* I liked the Brimstone Banner Gets away from copying that terrible terrible towel thing.

* How bout the D-string? :whistling:

* Could you use the state flag? It's brown though. :saddevil: I think you've gotta go with red at minimum.

* Too bad we can't use Fire Rocks, but too many people would be injured. :noclue:

Something is floating around in my brain that I can't quite get a hold of. There's lots of room up there and it is hiding in dark corners. I'll post again when I catch it.

"What we would REALLY need to get that effect would be come up with an awesome chant."

How bout the ricky hatton fight song. It was so funny but annoying at the same time. It must of been lot of fun to be apart of it. Just Use Jersey Devil or Marty in some way for the song. And every one knows the song it has the potential to catch on i think.

DUDE! Why are you arguing? :huh: -- you just said you ARE here to make money. You weren't ashamed to say so once -- why try to deny it like 5 sentences later? To try to give your yelling at me some kind of mock indignant self-righteous air? You're TRYING TO MAKE MONEY and you're asking for our help -- the dude above you said he's cool with it - so WHY DEFEND YOURSELF? Unless you find what you're doing to maybe be a trifle and I do mean that seriously - a mere trifle - offensive?

I'm not offended. I just want to know what your motivation is. You're not giving out these towels -- you're not asking everyone who gives you an idea to provide an address where you can send their free towel when you make them up -- At the very worst my post is encouraging you to do that. Yeah - I'm calling you out - trying to keep you honest - it's what I do. If you're being honest then there's no problem and nothing for you to get your knickers in a twist about is there? Hey I ask it too -- since when is it wrong to try to make money in America? Just try to give proper credit to those you are profiting from -- and, no, that wont be me :uni: So I'll bid you adieux :evil:

again you point out im here to make money ....then again five sentences later ask me what my motivation is.....uh?

Im not arguing about anything. Im stating the facts. Ive already stated my intentions in the first post. Yet i guess reading comprehension isnt your strong suit because you asked me a few posts later what my intentions are. Clearly in post #1 it says give out/sell then AGAIN put on ebay. Now, do i plan on giving away 20,000 towels at a game? Hell no. Im not Verizon or Prudential. I dont have that kind of money to just hand over tens of thousands of dollars worth of towels. Would i give out towels for free? For sure. Its called marketing. Its what someone in my position would do to gain an underground feel for a product and then take it to market. I would certainly give towels out to members here (even your dumb ass) and others outside the games. Giving away a couple hundred towels with the ultimate purpose of selling a thousand seems like a no brainer.

You said sell them for cost. What exactly is cost? Do you have any idea? I am a screen printer. Just because you can buy a towel for $1.50 doesnt mean the cost of a printed towel is $1.50. And again, Ive already stated i would give the creater (among other things) 10 free towels valued at $50. I guess math isnt your strong suit either cause if it was you can easily figure out the sale price of 10 items at $5 each.

Youre asking me why im defending myself.....well since you find its your duty to come to the thread and ask questions, i feel its my duty to reply (even tho your questions were answered in the very first post). So after i replied to your post you feel compelled post again asking me what my motovation is. Again, since the first post didnt make it clear for you and the first reply to your questions didnt make it clear for you I will tell you again. I am making the towels to make money. i guess the part of me saying i plan to put them on ebay didnt give you the hint i was going to sell them either.

So again im sitting here trying to figure out why you keep asking the same question. Ive already stated the purpose a few times. Is there some kind of underlying ajenda you have with calling me out over and over on this? Are you against the idea of the towel?

So now the question of why I havent asked for contact information. For what? I dont have an idea that im going to print. So if you said call it the Peppercorn Pooprag I should ask for your contact information? You think people want to just hand over that information on the web? I would think it would be agreed to onthe web and handled in person (if possible). So there is your answer for that.

My contact information over the web.

Michael Hoefling

118 washington st

bloomfield, nj 07003

917-873-9244

If you feel you have something you that is better said in person, please let me know where and when. I think youre under the impression that the internet is some kind of safe house where you can just spew babble until your hearts content. Well, when the message board is a local board be prepared to be called out on some nonsense. Am I saying show and and be ready to throw down? No. But maybe if you come meet me at my shop you can see my intentions and can either A- leave the thread alone cause you have a problem with it or B- See things from my side and where exactly i plan to go with the towels and stop asking me the same questions on every page.

So i guess, Im calling you out....its what i do. But rather then do it on a message board Ill do it in person. You have my contact information so give me a call.

If what you do is call people out, and now im calling you out, you wont have a problem with a metting now would you?

Ill be waiting for a call.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by LivingThread

Good point. So I think people who feel like he/she would be profiting of the towels and that it would be bothersome to them should just not post. Personally, I don't mind if LivingThread profits off of my amazing ideas, because I feel that this is a tradition that needs to start now and I don't have the resources to do it. I also want to win the prize lol..

I'm a season ticket holder, but I also view Devils nation as a family. I'm a MEts fan, but when I go to a game all I feel like I'm doing is watching my team play. When I go to a Devils game the fans are all very nice to each other (at least I think so) and feel a general bond to each other. This in turn transfers to the players who actually enjoy playing hard for the fans. Many good players stick with the Devils over taking more money from another team because of this unity felt by the Devils and their fans. Traditions are great and I love the ones we have (Crazies, Hey Song, Rangers suck + whistle, Chico Eats, etc.) and I really want to see this tradition made.

So LivingThread, I think you should decide on a name and get this towel out soon while the Devils are hot. It will surely catch on and last through the post season and into next year if you market it properly (low initial price to get people to first engage in using the towels).

I would love to have a towel name and have them printed today. Its not that easy. Im not going to just throw something on a towel and print away.

Say I go out and buy a bunch of towels, hand out some, and then only sell 20 or 30 of them. Not only am i stuck with towels, I gave away money, t-shirts and towels.

If the board (as a group of devils fans) can come up with a solid idea......ill print one. Then see what real life people (like at pregame) think and go with it. THEN i take care of the guy/gal who helped create it.

:blahblah:

No dude - I'm just not really reading so much of what you wrote anywhere.. my bad... because it's just not that big a deal to me! :lol: but you can keep yelling at me if you want... but it's starting to look a LEE-tle weird :unsure: like maybe I do have a point... :whistling:

but you know, keep it up if it makes you happy...

again sorry if I didn't answer or perform calculations/properly research your business plan -- or, you know - whatever to any of your posts, questions or whatever... I'm actually just not reading. But since I'm not objecting to your plan, I'm still going to post to the funny people I'm friends with on the board - and again - don't feel you need to justify anything further - sorry if I didn't make that clear - but if you enjoy it - knock yourself out dude :evil:

now where's my rolling pin -- I have to go beat on masked for his kitchen remark... wife.gif

No dude - I'm just not really reading so much of what you wrote anywhere.. my bad... because it's just not that big a deal to me! :lol: but you can keep yelling at me if you want... but it's starting to look a LEE-tle weird :unsure: like maybe I do have a point... :whistling:

but you know, keep it up if it makes you happy...

again sorry if I didn't answer or perform calculations/properly research your business plan -- or, you know - whatever to any of your posts, questions or whatever... I'm actually just not reading. But since I'm not objecting to your plan, I'm still going to post to the funny people I'm friends with on the board - and again - don't feel you need to justify anything further - sorry if I didn't make that clear - but if you enjoy it - knock yourself out dude :evil:

now where's my rolling pin -- I have to go beat on masked for his kitchen remark... wife.gif

you can exit the thread anytime you want.

obviously there is nothing here for you other then jabs at me for no reason. you dont know me and of course im going to take offense to you calling me a schlub or anything else.

if youre talking to your "friends" on the board go start your own topic and dont hi-jack this one.

Sooooo like i said .....you know where im at.

yeah... <_< for SOMEbody's wallet here...just a lousy hit to everyone else..

OOPS! tape2.gif

Sorry -- I did it again TskTsk_emoticon.gif -- I was just kidding .. seriously --- sorry dude

assshake.gif

so is that whats got your panties in a bunch?

A little jealous you didnt come up with the idea so youre going to knock it whenever you can? Its now pretty clear why youre still in here hatin....yorue jealous you didnt come up with the idea and now cause you cant come up with a name for it you dont want anyone else to do so either.

Maybe if you werent so busy bashing other peoples ideas and started to think of your OWN ideas you wouldnt be in my thread "calling me out" on bullshyt.

I'm for any ideas or suggestions to generate fan unity or interest or anything of the sort. The more unique the better. However, I'd still like to kill the Devils PR person who suggested those god forsaken thundersticks!

Having said that, you've obviously put some thought into this and that's great. I commend you for doing this in a non-profit way as most people today want to be paid for their time and efforts.

However, the "rally towel" idea is kind of played out. For years, dating back to the early 1990's the Devils handed out towels/hankies at playoff games to wave. So, that idea has been done before multiple times. I had many of nights i had someone smack me in the head with them or in my face, usually kids and some uncordinated adults and i am hoping that was all for that concept.

My personal favorite was the Winnipeg Jets "white out" playoff tradition.

I like the towel idea unknown poster - especially the red and orange idea -- so the place looks like it's on fire like someone said.

that said... i like thundersticks too

Pepper, i still have about 20 unopened packages of them from the 2003 Playoffs. They're yours if you want them! lol :boogie:

Yeah, the red/orange idea would look different but i'm wondering if it's just taking too much from an old idea that's been done enough times especially since if it doens't work, he can stand (or someone) to lose an amount of $ and time.

i have some older towels and few a hanging on the wall in my shop. those kind of towels nvr represented anything cause they have nothing underground or true fan about them. The only thing they are were give aways like if you sign up for a credit card you get a free t-shirt (that pimp Wachovia or whatever)

a pair of thunder stix sits in my drawer nvr opened.

3383755538_f571b20e49_m.jpg

3383754156_2bb413a135_m.jpg

Reason this all came about is cause i have a lot of friends who are die hard Steelers fans. The passion for the Terrible Towel is insane. I saw on NFL Network a highlight of TJ WhosYourMomma polishing his cleats with a TT and the players and the fans were furious over it. There are very few things in all of major league sports as cherished as the TT. I would like to have SOMETHING for the Devils.

Im a Green Bay Packers fan when it comes to the NFL. Have been since i was a kid. What comes to your mind when you think of one thing a Packers fan should own when it comes to "must have" fan stuff? If you said a Cheesehead hat youre correct. Every real fan has one.

Since there isnt something out there, i have the ability to get one out there. Yeah i guess i can make up one for me and my friends and one of us can come up with a saying, but Im thinking bigger picture. Since the Devils wont do something like this and no fans have stepped up to the plate I will give it a shot. If it flounders and i end up losing money, so be it. Atleast Ill have a story to tell in 20 years.

The reason i thought "why not a towel" is because i am not in the foam hat making business. I screen print things. Granted i can screen print a hat or a sign, but what good does that do Devils fans? Im in the apparel/fashion industry and if you think i could come up with a hat everyone would want to wear believe me i would have already. Thats more difficult then making a towel.

ptfs59.jpg

this isnt the first attempt by someone not name Myron Cope to make a towel.

Like i said, the idea of the red,orange, yellow towels has to be the give away style by the devils. Getting the entire stadium to have the proper color towel in the proper section for more then one game is almost impossible.

unknown poster, you say its played out....and true it might be to some. Tradition has to start somewhere. If you were a Steelers fan, would you still think the rally towel is played out or would you accept it as a part of being a Steelers fan and get your own Terrible Towel?

Need some more ideas and then maybe the mods can post a poll in this thread for a vote? If not ill just create a new one.

Edited by LivingThread

I like the idea of handing out shirts to everyone who attends the game. Trying to get people to "Rock their Red" is nice, but there are plenty of people who go straight from work to the game or just show up wearing normal clothes and don't have a desire to shell out $30 for a red shirt. Give out a shirt, people will wear it. Especially when they see how cool it looks when the whole crowd is wearing the same color. I hate the Flyers, but that whole orange thing they do with the crowd looks pretty damn cool.

i replied but you can put ideas here for more feedback

what are the dimensions you have in mind? and one color? multi?

how about the shroud of destiny or destiny shroud?

with a picture of the "jersey devil" - i think that would be awesome! bringing back the origin

i have the perfect image and idea in my head.. i can send you a layout if you like?

i have some time that i can contribute to design, even if you dont choose my idea

i was curious if you would print these phrases on the towel, or is this what you would call them and put something else on them?

that is what i was thinking, call them any name we are throwing out there and put an image on it.. which i also have ideas for.

other names i thought of:

red death

leeds rag (kind of gross if defined - lol)

raging rag

rally rag

red rag

blood rag

flag of fire

ideas i liked from previous post

The Torched Towel (my favorite one)

The Forsaken Flag (2nd favorite)

The Rockin' Rag (play on words using arena name)

The Brutal Banner

The Fire n' Ice Flag

The Inferno Flag

let me know your thoughts, working on images now

xyz - I really would stay away from calling anything a Rag. The Rags would just love that. Now the Rangers could make the Rag Rag, put that would just look like a tampon anyway.

Torch Towel is ok, but I like the newness of Brimstone Banner.

I really dig having THE Jersey Devil image on the flag that would be bad ass, but might be a killer when it comes to the kiddies getting them.

and LivingThread - the multi color thing would be on ONE towel. ya know? That tackles the logistics problem of getting certain sections with certain colors. :thumbsup:

...How bout the ricky hatton fight song. It was so funny but annoying at the same time. It must of been lot of fun to be apart of it. Just Use Jersey Devil or Marty in some way for the song. And every one knows the song it has the potential to catch on i think.

Oh yeah, like "Walkin in ... "Brodeurs" or "The Devils" or "Marty's" ... wonderland!" Yeah, that could catch on. And would be AWESOME! That would take the PR guy or a massive private coordination of fans to get that going!

OMG! I LOVE Hells Handkerchief!

I like that multi-color idea too so it looks all firey

HEY! :angry: You all DUPED me into giving my opinion! Stop it! :rant:

:joker:

I think the handkerchief is weak. It a snot rag for goodness sake!

AND THUNDERSTICKS SUCK!!!

... So if you said call it the Peppercorn Pooprag I should ask for your contact information?

So i guess, Im calling you out....its what i do. But rather then do it on a message board Ill do it in person. You have my contact information so give me a call.

If what you do is call people out, and now im calling you out, you wont have a problem with a metting now would you?

Ill be waiting for a call.

1. The Pepperkorn Pooprag! :rofl: While that would NOT be appropriate for the games, I wouldn't mind seeing a prototype of what you have in mind there?! :ph34r:

2. LivingThread just totally snuck in a date asking on pk! He gave his digits and everything! :blush:

It's in the K I T C H E N! knucklehead! Now go make me a damn samich! :devil:

Here, you'll need this apronu.jpg

Like i said, the idea of the red,orange, yellow towels has to be the give away style by the devils. Getting the entire stadium to have the proper color towel in the proper section for more then one game is almost impossible.

See above comment on the multi coloredness of the towels. :koolaid: