Uniform Question

matcat1116

Ok, so everyone knows the way the jerseys work, you go to the NHL store and you feel how the authentics have very similar feels to the premiers. The fabric is a tiny bit different, but overall pretty indistinguishable. The fight strap and lack of jock tag are really all that sets the two apart, as the authentic has the same soft feel and touch as the premiers.

But if anybody noticed, when they zoom in on an NHL player, his jersey doesnt look the way the authentics do. The authentics appear to have the softer material that you can feel at the NHL store, while the jersey that the player is wearing appears much rougher, almost like the pre-Edge CCM material.

Up until now, I thought nothing of it. Maybe the jerseys look misleading on TV, or under the hockey lights, etc. But the other day, my friend showed me a few game-worn Reebok authentics that he bought off nhl auctions, and I asked to check them out. Upon further inspection, I realized that the material was MUCH more like the CCM material, with the little holes in the fabric and the rough-feeling material. I looked in the tag, and it actually said CCM/Reebok, even though the jersey had the NHL patch the way the reebok edge does. This confirmed my theory that the jerseys I saw on tv worn by the pros really weren't the authentics I had seen at the NHL store. The material was different, much more like the CCM. So my question is this:

Why does the NHL offer the Reebok authentics for 300 bucks online at the store, while the players actually wear jerseys made by joint CCM/Reebok and have a material much more similar to that of CCM than of the reebok edge?

OR: Is it all a big lie, do my eyes deceive me when I see holes in the uniforms, and the jersey that my friend bought were frauds even though they came off NHL auctions?

P.S. If you guys can catch an Isles game on TV, it's most apparent then. Look on the sleeves, specifically the orange part on the top of the sleeves. You should be able to see it when they zoom in on an Islander on the bench. You can clearly see all the holes in the uniform that are usually found in the CCM Pre-reebok edge uniforms.

Ok, so everyone knows the way the jerseys work, you go to the NHL store and you feel how the authentics have very similar feels to the premiers. The fabric is a tiny bit different, but overall pretty indistinguishable. The fight strap and lack of jock tag are really all that sets the two apart, as the authentic has the same soft feel and touch as the premiers.

NO this is not correct. The matieral is far inferior. Also the arms are reinforced in the elbow region along with different material on the sides if the RBK representitive was accurate.

But if anybody noticed, when they zoom in on an NHL player, his jersey doesnt look the way the authentics do. The authentics appear to have the softer material that you can feel at the NHL store, while the jersey that the player is wearing appears much rougher, almost like the pre-Edge CCM material.

This would be correct the authentics (thank RBK) are NOT the same as the ones on the ice. I think the Edge sweater you might have felt would really snag easily and is probably very close the 1.0's they issued when the sweaters were first introduced last year. Complete garbage to use by 95% of all players in the NHL. See below for more info. But I suspect the authentic you have or saw is the 1.0's they put on the shelves to sell. Maybe RBK didn't update inventory with the newer version.

Up until now, I thought nothing of it. Maybe the jerseys look misleading on TV, or under the hockey lights, etc. But the other day, my friend showed me a few game-worn Reebok authentics that he bought off nhl auctions, and I asked to check them out. Upon further inspection, I realized that the material was MUCH more like the CCM material, with the little holes in the fabric and the rough-feeling material. I looked in the tag, and it actually said CCM/Reebok, even though the jersey had the NHL patch the way the reebok edge does. This confirmed my theory that the jerseys I saw on tv worn by the pros really weren't the authentics I had seen at the NHL store. The material was different, much more like the CCM. So my question is this:

Please explain "game-worn Reebok authentic"... Did a player wear it or was just autographed. Probably completely different material.

Why does the NHL offer the Reebok authentics for 300 bucks online at the store, while the players actually wear jerseys made by joint CCM/Reebok and have a material much more similar to that of CCM than of the reebok edge?

OR: Is it all a big lie, do my eyes deceive me when I see holes in the uniforms, and the jersey that my friend bought were frauds even though they came off NHL auctions?

P.S. If you guys can catch an Isles game on TV, it's most apparent then. Look on the sleeves, specifically the orange part on the top of the sleeves. You should be able to see it when they zoom in on an Islander on the bench. You can clearly see all the holes in the uniform that are usually found in the CCM Pre-reebok edge uniforms.

RBK EDGE was introduced and supposed to be this state of the art thing that would whisk moisture (sweat) away, be aerodynamic, and fit snugger. They tried to reinvent the wheel when the wheel looked fine and charge MORE for a product that now everyone had to go out and buy if they wanted to have the MOST current version of a sweater.

Moisture wicking worked, but the sweat had to go somewhere. So it wallowed in the players skates, pads, gloves, etc. Players complained and COMPLAINED A LOT. So early in the season the RBK Edge 1.0 that was raved about, built up with supposed testing, was scrapped in favour of the RBK 2.0 Edge. This version had different material (basically going back to your pre-edge theory). The whole process definitely HURT RBK and other leagues (AHL, IHL, ECHL) suffered although not many knew it as they scrambled to fix the NHL problem. Some of their sweaters were screen printed, given seconds, etc.

The sweater looked the same for the most part, but the old fabric was used. Some players actually preferred the 1.0's and kept them, but they were among the minority. Currently they are on the Edge 2.5, 3.0, or higher. I'm not sure and will keep you informed when I learn more.

RBK is not working with CCM and there is no secret pack. The NHL has a contract with RBK to make sweaters. Beyond that, they just have meet their guidelines and listen to what the teams want in terms of looks on the front of their sweaters.

Edited by Chorske17

NO this is not correct. The matieral is far inferior. Also the arms are reinforced in the elbow region along with different material on the sides if the RBK representitive was accurate.

This would be correct the authentics (thank RBK) are NOT the same as the ones on the ice. I think the Edge sweater you might have felt would really snag easily and is probably very close the 1.0's they issued when the sweaters were first introduced last year. Complete garbage to use by 95% of all players in the NHL. See below for more info. But I suspect the authentic you have or saw is the 1.0's they put on the shelves to sell. Maybe RBK didn't update inventory with the newer version.

Please explain "game-worn Reebok authentic"... Did a player wear it or was just autographed. Probably completely different material.

RBK EDGE was introduced and supposed to be this state of the art thing that would whisk moisture (sweat) away, be aerodynamic, and fit snugger. They tried to reinvent the wheel when the wheel looked fine and charge MORE for a product that now everyone had to go out and buy if they wanted to have the MOST current version of a sweater.

Moisture wicking worked, but the sweat had to go somewhere. So it wallowed in the players skates, pads, gloves, etc. Players complained and COMPLAINED A LOT. So early in the season the RBK Edge 1.0 that was raved about, built up with supposed testing, was scrapped in favour of the RBK 2.0 Edge. This version had different material (basically going back to your pre-edge theory). The whole process definitely HURT RBK and other leagues (AHL, IHL, ECHL) suffered although not many knew it as they scrambled to fix the NHL problem. Some of their sweaters were screen printed, given seconds, etc.

The sweater looked the same for the most part, but the old fabric was used. Some players actually preferred the 1.0's and kept them, but they were among the minority. Currently they are on the Edge 2.5, 3.0, or higher. I'm not sure and will keep you informed when I learn more.

RBK is not working with CCM and there is no secret pack. The NHL has a contract with RBK to make sweaters. Beyond that, they just have meet their guidelines and listen to what the teams want in terms of looks on the front of their sweaters.

You know what I mean when I say pretty similar. They both felt soft, rather than the CCM material that felt rougher.

Yeah I knew that they came out with 2.0's, but I had no idea that they had such a different feel to them. I wonder why the NHL store didn't restock with 2.0's

I'm pretty sure it was game worn, and even if it wasn't, the holes in the material matched what I saw on tv that the pros were wearing.

Are players allowed to wear the 1.0's while everyone else wears higher? You'd think that the league would try and make sure every player was wearing the same type of jersey to ensure fairness.

I DEFINITELY saw the tag on the game worn jersey say CCM/Reebok. I could swear my life on it.

You know what I mean when I say pretty similar. They both felt soft, rather than the CCM material that felt rougher.

Yeah I knew that they came out with 2.0's, but I had no idea that they had such a different feel to them. I wonder why the NHL store didn't restock with 2.0's

I'm pretty sure it was game worn, and even if it wasn't, the holes in the material matched what I saw on tv that the pros were wearing.

Are players allowed to wear the 1.0's while everyone else wears higher? You'd think that the league would try and make sure every player was wearing the same type of jersey to ensure fairness.

I DEFINITELY saw the tag on the game worn jersey say CCM/Reebok. I could swear my life on it.

Get pictures or tell me who the collector is via a PM.

I didn't mean to imply anything negative towards you or belittle you. Sorry if you felt I did as it was not my intent.

1.0's are allowed by the teams at the players preference. I do not know of any 1.0's that the Devils players continue to wear, but I could be wrong. Players choices for wearing them were they were light and that player might wear multiple sweaters a game. Bertuzzi, McCabe, Brodeur, Pandolfo, and Parise all have done so with Parise just starting this year. Not sure if they are the 1.0's, but I would bet not on Parise/Brodeur/Pando.

IF CCM was bought by RBK than I did not know that and I am sorry my information was incorrect.

The 1.0's that might be at the stores were probably left there due to the huge loss RBK would incure by recalling them all. I know several people who bought the authentic only to have it snagged before they left the store or before they wore them more than once.

I saw the jersey again today, it was a raggie game worn valiquete from prague season opener, and tag said CCM. in fact it didn't have the reebok tag on the inside at all, seen here from nhl.com

sybd6u.png

Instead, it just had a basic white tag with a bunch of writing and CCM. However, on the back of the jersey, it had the 2w3b5g8.png, so it was definitely made in some part by reebok.

I saw the jersey again today, it was a raggie game worn valiquete from prague season opener, and tag said CCM. in fact it didn't have the reebok tag on the inside at all, seen here from nhl.com

sybd6u.png

Instead, it just had a basic white tag with a bunch of writing and CCM. However, on the back of the jersey, it had the 2w3b5g8.png, so it was definitely made in some part by reebok.

I found out that RBK/CCM are together just like Nike/Bauer... Sorry, I was wrong. NOt sure how that Praque stuff worked... I know NOTHING about the Rangers except I hate them almost as much as I hate the Penguins/Crosby/Lemieux.

Another question I had, this time about the Devils jersey

How come the authentic jerseys have a black NHL collar and the premiers (at least according to nhl.com) have red ones?

No idea, but the premiers are garbage. Get a gameworn one for as much as an authentic with name/number... MEIGRAY.com... There are a lot to choose from in the under $400.00 range and you could probably negotiate a better deal on the pre-2008-09 stuff.

No idea, but the premiers are garbage. Get a gameworn one for as much as an authentic with name/number... MEIGRAY.com... There are a lot to choose from in the under $400.00 range and you could probably negotiate a better deal on the pre-2008-09 stuff.

Already got my hands on a pre-edge CCM replica from rivercitysports.com, but thanks anyway! ;) I'm taking a break on the jersey buying for now

• 2 weeks later...
Already got my hands on a pre-edge CCM replica from rivercitysports.com, but thanks anyway! ;) I'm taking a break on the jersey buying for now

I wish the NHL would go back to the 6100 series and dump the edge. I recently bought a reebok edge Devil's jersey and compared it with the game Martin Brodeur set the record for most wins if it is the same jersey then the Edge is far more inferior!!!!!!!! :noclue:

I thought Reebok owned CCM now? Or did I make that up?

in my authentic it has a ccm tag on back inside and the size tag has ccm on it on inside

Another question I had, this time about the Devils jersey

How come the authentic jerseys have a black NHL collar and the premiers (at least according to nhl.com) have red ones?

so ppl cant remove the rbk stitch on left sleeve and the size on front and stitch the sides together and attach a fight strap

if the did that (wat i sed above ) it will be a homemade authentic lookalike

in my authentic it has a ccm tag on back inside and the size tag has ccm on it on inside

so ppl cant remove the rbk stitch on left sleeve and the size on front and stitch the sides together and attach a fight strap

if the did that (wat i sed above ) it will be a homemade authentic lookalike

Dude, no offense, but after that knockoff fiasco thread of yours, you really are in no position to be trusted here about authentics and the such. And your sig is WAY too big, you gotta cut that down by a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.