Brodeur special, NHL Network, Thursday, 7 ET

msweet

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=414263

This is can't-miss TV. To celebrate New Jersey's Martin Brodeur setting the record for most career regular-season victories by a goaltender, NHL Network will debut an exclusive two-hour special titled "Brodeur: A Winner Above All" on Thursday, March 19 at 7 p.m. ET.

"Brodeur: A Winner Above All" is the most comprehensive special ever produced by the NHL Network. Narrated by NHL Network

This is can't-miss TV. To celebrate New Jersey's Martin Brodeur setting the record for most career regular-season victories by a goaltender, NHL Network will debut an exclusive two-hour special titled "Brodeur: A Winner Above All" on Thursday, March 19 at 7 p.m. ET.

"Brodeur: A Winner Above All" is the most comprehensive special ever produced by the NHL Network. Narrated by NHL Network

I heard it was only 30 mins long. So what's up with that? :noclue: Are they going to air more episodes, so it's two hours long total?

That was a well done piece. A few notes:

- Great opening and closing videos.

- Funny to see Sasha Lakovic in one of the shots when they are talking about how good of a puck handler Brodeur is

- Cool to see the 1990 draft coverage. Hilarious to see a young Bob McKenzie

- Nice to see Richter and Leetch interviewed during the special. I know I'd feel sick if Brodeur and Stevens were part of a Messier special. I guess it was easy to get them to do since they had just finished filming some extras on the 15th anniversary Rangers Cup DVD

- Really enjoyed the part about Jacques Caron and Brodeur's relationship

- Brodeur's Stache that he was rocking during his first ever game was dirty

- Did Scott Stevens have nothing interesting to say? I was wondering if he was going to be in it until they showed him the last few segments

Edited by devilsrule33

Forgot to mention that it was nice to have Gretzky on saying a few words. I could hear Pang doing the interview.

Speaking of Pang. I heard an interview with him on the radio the other day saying Brodeur had gone up to about 240 pounds before his heavy workout (no pun intended) this past off-season. Didn't realize he got that big.