Who is your Favorite former NJ Devil?

LivingThread

Kinda watching some highlights and they are showing some former devils doing good things. So i was thinking about a question for you guys. I guess its a two part question, but might be the same answer for some of you. It can be a rookie plyaer, a free agent pick up, or anythign else. If they wore the jersey, they were a Devil.

Who is your favorite Devils player that left the team (not retired), and who do you think the best since leaving the Devils?

My favorite player who left was Neidermayer. I loved hearing his name called when he had a shot on goal too.

I thing the guy who has done the best since leaving the Devils is .... hmm not sure. They all should fall off a cliff ....lol. j/k lemme think about it.

Two way tie:

Kirk Muller & Tom Chorske are my favourites that left.

Muller played in an instrumental role in leading the Devils to the first playoff berth. He was traded to the Habs for Stephane Richer and my other favourite Chorske. Muller of course won a cup in 1993 with Montreal. Richer and Chorske did the same with the Devils two years later in 1995.

Since leaving the Devils (even though he returned), Shanahan has by far been the best player to leave the organization and play. 3 Cups, the point/PIM totals and his age demonstrate enough of what kind of character, preperation, and skill this guys has.

If you don't want to consider him since he returned to the Devils, I'd have to say Bill Guerin who really blossomed elsewhere. While he didn't win a cup, he did score a ton of goals and meet the playmaker Weight who he formed a great bond with in playing. The two have played together on three teams (NYI, STL, EDM and Team USA) and feed off one-another.

Edited by Chorske17

I'd have to say Rafalski... rare is it a player leaves this team and I don't get pissed why he left... or glad he's out the door :P

That's so CUTE! :wub:

do I have to say Sean Brown since I'm his keeper... :rolleyes:

Hey I CAN say Holik - but I only would say that because he came back :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

John MacLean. I'll never forget when he announced during a pregame show that he had asked to be traded (due to the Devils using him as a checker). I actually felt sick when I heard him say that.

John MacLean

I don't count him as "former".

I'm gonna go with Stevie Sullivan. Despite costing me $10 in a bet with Triumph.

He's about the size of Gionta, but he plays with a lot of heart and excitement. And unlike Gionta, he doesn't shoot the puck wide 99.95% of the time. With the numbers he was putting up with the Rats, I thought he had a chance to be yet another rookie of the year for us.... I still think that if he had played the whole season he could have beaten Bryan Berard.

Jason Arnott, B Raf out of the current players still i the NHL.

Gomez and Neids would have been to but they left in such $hitty circumstances.

And like most i wish #4 was still in the NHL because i miss seeing him play the most.

Also Jeff Friesen because he was such a nice guy, he came across as very down to earth and honnest.

I don't count him as "former".

I'm gonna go with Stevie Sullivan. Despite costing me $10 in a bet with Triumph.

He's about the size of Gionta, but he plays with a lot of heart and excitement. And unlike Gionta, he doesn't shoot the puck wide 99.95% of the time. With the numbers he was putting up with the Rats, I thought he had a chance to be yet another rookie of the year for us.... I still think that if he had played the whole season he could have beaten Bryan Berard.

What was the bet again?

What was the bet again?

The year that the Lightning won the cup I bet that Sullivan would score 10 points in the playoffs. I actually thought Nashville would do some damage in the playoffs that year. They lasted 5 games I think.

Fortunately in my work office pool I picked 5 Tampa players + 4 Flames + Sullivan and won the pool with more than double anybody else's points, so I didn't mind coughing up 10% of my winnings to Triumph. :)

Edited by Don