Shanahan

BlizzardCyclone

Just out of curiousity, how many people think Shanny will be here next year and how many think he will finish off his career here? Do you think the Rags will try to sign him over the summer?

I want to get a Shanahan jersey but dont want to get burned if he bolts over the summer or we dont resign him. What are the chances right now that Lou would resign him?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say no chance but then again i thought there was no chance for this year. he's already missed a few games for 'maintenance' and seems to take every third practice off. aside from that he hasn't brought that much to the table beyond his power play abilities.

i'd say no chance but then again i thought there was no chance for this year. he's already missed a few games for 'maintenance' and seems to take every third practice off. aside from that he hasn't brought that much to the table beyond his power play abilities.

I'm even questioning how much he helped the PP. The Devils took off Zubrus for Shanny on the 2nd PP unit. Now Shanny is a better PP player so that makes sense but it left the Devils with too many shooters and not enough distributors on the 2nd unit. Gionta is the main distributor and that isn't his strength then we're left with Shanny, Rolston, Clarkson, and, now, Havelid. Havelid seems like he can pass some but when Greene is out there that unit basically has 4 guys who aren't great passers and a guy who is put into the passer role because he's the best option available. It's not a criticism of the talents of the individual players but the sum is less than the parts when they're put together like that, IMO.

Go get a Devils jersey of a player that you know WILL be here next season. Taking a chance on Shanahan. Don't think he will be back unless he has great stats in the playoffs and does well for Lou to even consider re-signing him.

Well I have a blank replica that I wanted to get a number set for, so its not really gonna break the bank here, but I wanted to at least get someone whose gonna be there next year and to come. Just got Parise, im figuring I will probably go with Elias then. Langenbrunner would be retarded to iron onto the back of a jersey and not to many others, besides Marty that I would get.

QUOTE (robdeselich88 @ Mar 26 2009, 05:15 PM)

At the last flyers game at the rock i saw 3 intresting jerseys:

Rafalski

Weekes

Clemmer

I like spaghetti. Can you swim?

meaning that because of seeing those jerseys, a shannhan jersey isn't bad to have.

Edited by robdeselich88

Well I have a blank replica that I wanted to get a number set for, so its not really gonna break the bank here, but I wanted to at least get someone whose gonna be there next year and to come. Just got Parise, im figuring I will probably go with Elias then. Langenbrunner would be retarded to iron onto the back of a jersey and not to many others, besides Marty that I would get.

Whats wrong with Langenbrunner!? I'd go for Elias then..or be different and get an Andy Greene lol

Edited by jsalz