Shanahan

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? the PK played GREAT this series, and the PP unit he was on scored. He was on the ice for some against...but again I don't think its fair because of Madden/'dolfo played pretty damned great against Staal...he didn't even have a shot last night until the last 90 seconds...what more do you want from a shutdown line? But if you don't have the shutdown defense...what does it matter?

Doesn't mean his icetime has to be 18 minutes, but to say he's not valuable crasher is bullsh!t :giggle:

But I tell you, for 10-15 minutes this guy...is as good a pick up for $450K as you can get.

Did they REALLY??

If so how come he was able to get open WHEN IT MATTERED THE MOST???

And playing great is one thing...putting ZERO offensive talent on the ice (fluke goal or not) for ONE THIRD OF THE GAME in an offensive minded league ... INSANITY!!!

the problem is this coach clings to veterans like a smelly old security blanket that needs washing

you tell me how Madden gets TWO SHIFTS in the game before PARISE GETS ONE?!?!?!?!!?

I though we don't match up any more

and amazing... THE TEAM WAS SUCCESSFUL WHEN WE DIDN'T... so YOU GO BACK TO A FAILED PLAN OF ATTACK WHEN IT MATTERS MOST???

unacceptable!!!!!!!

As long as this team's structure is as IT IS, a guy like Shanny will get played TO DEATH, his fault or not

I don't see where Shanny's ability falls into your line of thinking. He can be resigned for half a year again, and play less minutes. That's fine. When it mattered most, what did you want Shanny to do last night that he didn't? He had an assist covered back on the last goal (Mottau didn't step up and White was retarded)

I don't see where Shanny's ability falls into your line of thinking. He can be resigned for half a year again, and play less minutes. That's fine. When it mattered most, what did you want Shanny to do last night that he didn't? He had an assist covered back on the last goal (Mottau didn't step up and White was retarded)

you mean like us signing a back up goalie of worth so THE EGO, won't play 75 games a season??

yeah we see how THAT works every year

you put out Madden/Pandolfo/Shanny with Mottau and White in a shutdown situation AT HOME (which means you are stupid enough to think this is a GOOD match-up) and you get what you deserve

yes I am saying I don't trust the coaching staff to be intelligent enough to pace their players, know their team and play the guys that SHOULD be played more (14 minutes for Elias?!?!?!)

The PK played GREAT this series, and the PP unit he was on scored. He was on the ice for some against...but again I don't think its fair because of Madden/'dolfo played pretty damned great against Staal...he didn't even have a shot last night until the last 90 seconds...what more do you want from a shutdown line? But if you don't have the shutdown defense...what does it matter?

excellent point.

yes I am saying I don't trust the coaching staff to be intelligent enough to pace their players, know their team and play the guys that SHOULD be played more (14 minutes for Elias?!?!?!)

This was actually my main concern, but with all of the criticism flying around the board today I didn't want to post it. I'm afraid that if Shannahan played a full season with the Devils they would run him into the ground.

We saw how the Devils used him this year. I wonder what HE wants his role to be.

Did they REALLY??

If so how come he was able to get open WHEN IT MATTERED THE MOST???

And playing great is one thing...putting ZERO offensive talent on the ice (fluke goal or not) for ONE THIRD OF THE GAME in an offensive minded league ... INSANITY!!!

the problem is this coach clings to veterans like a smelly old security blanket that needs washing

you tell me how Madden gets TWO SHIFTS in the game before PARISE GETS ONE?!?!?!?!!?

I though we don't match up any more

and amazing... THE TEAM WAS SUCCESSFUL WHEN WE DIDN'T... so YOU GO BACK TO A FAILED PLAN OF ATTACK WHEN IT MATTERS MOST???

unacceptable!!!!!!!

As long as this team's structure is as IT IS, a guy like Shanny will get played TO DEATH, his fault or not

This was absolutely inexcusable on so many levels. It was downright sickening. Parise should have been out there until he was throwing up. After he was done throwing up his ass needed to be right back out there. GAME 7!!!!!! GAME FREAKIN 7!!!!! This one is going to sting for a very very long time.