GDT: Devils @ Ranger$ - 3/30/09

MB3

i am at a loss.

the defensive pressure that carried the devils for months has evaporated.

tonight is paul martin's turn to look like an ahl caliber player.

rolston may have the "heavy shot" but he as i said a few weeks ago, coasts and does not compete. the devils had a good cycle going and he gave up on it when it went behind the net because it would have meant a check or a battle.

this team is certainly in marty's head. his whining after the 2nd goal when drury didn't touch him was pathetic.

maybe its a different team, but this is a carbon copy of what happened last year. the devils just seem gassed. maybe they think they'll be able to turn it on come playoff time. obviously, we all know they are a streaky team. when things go well, they can go two months with a head of steam. when they don't, they look like they're one of the worst teams in the league.

just terribly disappointed in the last two weeks.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for Johnny Mac.

That could work. To be fair, a trained gerbil could do a better job than Sutter.

I cant believe Brent is actually doing an interview right now...

If we're lucky, he'll never do another.

Just thought I'd pop on to watch the board implosion first hand. Marty sucks, bring back Clem, fire Sutter....yup, yup, a good ol' fashioned board implosion is in full effect!

Oh, and this is why I hate when a team locks up a playoff spot too early. The Devs are running into freight train after frieght train and the result isn't pretty. I have faith the team will get that fire back, especially after a whooping like this. Don't fret kids, the playoffs are a totally different animal.

We don't need Clemmer, we need the team playing like they did for Clemmer.

Seriously Marty has faced more shots in 2 periods than Clemmesen faced the whole game during his last 2 wins against the rangers. And let's give Clemmensen the credit for the 8-5 win too. :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd pop on to watch the board implosion first hand. Marty sucks, bring back Clem, fire Sutter....yup, yup, a good ol' fashioned board implosion is in full effect!

Oh, and this is why I hate when a team locks up a playoff spot too early. The Devs are running into freight train after frieght train and the result isn't pretty. I have faith the team will get that fire back, especially after a whooping like this. Don't fret kids, the playoffs are a totally different animal.

:blink:

I'm fretting. This is a playoff type game, and they sh@t the bed.

Unless we face Carolina :giggle:

If we're lucky, he'll never do another.

he shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

hopefully... because last year it was FAR from a 'different animal'.

So when we play the rangers in the first round and get curb stomped again will you start the free agency thread?

this game was a chance to put serious doubt in the Rangers playoff hopes...even though they still would be in the Top 8 at the end of the game.

how the fvck do you not get up to do this to your rival? the Rangers are making us look like its 1984 and the "Avery factor" has absolutely nothing to do with it.

he shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

Why I want the idiot fired now.

:blink:

I'm fretting. This is a playoff type game, and they sh@t the bed.

Is it? Is it really? To the Rangers, this is do or die. Hell, for them, every game is do or die. The Devs have the playoffs locked up and, unless there's a collapse of epic proportions, they are going to be a 100 point team looking at first in the division. The Rangers just want this more because they need this more.

Besides, we're talking like this game is over. Sure, it looks pretty grim but the game isn't over until the clock rings zero. I'll be impressed if they just claw back to make it close.

Wow, aren't you the holy one. How dare people be angry that the team is sh!tting the bed against a potential first round opponent six games from the playoffs?

this game was a chance to put serious doubt in the Rangers playoff hopes...even though they still would be in the Top 8 at the end of the game.

how the fvck do you not get up to do this to your rival?

THAT does concern me, that they're not sharp enough tonight against a rival.