Jack Edward's call on Lucic hitting Jones from behind

Revan

Okay, so we all remember the story of Patrice Bergeron

by Randy Jones back in 2007. Appearently, Boston play-by-play Jack Edwards didn't have much sympathy for Jones, when he himself got hit from behind against the boards by Milan Lucic last night. Flyers fans, obviously, went nuts when that hit occured. Here's Edwards' evil commentary:

LOL at the laughter. Some might consider the comment classless, but why show any class to a classless organisation, players and fans?

LOL at the laughter. Some might consider the comment classless, but why show any class to a classless organisation, players and fans?

There's a difference in cheering some kind of "karma" play and being an unprofessional douche on the air

ever wonder why Duck fans and Carolina fans are clueless idiots??? Listen to their announcers!!!! When you start watching hockey you learn what the announcers tell you and take it as gospel... you don't know any better or how really retarded the guy behind the mike is... and you may never learn and undo the damage this morons with headsets spit at you (I'd say Colorado too)

now this is BOSTON... and there should be a higher level of hockey knowledge and intelligence there, but it's inexcusable

imagine the Vancouver guy defending the Bertuzzi incident as it happened and then laughing over Steve Moore on the ice....

yeah.....

But I expect no less from an ESPN Scumbag :P

it was funny, but the hit was not that bad in was a shove. it shouldnt be called anyways. and knowing the Faliures Jones probably flopped a little when he felt contact

ever wonder why Duck fans and Carolina fans are clueless idiots??? Listen to their announcers!!!! When you start watching hockey you learn what the announcers tell you and take it as gospel... you don't know any better or how really retarded the guy behind the mike is... and you may never learn and undo the damage this morons with headsets spit at you (I'd say Colorado too)

Agreed. Try talking to a Ranger fan about their young talent. Because of Sam/Micheletti, you'd think they were about to become the 1984 Oilers.... again...

They love Edwards up in New England. For me, as an amateur color-commentator in college, Jack Edwards is a pain to listen to. There is a degree of being a homer for the team you cover, you just can't help it. But that is usually the color guy, ie Chico. But this call is one in a series of ridiculous stuff he says. He fits right in with New Englanders of this day in age, hence why the worship him.

They love Edwards up in New England. For me, as an amateur color-commentator in college, Jack Edwards is a pain to listen to. There is a degree of being a homer for the team you cover, you just can't help it. But that is usually the color guy, ie Chico. But this call is one in a series of ridiculous stuff he says. He fits right in with New Englanders of this day in age, hence why the worship him.

He is one of, if not thee worst, p-b-p guys in the entire NHL. His color guy, Andy Brickley, is better at p-b-p than he is.

There's a difference in cheering some kind of "karma" play and being an unprofessional douche on the air

I don't know much about Edwards, to be honest, never get a chance to listen to him. So I won't comment on how he performs on a nightly basis, but I still love that comment. And yes, that's because I hate the Phailures. :P

You're probably right about the announcers though. Them and all the media guys create the image of an organisation in fans' minds. That's why Rangers fans think they are something special - because MSG TV jerks act like their team was elite, while they won one title in the last almost 70 years. :whistling:

imagine the Vancouver guy defending the Bertuzzi incident as it happened and then laughing over Steve Moore on the ice....

It's tough to compare those two hits because the recipients acted extremely differently. With Jones, he got up immediately so it was evident that he was fine. In terms of Moore, he laid on the ice motionless, so something was obviously wrong.