Are the Devils tanking the rest of the season to focus on the playoffs

eaglejelly

No. This is a slump gone out of control. It has turned into a crisis of confidence, and that's worrisome.

I think you are spot on. Normally I try to remain upbeat and positive, and while I still think this team is capable of a serious Cup run, I'm starting to have doubts about that now. They looked terrified of the Rangers for most of the game.

I think you are spot on. Normally I try to remain upbeat and positive, and while I still think this team is capable of a serious Cup run, I'm starting to have doubts about that now. They looked terrified of the Rangers for most of the game.

no matter what happens from now until the end of the season (even if we win the remaining games), i think we are in big trouble if we face NYR. better off we dont face them... at least not in round 1.

no matter what happens from now until the end of the season (even if we win the remaining games), i think we are in big trouble if we face NYR. better off we dont face them... at least not in round 1.

We're too scared of them.

call up scotty. the team's gotten complacent and relying on brodeur wayyy too much.

Thats what I was saying, I know it sounds absurd, but this team played sooooo hard when they didnt have a "superstar" in net, now they are ack to letting marty carry them and we all saw what that got this team the last few seasons..... For a while I thought it was just fatigue, but I have a hard time beleiving that anymore. If they were rookies or second yr players not used to the grind I could see it, but these guys have enough experience and have played more games than this before and should know and have known to pace themselves, so i think it goes beyond fatigue and has to do with complacency with Marty back in net. So how do you handle it? Cant very well play Clemmenson in the playoffs but maybe a game or two for the last what 7 or 8 maybe to see if it sparks the team somehow??? I know it sounds absurd but what do they have to lose at this point? 4 game losing streak playing against a fierce rival and they give tonights effort????? Something needss to shake them up!!!

We start playing hockey again who gives a damn about the rangers, both teams playing sharp i'll take us. If we play like this again then quite frankly it doesn't matter either because we'll be out in a week as Sutter put it.

you woulda rocked every single one of them if you were coach i bet

wow - lundqvist - 14-2-4 vs. Marty.

between him and andrei morozov, marty is peter sidorkewicz.

My comparison: Marty vs. the Rangers is like Pedro vs. the Yankees (when he was with the Red Sox). They both do just enough to lose.

Of course they are resting in between games, they are the middle of a 6 games in 9 days stretch. That's more than an every other day stretch. You run a hard bag skate practice during one of the off days and you make this already bad streak even worse.

Yeah except they're also taking games off now so you might as well bag skate them anyway since clearly the message isn't getting through :rant: So they'll lose 9-0 Wednesday, they'll lose anyway. A point needs to be made and now.

Edited by Hasan4978