GDT: 4/1/09 New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins

njdevil26

Elias needed to play tonight...players see him playing hurt to try n turn things around...they feed off that

Or he reinjures whatever it may be or just wears himself out and then he ends up unable to play in the playoffs when the games actually matter.

He's not hurt. He's "tired", according to Brent.

Yea, and Scott Stevens really had flu-like symptoms and Martin Brodeur just had a bruised elbow. You can never believe 100% that any Devils injury is actually what they say it is.

I really can't stand the decision to put Clemmer down to the AHL. He doesn't belong there. Marty is not the same goalie that won three stanley cups. If Brodeur is going to be at the top of his game, I think he needs some rest here and there. This rough three game stretch, Clemmer would have definitely helped out.

Would you have rather they tried to keep him only to have him plucked off waivers?

It also results in 4-4 as opposed to a *bigger* powerplay, in a game we need.

But no, I've been watching a different game, sorry, got confused.

If you were watching the game instead of spending your time bitching you would have noticed that Orpik was given an additional minor after Zubrus went after him, so we are still on the powerplay.

And what's bothering more about the fact that Zubrus did it was the fact that no teammates jumped up and did it first. I thought we were a team...

My (ill-made) point is that *he* retaliated, no teammates came to his defense. And no, that doesn't show "heart" like the OP suggested, it shows "fvck man what a cheapshot i'm gonna knock the sh!t out of this guy". If other players jumped on him, THAN we see "heart".

So if someone else said "fvck man what a cheapshot i'm gonna knock the sh!t out of this guy" then that's heart? That makes no sense.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and we wouldn't have had a 4 minute powerplay because there was no blood drawn... and in regards to no one standing up and taking him, that's why I'm commending Zubrus for defending himself so there's really no need to come at me as if I'm some cheap shot loving dirtbag. Because it was anything but that.

When Marty was out, if Clemmy losed 2 in a row, for whatever reason, weekes woul come up and play, wonder why we don't do that when things is going wrong with Marty in the Pipes. Already said after the lost to the Rags Brodeur shoul miss this game.

And what's bothering more about the fact that Zubrus did it was the fact that no teammates jumped up and did it first. I thought we were a team...

My (ill-made) point is that *he* retaliated, no teammates came to his defense. And no, that doesn't show "heart" like the OP suggested, it shows "fvck man what a cheapshot i'm gonna knock the sh!t out of this guy". If other players jumped on him, THAN we see "heart".

If teammates jumped in along with Zubrus, we probably woulda gotten another minor. And no power play.

Some night's it's not YOUR night,so Brett give Marty a seat--At this pace it's going to be a 7-2 game.Make a goalie change and for the best!!! :argh:

If he is in anyway hurt from that first shot he took to the collarbone, then I agree, sit him now. No need for him to injure himself in this game.

Alright, here's a little reality check: Over the past few years the most common reaction to how Brodeur plays is: "He's supposed to be good?" I'm sorry, I know he's been the face of the franchise for so long, and he's proved he should be, but he's really not the same goalie anymore. He still plays amazing in a game here and there, but when it counts lately, he's looked less than o.k.

Says the mid-40 year old who uses wii-fit and laps the concourse for his excercise... :rolleyes:

no unlike you I am actually 36 and didn't fake my age to look at pictures of boobies in the adult room to pretend to be cool about my little life :P

the rest... well it just proves my point... did mommy and daddy send you to room without din-din??

Parise gets high sticked ... no call.

Do the refs hate Zach or something? Do all of their wives have posters with #9 on their walls?

how could they not call that

Do the refs hate Zach or something? Do all of their wives have posters with #9 on their walls?

See what happens if anybody touches Cindy though

most likely. seriously they never call anything when its Zach

The officiating during this losing streak has been painfully bad. I don't think it's a stretch to say that the refs are partially to blame for some of these losses.

When the team is playing well, it doesn't matter how good the refs are. You kill the penalties, you capitalize on the PPs and you hold it down 5-on-5. But when the team isn't playing well, bad officiating just makes everything so much worse.