Hey Marty

mrthemike

Bad juju came out of Marty's mask and invaded the locker room.

DAMN THAT JUJU!

Or maybe you just haven't been kicked out of chat enough lately :P

That will be true and the Devils will become a better consistent complete and competitive team. Then only the skirts need to worry because Marty will have more free time to wander.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

----on a side note some "brian s" on the TG blog commented on how we are only giving up an average of 2 shots on goal more with MB30 in net than when Clemmer was there...we just aren't blocking nearly as many which is a side effect of the MB30 rule since he doesn't like anyone blocking shots in front...that, directly correlates with us losing...and should be looked at...

Hmmm, some goalies don't like guys blocking shots in front because if the shot's only partially blocked and winds up on net it's just like a tip from the other team... harder to react to. Personally when I play I tell my team not to try to block shots inside the dots unless they're 100% sure they can control it... gotten scored on way too many times that way.

Hmmm, some goalies don't like guys blocking shots in front because if the shot's only partially blocked and winds up on net it's just like a tip from the other team... harder to react to. Personally when I play I tell my team not to try to block shots inside the dots unless they're 100% sure they can control it... gotten scored on way too many times that way.

I'd agree that its his style but something isn't working that much is obvious...more ambiguous is what caused the slump...and that stat jumped out at me as a possibility...I mean they rallied around Clemmer, fit with his style, blocked shots and it worked....sure Clemmer would give up juicy rebounds but we were working hard in our defensive zone, back checking, blocking, zoning out...now we are looking lost out there....

I'd agree that its his style but something isn't working that much is obvious...more ambiguous is what caused the slump...and that stat jumped out at me as a possibility...I mean they rallied around Clemmer, fit with his style, blocked shots and it worked....sure Clemmer would give up juicy rebounds but we were working hard in our defensive zone, back checking, blocking, zoning out...now we are looking lost out there....

Yea, but they didnt rally around the goalie(s) until, what, the 7th game after Marty went out? So , it took some time. The build-up to 552 was so huge, I think that carried them for a bit, followed by the crash. Now we start again. I actually feel good about the rest of the season and playoffs.

hey! I'm not usually writing in this forum but when I see all you people complaining about Marty I get a little bit annoyed. Just cause we're losing some games in a row we shouldn't talk sh!t about our own goalie. All you guys who now thinks he puts himself ahead of the team remember that Marty has saved our asses SO MANY times. Still I think this record-thing is starting to get annoying too. BUT to you guys who seems to turn all your anger against our number 30 and his helmet I can only say that it's pathetic. Why didn't you complain when we were winning?

If Marty wasn't in goal the last few games we probably would have given up at least 20 more goals. It's Marty's fault though. Based on a lot of the comments here, he has every right to be a douche to much of this fan base, one who allowed him to get mocked repeatedly in his own building by visiting fans.

Why didn't you complain when we were winning?

I did... I hated the mask when I saw it... I hated seeing it on the ice... I hoped he'd come to his senses when he got hurt and I hate it now just as much.... there's a reason he's mb30 until he loses the mask :P

If Marty wasn't in goal the last few games we probably would have given up at least 20 more goals. It's Marty's fault though. Based on a lot of the comments here, he has every right to be a douche to much of this fan base, one who allowed him to get mocked repeatedly in his own building by visiting fans.

And it's not the fans' fault that the team is idiotic on how they sell the tickets and the prices are HALF what they are across the river

I can't blame the opposing fans' for it at all

not to mention it's 100 times nicer in Newark !!

I have always said that Marty pretends to be for the team first but we truly know it's Marty all about Marty and his records and product sales. When the team wins it's Marty won and when the team loses it's the team lost.

Yea which is why he took a pay cut a couple of years back so the Devils wouldn't be up against the CAP and they could build a team... you're right, that isn't team first. Shut up.

He didn't take a pay cut. He negotiated his own contract without agent so he actually made more money settling for less than he would have if he used an agent to gross more. Marty doesn't do anything for free. When he goes to Montreal to play he high fives the fans there but at home in the rock he walks by..Why is that?

I think Marty has way too much influence on this team, (even more stroke than Sutter at times) and I believe the players feel the same way. Furthermore, I feel that Lamoriello has compromised his creed of; "No one player is bigger than the team" --to-- 'The pecking order in this organization is ME... Marty... then Brent'. Why does a Head Coach have to "ask" IF you want to come out during a game where you allow half-a-dozen goals? He's the Head Coach... shouldn't he be able to make a decision without having to run it by his netminder?

I respect Marty, and I appreciate what he's (help) done for this organizaiton... but just a grain of humility would nice. 18 goals in 4

Edited by Beezer34

He didn't take a pay cut. He negotiated his own contract without agent so he actually made more money settling for less than he would have if he used an agent to gross more. Marty doesn't do anything for free. When he goes to Montreal to play he high fives the fans there but at home in the rock he walks by..Why is that?

THE REAL BRODEUR!