GDT: 04/03/09 Tampa Bay LIGHTNING @ New Jersey DEVILS

Middlesex

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From TG: "Sutter said he expected that Scott Clemmensen will be called up from Lowell to serve as the backup goaltender Saturday.

'I'm assuming so,' Sutter said; 'I haven't had a chance to discuss it with (GM) Lou (Lamoriello), but I'm assuming that's who it will be.'"

We won but was not a glorius victory, What I mean is we still strugling and tonight we show that defense still weak.

My opnion guys no need crucify me.

*** Did tyhe "Troll Girl" had to be taken to the hospital because was to drunk??

Cue a million comments of "It was Tampa."

That doesn't matter, for two reasons.

A) This team DID finally play well, show some passion and score though there were mistakes galore, at least the effort was there tonight.

B) They just needed a win by any freaking means neccesary. This could be the second biggest win of the season, right behind that silly 6-5 shootout win against Washington in mid-November.

And Clemmensen has to start one of these last four games since Marty got rooked of his day off today and he's clearly tired now. Hopefully we lock up the division asap (and the Caps the #2 seed) so that Marty will sit either Tuesday or Thursday. Too bad Weeksie had to leave like that in what could well be his final game as a Devil though, the only downer tonight :saddevil:

Edited by Hasan4978

Hopefully we lock up the division asap (and the Caps the #2 seed) so that Marty will sit either Tuesday or Thursday.

Philly is 6 points behind and has 10 possible points remaining. Pittsburgh is 8 behind out of 10 remaining.

We pick up 4 points out of 8, division is clinched (Philly is 6 wins behind so we have the tiebreaker locked up). Philly loses twice in regulation, the division is clinched. If Pittsburgh loses once in regulation or we pick up two points, the Pens are out of the picture (same situation with the tiebreaker).

Washington is two points ahead with 8 possible points to gain. It's really a horse race there. We would likely have the tiebreaker there as well since they have one fewer win.

Seriously!! The breakaway was... a breakaway, one was excellent passing, and the other was a lucky bounce right to a 'ning stick. Nothing wrong with Marty's play tonight...

The last one looked like a bad rebound, and he was awful in Pittsburgh, flopped all over the place in the Garden though he had a good first period. I don't care who you are, nine games in nineteen days weeks after coming off the shelf is going to have an effect.

Why not just start Clemmensen tomorrow?

That'd be an insane turnaround, going from Lowell to Buffalo in less than one night, besides I'm not even sure how much he's played since he was on the shelf a while back.

Edited by Hasan4978

look it as two games, they played much better in the good half than the score indicates. much better. if anything they were too amped.

The last one looked like a bad rebound, and he was awful in Pittsburgh, flopped all over the place in the Garden though he had a good first period. I don't care who you are, nine games in nineteen days weeks after coming off the shelf is going to have an effect.

I thought it was a fluky bounce that caught him way out of position. no fault of his own. Zubrus should have marked his man, and failing that, take a penalty. he did neither

Why not just start Clemmensen tomorrow?

he played tonight

Seriously!! The breakaway was... a breakaway, one was excellent passing, and the other was a lucky bounce right to a 'ning stick. Nothing wrong with Marty's play tonight...

I thought the events that lead to the breakaway was lucky too. Luck seemed to pretty much even out between the teams, which is a first in a while.

Anyone see that fight in the stands tonight? lol I think it was section 120 it might have been 121. This old guy tossed this big guy over a bunch of seats...it was wild haha

Anyone see that fight in the stands tonight? lol I think it was section 120 it might have been 121. This old guy tossed this big guy over a bunch of seats...it was wild haha

Wow I missed that and was in 129. I saw some commotion in 105 though and a bunch of people got tossed.

Wow I missed that and was in 129. I saw some commotion in 105 though and a bunch of people got tossed.

Wait..it was over there lol my bad i dont know why i put 120

Finally a nice win and a dramtic one in OT. Phew. It was loud in the OT and especially when Parise scored the GWG in OT. Devils now inch closer to the division tiltle as they win 2-more games or win one game and the Flyers lose one the Devils clinch the division.

The Brodeur ceremony was awesome and I was choked up through most of it. :P That was the best 10-minutes of a ceremony they gave to Brodeur. That silver goalie stick was a beauty. The painting and pucks were nice too along with the huge picture of him as well.

The Devils got the much needed two points and the win tonight. pandolfo had another strong game and his goal was a great goal on Ramo. Shanahan may have saved the Devils season somewhat after that penalty shot goal and he was the right player for the penalty shot as he does not miss many oppurtunities like that. That goal by Shanahan gave a spark to this Devils team that looks to be back now and hopefully they will carry it over to the Buffalo game tonight.

The SGA Brodeur poster and stick are pretty cool. The poster especially with a nice picture of Bropdeur on the front and all his dates, opponents and wins on the back of the poster leading up to and #552.

Keep it going Devils! Get on another win streak.