Official 2009 New York Mets Offseason Thread

Prucenterrules

That is good news about Wagner...Mets need another lefty in the BP. Minaya does nothing at the TDL, but getting Francouer was big for the Mets weeks before the TDL.

Sean Green is starting to remind me of Heilman the way he pitches and throws away games like he did last night. :doh1: Green was on a roll not giving up a run in his last 8 outings but last night it all fell apart for him. Mets let one slip away last night.

Hopefully Wright is starting to get his power back and hit some more HR. Hernandez another good outing and Manuel made a terrible mistake by taking him out and PH with Berroa? :blink: Would have had better chances of Hernandez getting a hit then Berroa there with the bases loaded.

Sean Green is starting to remind me of Heilman the way he pitches and throws away games like he did last night. :doh1: Green was on a roll not giving up a run in his last 8 outings but last night it all fell apart for him. Mets let one slip away last night.

green was due for a bad outing.. in june/july combined he had a ~3.33 ERA while opposing batters hit just .194 against him.

Hopefully Wright is starting to get his power back and hit some more HR. Hernandez another good outing and Manuel made a terrible mistake by taking him out and PH with Berroa? :blink: Would have had better chances of Hernandez getting a hit then Berroa there with the bases loaded.

angel berroa - .125 avg in 40 at bats this year

livan hernandez - .135 avg in 37 at bats this year

...lol, yes believe it or not.. livan hernandez, even statistically, would have been a better choice.

edit: oh btw, looks like this guy should've been hung onto: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=29081 .. lights out for texas.

Edited by nmigliore

im telling you... if ollie keeps having terrible outings or even ones where he will give up 1-2 runs but go only 5 innings, there is no way he can be in next year's rotation. i dont care how much hes making. of course an option would be trading him, but come on, nobody is dumb enough to take on that contract.

well ollie got a huge break that inning... reynolds is a K-machine and the only reason that double play was turned was because chris snyder is so slow.. although on the other hand you could probably argue 2 of those hits were just because of castillo's range being weak and ollie too slow to cover 1B

at least he has 6 strikeouts through only 3 IP..

Edited by nmigliore

angel pagan = poor man's victorino

.295/.336/.459, 5 triples (in only 33 games and it leads the team), 1 HR, 12 RBI for Angel this year.

again, hes probably not a full time starter, but this guy has to stay around as the 4th OF'er over Reed next year.

Edited by nmigliore

What a game winning Grand Slam by Angel Pagan. Good win for the Mets and a sub par outing by Perez even though he did have 7 strikeouts. Still too many walks Perez is giving up and they turn into runs which kill him. Parnell with a terrible outing to blow the 2-run lead for Perez. Feliciano has just been amazing this season and another good relief outing last night.

That Mammouth blast by Reynolds I think would have cleared the Pepsi porch in the old Shea stadium and into the parking lot. Lol! Upton's HR almost hit the glass in LF in the 1st inning. Nice to see Pagan hit his first HR as a Met and his first since 7/15/07 when he was a Cubby.

Going to the Mets game today and it looks like it maybe rained out and probably being played tomorrow as a day/night DH with the 1st game maybe starting at 12:10 or 1:10 PM and the second game at the 7:10 PM start. Have not heard anything as of yet and may just take the ride over to Citi Field to see if it is going to be rained out...

Edited by SatansDevils

aha so thats why minaya gave perez a 3 year deal! not because of his pitching but because of his bat... hes hitting over .300 this year :lol:

Ollie slammed his bat down after grounding out earlier with men on, I was like who does this guy think he is, Zambrano or Mike Hampton with the bat? Evidently he felt he could hit Scherzer though, and he did later :clap:

Last-minute I decided to go - got a Caesars club ticket for about half price (just over $50 on a $90 face) on StubHub so figured what the heck. It got me into the Caesars club and Promenade club. The Promenade Club - eh big deal, that's just a small gathering place out of the sun. Nothing special about that, just a few Met-related posters.

The Caesars Club was much bigger, more seating, good view of the city and tennis center, a few more food and drink choices (unlike the Rock's club seats, you do have to pay normal price for the food). I walked around a lot though, and actually stood in the Pepsi porch for a couple half-innings. At least the clubs give you an option on a humid day like yesterday to be indoors with air conditioning with plenty of TV's.

Oh and I got one of those cute little Mets bears from the promo :P

some roster moves/notes:

-Robinson Cancel DFA'ed.

-Gary Sheffield activated.

-Nelson Figueroa will make the spot start on Monday, it won't be Redding (thankfully.. Figgy deserves a shot), however no corresponding roster move has been made yet.. I would assume they DFA Misch.

What I would do is DFA Misch and Redding, place Adam Bostick on the 40-man roster and then place him on the active roster; then after Figgy's start he could slot into Redding's role and Bostick could take Misch's spot.

Bostick is a lefty so he will give us another lefty (Misch is a lefty too but clearly Jerry doesn't like to use him in tight spots) .. as a reliever in AAA-Buffalo these are Bostick's numbers: 15 games, 21 IP, 10 hits, 2 ER (0.86 ERA), 12 BB/21 K .. lefties are hitting .238 vs him while righties are hitting just .143 .. plus we should try and make at least something out of that matt lindstrom trade :lol:

Edited by nmigliore

Misch optioned to AAA, Figueroa called up..

Pelf didn't pitch that bad today, I like the fact he threw hard again (even his slider was hard, around 87-88 mph).. unfortunately he just couldn't put away hitters it seemed and thus running up his pitch count too quickly. Rough day with the bat for Wright.. Francoeur with yet another HR; I like what Im seeing from him.. of course you would like to see him walk more, but hes actually better off being aggressive (I wrote about this a few pages ago and HERE, comparing his aggressiveness in 2007 and 2008)..

Edited by nmigliore

well so much for figueroa replacing livan in the rotation or becoming part of the mets' bullpen... :lol:

Enough with the Nelson Figueroas of the world. This guy sucks.