Clemmer?

mouse

If he sucks like you say answer me this who got us to where we are now?

THE TEAM. It's easy to win games in goal when the team is scoring 3+ a night. You a STH? Go use your free Gamecenter and rewatch the 4-3 ot win in Boston and the 6-5 win against the Sharks and tell me who won the games and how great Clemmer is. You could also watch the

8-5 game against the Rangers *where Lundqvist outplayed him*, but you should remember that.

Clemmer had two really good games. The first game at MSG and the shutout against Boston, and even in that one he had a horseshoe up his ass. Marty has played more really good games in his return than Clemmer did the entire time, and at the end, Clemmer was easily getting outplayed by Weekes, and if there was no Marty, probably would have lost his job to him.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the rate that hes been playing i doubt it

He's good don't me wrong, but we will wait and see till next season. This season has been an emotional one for Marty. He was off to a good start, got injured, missed 50 games, returned broke an NHL record and he has playoff pressure.

Hopefully he steps it up in the playoffs, but we also have to factor in the defense in front of him. Marty can't stop EVERYTHING that is shot at him.

Next season i would like to see Clemmer as the backup for Marty. I like Kevin Weekes. When Marty was hurt and he started he proved he can do the task. but Clemmer in my opinion is the better goaltender.

except the team has learned to depend on Marty and if he's allowing horrible goals at badly timing goals like 3 out of 4 tonight then clemmer should be in

And they continue to depend on him when he gives up 4+ goals a game. When Weekes was in the other night I saw a lot more defensive effort.

THE TEAM. It's easy to win games in goal when the team is scoring 3+ a night. You a STH? Go use your free Gamecenter and rewatch the 4-3 ot win in Boston and the 6-5 win against the Sharks and tell me who won the games and how great Clemmer is. You could also watch the

8-5 game against the Rangers *where Lundqvist outplayed him*, but you should remember that.

Clemmer had two really good games. The first game at MSG and the shutout against Boston, and even in that one he had a horseshoe up his ass. Marty has played more really good games in his return than Clemmer did the entire time, and at the end, Clemmer was easily getting outplayed by Weekes, and if there was no Marty, probably would have lost his job to him.

Exactly the team with out marty we played some of the best games we have ever had. Every goalie has a couple of off games no one perfect and as far as weekes and Clemm how many games did each play when marty was gone? and yet they had pretty much the same record. that shows whos tel better goalie and marty ever since he broke that record he has been playing lazy all the diving plays that he would normally make he doesnt even try for anymore.

I am just surprised about all the Marty hate on this thread. Really, this whole Marty not caring about the team because he has the record is nonsense in my opinion. Was he not as sharp in this game and during the losing streak? Yes. But to think that the guy has turned his back on the team because he got the record is just ludicrous. He is still getting his game back. Remember kids, this is the same Marty that is used to playing 70+ games a season...he has played what...29 games this season. I still have faith in him. Perhaps I am one of the few.

Edited by britoon

Anyone who says Clemmer got us where we are right now is a TARD. Period.

True. Like i said in a previous post, Marty has had an off season and a emotional one. but Clemmer has shown a lot this season and right now, Clemmer is who most people want to see.

I am just surprised about all the Marty hate on this thread. Really, this whole Marty not caring about the team because he has the record is nonsense in my opinion. Was he not as sharp in this game and during the losing streak? Yes. To think that the guy has turned his back on the team because he got the record is just ludicrous.

i dont think anyone is really saying that

Exactly the team with out marty we played some of the best games we have ever had. Every goalie has a couple of off games no one perfect and as far as weekes and Clemm how many games did each play when marty was gone? and yet they had pretty much the same record. that shows whos tel better goalie and marty ever since he broke that record he has been playing lazy all the diving plays that he would normally make he doesnt even try for anymore.

I'm done with you. I'm not even conviced you can read. Sure as fvck can't read for comprehension.

True. Like i said in a previous post, Marty has had an off season and a emotional one. but Clemmer has shown a lot this season and right now, Clemmer is who most people want to see.

And I'm SURE you can't read, because all you had to do is read one sentence.

i dont think anyone is really saying that

you really think Marty gives a sh!t about the team

he got 552. He doesn't need the Devils anymore

I read those in YOUR post...sound familiar?

Edited by britoon

you really think Marty gives a sh!t about the team? Clemmer has something called WORK ETHIC. Marty got his cups, he got his vezinas, he got 552. He doesn't need the Devils anymore, he could retire if he wanted to. This season, this team plays better with Clemmer.

Retard?

Wow, our goalie falls into a slump and now he doesn't "give a sh!t" about the team anymore? and has no work ethic? If he had no work ethic he wouldn't have been in the great shape he was when he came back and we lit up teams for a good run. Now he's in a slump, as players often get into. It has nothing to do with work ethic.

Wow, our goalie falls into a slump and now he doesn't "give a sh!t" about the team anymore? and has no work ethic? If he had no work ethic he wouldn't have been in the great shape he was when he came back and we lit up teams for a good run. Now he's in a slump, as players often get into. It has nothing to do with work ethic.

This is true but people (including myself) are getting nervous over this slump because it is so close to playoff time. if this happened mid-season I'm sure not many people would be saying much about it.

And I have to agree with maxpower on this - I even noticed it mostly during our run with Clemm... he really isn't that good. He's very slow... slow to react to things... gives up way too many rebounds. Slow moving from side to side. Just a very unorthodox style. Basically whenever the other team had it in our zone I would get nervous.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and wish him the best of luck after this season, but does anyone really think he has what it takes to lead a team to the Stanley Cup? No... he really doesn't. He had the benefit of a good team around him and a little bit of luck to make him look better then he really is.

This is true but people (including myself) are getting nervous over this slump because it is so close to playoff time. if this happened mid-season I'm sure not many people would be saying much about it.

People being concerned about the slump is normal, and I am too. To voice your concerns is normal as well. But to say that the face of this franchise for more then a decade "DOESN'T GIVE A SH!T!!!!!!1111111111111" and has "NO WORK ETHIC" because he achieved a record is just ridiculous.

And I have to agree with maxpower on this - I even noticed it mostly during our run with Clemm... he really isn't that good. He's very slow... slow to react to things... gives up way too many rebounds. Slow moving from side to side. Just a very unorthodox style. Basically whenever the other team had it in our zone I would get nervous.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and wish him the best of luck after this season, but does anyone really think he has what it takes to lead a team to the Stanley Cup? No... he really doesn't. He had the benefit of a good team around him and a little bit of luck to make him look better then he really is.

i believe that he can cuz when he was in net our offence and defence were at our best. im not saying hes the best.

Edited by Hellz Maddog

Clemmer got us there because he didn't allowed 3 goals on 5 shots.But also because when Clemmer is in the net the team know they can't do the lets watch Marty make the saves for us and when we can score we will try something and if it don't work no panic Marty is there.Still Clemmer is not even close to be the guy for us in the playoffs because everybody know its Marty the men but right now the whole team sucks terribly.

Edited by SS-SS

i believe that he can cuz when he was in net our offence and defence were at our best.

The reason was the team was playing out of their minds because they were nervous without Brodeur to bail them out. You really want to go against Marty, a HOFer and perhaps the best goaltender that ever played, for a goalie that had 1 decent season (the first time where he played more than 15 games for us) for the playoff stretch?

Wow...just wow.

Edited by britoon