Johnny Oduya and Mike Rupp are signing at:

Poitin Still

774 Main St

Hackensack,

New Jersey

(201) 487-0660

Fri 4/10/09

7:00 thru 9:00

I have no idea on costs and from what I have heard this place doesn't really inform their staff that there is a player event at their site but maybe if you are in the neighborhood it is worth a trip.

Any idea if this is AM or PM?

PM.

My wife and I, along with my buddy, will be there. We will be sitting at the table with the huge replica Chocolate Stanley Cup that a co-worker of my father brings. She brought it to the Clarkson/Zajac signing. Stop by the table. SHould be fun!

PM.

My wife and I, along with my buddy, will be there. We will be sitting at the table with the huge replica Chocolate Stanley Cup that a co-worker of my father brings. She brought it to the Clarkson/Zajac signing. Stop by the table. SHould be fun!

Sitting at the table? Does that mean you are affiliated with this event?

Will it cost anything to get an autograph? What if I just want a picture taken with them?

Sitting at the table? Does that mean you are affiliated with this event?

Will it cost anything to get an autograph? What if I just want a picture taken with them?

No not affiliated with the event. A bunch of Devils fans I know are making a reservation at 6 to eat. We get a large table, chocolate Stanley Cup, and just drink and eat. the food is pretty good there. When you make a reservation to eat, they get you right up to meet them. I guess the resturant is happy you are spending money on them too so they get you up front pretty quick.

Yes it does cost for autos. Pictures with them are free.

Here is the breakdown from Dagoon44 (Hfboards, who works at the Pointin Still).

-Pucks $20

-8x10 $15 or both players for $20 (great deal)

-11x14 $25

-Mini helmets $30

Edited by Souray44

No not affiliated with the event. A bunch of Devils fans I know are making a reservation at 6 to eat. We get a large table, chocolate Stanley Cup, and just drink and eat. the food is pretty good there. When you make a reservation to eat, they get you right up to meet them. I guess the resturant is happy you are spending money on them too so they get you up front pretty quick.

Yes it does cost for autos. Pictures with them are free.

Here is the breakdown from Dagoon44 (Hfboards, who works at the Pointin Still).

-Pucks $20

-8x10 $15 or both players for $20 (great deal)

-11x14 $25

-Mini helmets $30

Cool, thanks. I ate their once. This might be a good excuse to do it again!

Well so much for that. I just wanted to take a photo with those guys, but the dude that was running it told me I had to buy a ticket. I wasn't intending to buy anything, so I said you've got to be kidding me. Turns out I stood in line for nothing. I had my wife, eight-month-old son, 11-year-old nephew, and sister-in-law with me. What a freaking bummer.

Just a few years ago, I went and got Langenbrunner's autograph and had my picture taken with him at a local supermarket; and the next year, I got Madden's autograph and had my picture taken with him at a car dealership -- and both times it was free.

When did this paying-for-autographs-and-having-a-picture-taken bullsh!t start?

Oh well, I guess it wasn't a total loss. While standing in line, my next-door neighbor from when I was a kid came up to me and said hello. I hadn't seen her in over 20 years. So that was cool.

Well so much for that. I just wanted to take a photo with those guys, but the dude that was running it told me I had to buy a ticket. I wasn't intending to buy anything, so I said you've got to be kidding me. Turns out I stood in line for nothing. I had my wife, eight-month-old son, 11-year-old nephew, and sister-in-law with me. What a freaking bummer.

Just a few years ago, I went and got Langenbrunner's autograph and had my picture taken with him at a local supermarket; and the next year, I got Madden's autograph and had my picture taken with him at a car dealership -- and both times it was free.

When did this paying-for-autographs-and-having-a-picture-taken bullsh!t start?

Oh well, I guess it wasn't a total loss. While standing in line, my next-door neighbor from when I was a kid came up to me and said hello. I hadn't seen her in over 20 years. So that was cool.

Unfortunately, like everything else, autographs are now a big business. The bigger the star, the harder it will be to get free autographs. Pony up the $ and get a quality item signed....

Unfortunately, like everything else, autographs are now a big business. The bigger the star, the harder it will be to get free autographs. Pony up the $ and get a quality item signed....

I didn't even want their autograph. I was just hoping to get them to take a picture with me and my family.

I didn't even want their autograph. I was just hoping to get them to take a picture with me and my family.

Crash, I'm not sure where you got that someone could just walk in, get a pic taken for free and walk out. That wasn't the purpose behind the event. If you paid for an auto ticket, then you could have gotten your pic taken with the players if you wanted. This was not a free event nor was it advertised as one.

It would be like all of us that stood in line at Clarkson's signing at @ Livingston Mall to say "no thanks...don't want his auto, don't want to pay for it, just want a pic with him". All pay signings are exactly what they are....pay signings.

It seems like it's just frustration about having to pay for something that you feel should be free in your opinion or based on past events you attended.

Edited by SJP20

I'm not sure where you got that you could just walk in, get a pic taken for free and walk out. That wasn't the purpose behind the event. If you paid for an auto ticket, then you could have gotten your pic taken with the players if you wanted. This was not a free event nor was it advertised as one.

It would be like all of us that stood in line at Clarkson's signing at @ Livingston Mall to say "no thanks...don't want his auto, don't want to pay for it, just want a pic with him". It just wasn't set up to work that way.

I'm just confused as to why you're so upset when 99.99% of everyone that's ever been to Poitin for an auto event understood and never had a complaint. It seems like it's just frustration about having to pay for something that you feel should be free in your own opinion.

Well, it wasn't advertised as a pay event.

I don't know how many of these events Poitin Still has held, although I know a couple of Rangers players visited there earlier this past season. But when Clemmensen was supposed to be there a month or two ago (before it was canceled because he was sent down to Lowell), I had asked one of the employees if there was going to be a charge, and he told me only if I bought a photo while there for him to sign. He even said that Clemmer would most likely sign anything that I brought with me. He never mentioned that I would have to pay a fee just to walk up to see him.

Then when this event came about, I asked on here if it cost anything to get a photo taken with them and someone on this board told me pictures with them are free.

Again, no one mentioned having to buy tickets just to go up to them.

Do I feel that it should be free? Perhaps. However I did understand beforehand that some of these events are pay events. And that is why I tried to find out beforehand if this particular event was strictly a pay event.

Like I said in a previous post, I've gone to advertised events at car dealerships and supermarkets and gotten Devils players' autographs and had my picture taken with them -- with my camera, of course -- for free. So I would imagine that those venues felt they were getting something out of the deal just by having those players appear there. That was only three or four years ago.

I'm not up on autograph signing appearances these days, so I guess things are different now.

Am I/was I a little frustrated about it? Yes, but not solely because I believe these things should be free, but just as much because they were very unclear as to whether there would be a fee just to walk up to see the players.

DEVILS-ScottClemmensenPosterPoitinS.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

None of those signs mention a fee.

But hey, you live and learn, I guess.

Well, it wasn't advertised as a pay event.

I don't know how many of these events Poitin Still has held, although I know a couple of Rangers players visited there earlier this past season. But when Clemmensen was supposed to be there a month or two ago (before it was canceled because he was sent down to Lowell), I had asked one of the employees if there was going to be a charge, and he told me only if I bought a photo while there for him to sign. He even said that Clemmer would most likely sign anything that I brought with me. He never mentioned that I would have to pay a fee just to walk up to see him.

Then when this event came about, I asked on here if it cost anything to get a photo taken with them and someone on this board told me pictures with them are free.

Again, no one mentioned having to buy tickets just to go up to them.

Do I feel that it should be free? Perhaps. However I did understand beforehand that some of these events are pay events. And that is why I tried to find out beforehand if this particular event was strictly a pay event.

Like I said in a previous post, I've gone to advertised events at car dealerships and supermarkets and gotten Devils players' autographs and had my picture taken with them -- with my camera, of course -- for free. So I would imagine that those venues felt they were getting something out of the deal just by having those players appear there. That was only three or four years ago.

I'm not up on autograph signing appearances these days, so I guess things are different now.

Am I/was I a little frustrated about it? Yes, but not solely because I believe these things should be free, but just as much because they were very unclear as to whether there would be a fee just to walk up to see the players.

DEVILS-ScottClemmensenPosterPoitinS.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

There is no cost stated which is bad on their part. Next time call and get details directly from a manager or authorized person and inquire on the cost of the signing. Then you will not be disappointed. Your best bet to meet players and NOT pay is after a game, but it is a crap shoot who will, when they will come out, and if any HAVE time to sign. Players have lives like us and if they are going to be somewhere to sign autographs then they are most likely: a)getting paid to sign so a fee will be attached to each autograph, b)money from the signing is going to their charity, c)they are their to raise awareness for another chairty and thus money spent on the autograph charge goes to that charity. No player in current times just goes somewhere to sign FREE autographs that I've ever heard of NHL or AHL. I could be wrong though. These guys have lives and as they saying goes, "my time is worth money". Put yourself in their shoes.

It was a pretty good deal though. 2 auto's for $20. Crash you'd prob couldn't even think of how much some of us has paid to meet Marty.

The Brodeur signing was a great price. So was Parise. A quick look on steiner.com would second that.

I've been collecting Devils auto's for over 20 years. Most have been free from SMA/Codey practices and Training Camps from 1987-2007 and from various other events. I've amassed hundreds of autos from those years inc. cards, pucks, sticks, programs, yearbooks, etc. So paying for a few here and there after all i got for free won't kill me. Training camps and practices are closed, so that kills adding anymore to my collection for the forseeable future and i'm not one to wait after games as i like certain things signed and in a certain way (i don't like rushed and sloppy sigs) and i can't lug on down to the Rock, like i could SMA, with sticks and lots of pucks.

The only ones i have ever paid for was my Brodeur items (7) with Steiner Sports LOAS/holos because i wanted a real sig, not his "fan" sig. That and Clarkson's a few weeks ago, only because my wife wanted to go, i know the owner and mgr of the store, and it looked like and it was a good time. Plus, it was only $10.

My advice, if someone wants free, the only choice you have right now is wait after a game with the crowds and in the cold at night, etc. and get what you get and be happy. If you want crisp, clean, unrushed sigs on certain items and the price is only $10 for Clarkson or $30 for Parise (even Brodeur's prices were good), then go for it and drop a few dollars you normally would on something else. You get to hang out in line with other fans, take a pic and have fun.

I see where you are coming from if you were a person just there to eat or walking by. The signs are vague and give you the impression to call ahead and take initiative for information. However, on two of the three posters, it does say "reservations".

To be fair, the owner personally advertised it on devilsrule.com and i think a few people here explained it would be a pay singing in this thread and broke it down and gave the # of the restaurant for any questions. I think if anyone read this thread, they'd be pretty informed as to what the deal was.

That's why i am kinda confused as to why you are upset. I'm not saying you're wrong about the signs, they really need to improve those, but all the info you needed was here or by calling the restaurant.

Edited by SJP20

Ahh, nevermind. I think I simply asked the wrong people about the pricing.

When I met Danyeko at Paramus Park Mall in 2003 after the Devs won the Cup, it was free. When I met Langenbrunner at Shop-Rite in Paramus in 2004 or 2005, it was free. When I met John Madden (and Coach Claude Julien, who happened to be there too) in 2005 or 2006, it was free.

I now see most of these events are no longer free -- even if you just want to shake their hand and snap a picture.

My bad.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Edited by 95Crash