2010 Winter Classic to be at Fenway

Devil Dan 56

i am shocked by this coming out - there were rumors all day about it which i gave no credence as Yankee officials had actually signed something weeks ago with the NHL regarding 2010 being at Yankee Stadium - of this I am sure.

don't know what happened between now and then although this tsn.ca report might be piggybacking all the rumors today. i see no source from the NHL on this.

Doubt it. They'll want to maximize ratings and by selecting a Canadian team, they lose the big potential ratings of a major US market. I'd bet the house it's the Rangers.

Yeah, I'm thinking they will play up the Yanks-Sox rivalry. Also, Bruins-Rangers is a possibility on the playoffs this year, which could also put a little more recent history into the game.

I doubt it will be a Canadian team since this whole Winter Classic deal seems to be a 'hey look at me' from the NHL to the USA.

Doubt it. They'll want to maximize ratings and by selecting a Canadian team, they lose the big potential ratings of a major US market. I'd bet the house it's the Rangers.

Not if you live in Boston. Front page of the Boston globe says most likely Montreal.

Thats the rivalry and thats what its been for so many years.

Not everyone has the same preoccupation with the Rangers that this board has.

Not if you live in Boston. Front page of the Boston globe says most likely Montreal.

Montreal would be better than NYR because that's just such an intense rivalry. I'd be surprised if it were the Rangers, actually.

Also, I think if the NHL were gonna have the Rangers in the Classic, it'd be in New York, just because...y'know, its New York.

Montreal would be better than NYR because that's just such an intense rivalry. I'd be surprised if it were the Rangers, actually.

Also, I think if the NHL were gonna have the Rangers in the Classic, it'd be in New York, just because...y'know, its New York.

<_<:puke::kill::fight::yucky::ECW:

I thought they liked the football stadiums better, as it handles more people.

its hard to do them at a football stadium. you gotta find out what team isnt playing and also its the beginning of the NFL playoffs. It takes weeks to make the rink paint and such. its alot easier if they do it at a baseball stadium because they can go by their own schedule.

Hey, I think it'd be great if they picked Montreal. But since the league is usually ultra-predictable in these situations, my guess is they will pick the Rangers. I hope I'm wrong.

Fenway would be the one park where it would probably work. The fans are so close to the field there, that vision won't be horrible.

I lived in Boston for two years - in the Fenway area. Gorgeous neighborhood, too. As a Phillies fan, I couldn't really bring myself to root for the Red Sox, but I have to admit that Fenway is just a darn cool place. I never got tired of seeing it every day. It's just one of those places. If the Bruins have to have the winter classic in Boston, I hope they'd do it in Fenway. I can't think of a better place (except maybe if the Charles River freezes over and they play on there)