Favorite Devils Playoff moments

RunninWithTheDevil

"MARSHALL! IN OVERTIME!"

I gotta say that game 7 win against the Sens in 2003 was the most vivid for me. Oh Jeff Friesen...you were good for such a brief period.

Edited by britoon

"MARSHALL! IN OVERTIME!"

I dont really have a favorite moment believe it or not .. most recently (past few years) it would have to be the Langs' OT goal vs Ottawa .. the Marshall game winner vs TB ranks up from the last Cup along with the Friesen goal vs Ottawa.. of course the Arnott goal was HUGE from 2000..

Edited by nmigliore

For me it was Steven's goal in the dying seconds vs Pitt in 1995. We had already lost game 1 and Pitt had just tied the game with a late goal to almost assuredly send the game to OI where we never win - they had all the momentum. And then Stevens decided there would be no OT. I am not sure we win that series if the game goes to OT.

1. Scott Stevens leveling Eric Lindros

2. Jason Arnott's overtime goal

3. Scott Stevens pointing to Dino Cicarelli and mouthing, "You're next!"

4. Final moments of the Devils/Red Wings game 4 in 1995

and

5. Marty's shutouts against Anaheim - which should have given him the Conn Smythe

1. Scott Stevens leveling Eric Lindros

2. Jason Arnott's overtime goal

3. Scott Stevens pointing to Dino Cicarelli and mouthing, "You're next!"

4. Final moments of the Devils/Red Wings game 4 in 1995

and

5. Marty's shutouts against Anaheim - which should have given him the Conn Smythe

Man, hard to argue those. #3 is a really good one that gets lost in the shuffle.

Besides the actual Cup wins themselves, Patty's goal in game 7 of the 2000 ECF against Philly. I've never jumped that high in my life. That series is my favorite series win after the the 3 Cup Finals. Coming back from down 3-1 against our bitter rivals, Scotty laying out Lindros... just awesome.

Besides the actual Cup wins themselves, Patty's goal in game 7 of the 2000 ECF against Philly. I've never jumped that high in my life. That series is my favorite series win after the the 3 Cup Finals. Coming back from down 3-1 against our bitter rivals, Scotty laying out Lindros... just awesome.

Me too. :dance:

--Claudes shot from the blueline to beat Hextall with just over a minute left to break their hearts

--The Elias goal in the waning minutes at the spectrum to break their hearts

--Marty jumping in the air after scoring against the habs

--The Devs shutting down the Boston Garden for good with a win

--Burkes save against LaFontaine after he skates the length of the ice in the final seconds

--Randy Mckays steal and score

--Mike Rupp sealing up the cup goal against Anaheim

--The look on Segei Brylins face after scoring in the final game against Anaheim

--P Elias wearing Sykoras jersey backwards during the celebration

--Mike Peluso crying on the bench

Good times.......

I forget which game it was.... i think it had to have been in NJ -- when Devils went up 3 games to 1 over Ottowa in 2003 - just Stevens smiled after a game and he had nothing on his mind but love of hockey -- and I guess winning. No agenda, no task - things were just playing out as they should with no meddling - no one carrying the team on their back making things happen. So the smile was just so clean -- after the debacle of 2001 and 2002 - like he surrendered to hockey and the team was just meeting with complete success - that was just memorable for me. I knew they were winning it all then... you just knew - and I knew he knew hands down then and there! :lol:

that whole game was great - so different from 2001! I just loved that -- ooh shee-it... THIS is knowing -- THIS is how it feels when it's just right and it's just happening - then you kind of feel it -- you dont KNOW it but that feeling -- that was SUCH a cool playoffs sooo cool!

You know -- I dont like work -- I dont enjoy fighting and anxiety. You know -- I'll step up and all but I dont enjoy being upset like that. at teh end of the day I'm never sure it's worth the winning -- I'm a big one for tears after major exertion -- I dont like having things on the line. 2003 was not effortless by any stretch but I never felt sick or really traumatically anxious. As I've aged I just can't be there in that place -- in life - and now it's spread into fandom even watching movies and stuff.. almost especially if there's artificial importance like in movies and games and stuff... I guess i'm getting old. :urg: