The Ironbound Trolley

DaneykoIsGod

Now that Newark is offering a free trolley to all Prudential Center ticket holders to and from this section of the city, it's time to explore the Ironbound.

For those unfamiliar with this trolley, NewarkDevil5 posted the news in Hell. The trolley's route map even includes a list of all of the restaurants near each stop. So, for those who have enjoyed exploring the eateries and drinkeries near the arena, now is our chance to check out what Newark's most famous neighborhood has to offer.

Who knows their way around the Ironbound and has any suggestions/reviews to offer?

Personally, I've only been to Boi Na Brasa and can say that the rodizio is amazing. Skewer after skewer of meat brought straight to your table until you wave a white flag. They bring you everything from pork to sausage to chicken hearts to bull hump. The top sirlion was absolutely incredible. If you want to stay away from the crazier selections (like the chicken hearts and bull hump), get the Sirlion Rodizio. If you're feeling adventurous, get the BBQ Rodizio.

The Chico eats thing is sort of BS, they only want to do restaurants that are sponsors so they rob the small businesses that make places like the Ironbound special. Either way there are some must for first time tourist in the Ironbound.

1. Fernandez
  2. Adega
  3. Vivo
  4. Boi Na Brasa
  5. Alta Hora (especially after the game and a few drinks)
  6. Any of the BBQ joints along the stretch (there are seriously countless places)

This is a fun starter list then you have to break off the beaten path (ie Ferry) and you can get some of the local places like Casa Vasca, Campino, Krugs, Spanish Sangria...

Oh if your at Fernandez order the Steak on a tile (14 oz Filet Mignon cooked on a Spanish tile in front of you), At Alta Hora order their name sandwhich and you will be full for days.

The Chico eats thing is sort of BS, they only want to do restaurants that are sponsors so they rob the small businesses that make places like the Ironbound special. Either way there are some must for first time tourist in the Ironbound.

1. Fernandez
  2. Adega
  3. Vivo
  4. Boi Na Brasa
  5. Alta Hora (especially after the game and a few drinks)
  6. Any of the BBQ joints along the stretch (there are seriously countless places)

This is a fun starter list then you have to break off the beaten path (ie Ferry) and you can get some of the local places like Casa Vasca, Campino, Krugs, Spanish Sangria...

Oh if your at Fernandez order the Steak on a tile (14 oz Filet Mignon cooked on a Spanish tile in front of you), At Alta Hora order their name sandwhich and you will be full for days.

Not to be a a$$hole but the correct is " Altas Horas" just in case someone wants to google it. Altas Horas usually translates to " Late in night".

Tha sanduiche you just cited is wicked, another one shoud be good is the "Da Casa" Peeled chicken breast mixed with brazilian creamy chesse and potatoes sticks, to make a kind o "hamburguer".

I went to Boi Na Brasa on Wednesday, it was great, and is BYOB, I highly recommend it if you have the time.

I went to Mi Pequno Mexico, which is two blocks up from Forno's on Ferry st and it was quick and very good, I would highly recommend it if you don't have time and just want to grab a quick bite. The steak burrito platter was $10 and included rice, beans, and a little salad w/o dressing, they also had really good chips and salsa there.

I've been to Forno's many times and I like it, but before a Devils game it always takes too long to eat there and it's always quite expensive, but they let you park in their lot and stay there when you go to the game, which is very nice.

Did anyone take the trolley, on Friday I saw it and it was empty?

Made my first trip to Hobbys deli before game # 5.Absolutely outstanding ! delicous food,extremely freindly staff and some nice devlis touches including a hockey themed menu. I understand Brent Sutters pre game ritual includes an open face meatball sandwich from Hobbys. Cant wait to head back. Just a 2 block walk from the rock.Forget the trendy spots,do yourself a favor and try some old school.

Also not to be missed are the 2 menswear stores accross the street, one of which features the "Steve Harvey line" , somewhere Don Cherry is smiling.