Look at Stubhub!

'7'

I know game 1 is a Wednesday and the Hurricanes are not a very sexy opponent, but you've got a fair amount of 30-40 dollar seats in the lower deck that are just there for the taking. Less than there were this morning, but I'm wondering what happened here...did a whole bunch of Ranger fans buy them up when it looked like Devils-Rangers might happen, or folks trying to make a profit on a more intriguing matchup and now trying to get rid of them as fast as possible?

There are whole blocks available! Up to 12, 18, 20(!!!)

http://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-devils-p...15-2009-799878/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know game 1 is a Wednesday and the Hurricanes are not a very sexy opponent, but you've got a fair amount of 30-40 dollar seats in the lower deck that are just there for the taking. Less than there were this morning, but I'm wondering what happened here...did a whole bunch of Ranger fans buy them up when it looked like Devils-Rangers might happen, or folks trying to make a profit on a more intriguing matchup and now trying to get rid of them as fast as possible?

Crazy, but it allowed me to get a chance to go. I purchased 4 in sec 15 for 24.99 a piece this afternoon. They have a 60 dollar face value. I downloaed then and have them now. My kids and I are pumped for our first trip to the Rock!!!

Yeah, this is brutal. This is the first year I did full playoff strips, and I did so knowing I wouldn't make all the games and would have to sell some. I thought I could at least get around what I paid for mine, and there's no chance in hell. I might just show up tomorrow when my class is over, even if it is halfway through the second period by the time I get there, just to use the tickets. Lord knows I'm not making any money or even breaking even at this point.

Geez, there really is no point in having season tickets other than having the same seat every game and having guaranteed finals tickets if they ever make it.

I get this feeling more and more and more every time an invoice comes in :P

Well nobody's ever going to make money on StubHub unless you somehow have the cheapest tickets in the building or are content to sell off seats for the last few rounds of the playoffs.

One of the things about the Frozen Over deals though, next year they do at least offer a lot of extras for season tickets. More than I can say for what the Mets and Yankees do. The Mets don't even offer any sort of discount to the sth's and other than the guaranteed playoff tickets (which usually are worthless paper) there really is no reason to be a Met sth.

At least the Devils do certain things, give you discounts on your seats. And there are games during the season you'd have to overpay to a degree to get - Ranger games, Flyer games, most weekend matchups. It's the weekday games against Toronto and Tampa Bay that get bombarded with the discounts.

Besides, if the first round was against the Flyers or Penguins nobody would be complaining that there isn't an advantage to being an sth.

Edited by NJDevs26

You could probably save yourself a ton of money if you always bought tickets on stubhub, at least with the Devils.

I know and am starting to agree with this

but I get to sit in the same place for more then anyone else this way :rolleyes:

:blink::blink:

the Devils got hustled on the STH 8 game strip sales, big time. You could buy extras. Apparently, some people (um, I mean businesses)

bought alot of seats downstairs at $49 a game. Which explains the firesale. The funny thing, if the Devils make the cup finals, on those downstairs seats, the "owners" of the seats will make all the money and the Devils will make $49-70. Our office is so stupid that you can't even make this stuff up.

they got taken hard.

the Devils got hustled on the STH 8 game strip sales, big time. You could buy extras. Apparently, some people (um, I mean businesses)

bought alot of seats downstairs at $49 a game. Which explains the firesale. The funny thing, if the Devils make the cup finals, on those downstairs seats, the "owners" of the seats will make all the money and the Devils will make $49-70. Our office is so stupid that you can't even make this stuff up.

they got taken hard.

How did the Devils get hustled?? If anything the people who bought the 8 game strips got hustled.

Cool, center upper deck ($50 a piece on ticketfvckyoumaster) for $19.

By the way, what is a "Last Minute Service"? The FAQ says I don't need to take the option but it won't let me select or not select it.

I called and asked about that and the guy told me it was just some crap charge they have because you bought them last minute. It's some sort of electronic handling charge so this way they can email the tickets. I told him it was BS and if it's being emailed I shouldn't have to pay handling. According to the FAQ it says it's for if you had to pick them up from like will call or a kiosk etc.

I told him it was BS and if it's being emailed I shouldn't have to pay handling. According to the FAQ it says it's for if you had to pick them up from like will call or a kiosk etc.

That's exactly what I saw on their website. We'll see how this goes on the phone...

How did the Devils get hustled?? If anything the people who bought the 8 game strips got hustled.

because there's a couple of thousand of these that have been out in circulation? If they play 3rd round and finals and such, the Devils get regular season STH price for the seats instead of whatever markup they'd go for (and get). the scalpers reap the rewards.

I'm not even sure if attendance is going to be 13K or 17K tomorrow because there's so many of these tickets out on stubhub at dirt cheap prices. Entire rows.

maxpower, wouldn't it be friggen awesome if we got a sellout and had maybe 13,000 in the place. Knowing that at least a few rag fans are paying Zach's salary by buying tix expecting a devils rags series.

they're not going to have a sellout. I don't know if they will for the first two rounds. the problem is that the same seats are being sold twice and the seats that are left over where there's no STH's or strips sold (like the $65 seats and some of the seats in the balcony) the price point is too high for anyone to actually buy them when say, 700-800 lower bowl seats go out in Stubhub under face. they're going to lose alot of money because of this.

I think they could sell 18-19K tickets tomorrow counting the ones that were sold twice. and have 14K for the attendance. they compounded their own problems with some of the ticket prices being set too high.

on a general ticket note. 4 tickets in a row can be had in row 1, section 101. thats embarassing. there will be 16 000, my guess anyway

no one is going to buy them until the stubhub seats are gone. that's the point I'm making above.

they're not going to have a sellout. I don't know if they will for the first two rounds. the problem is that the same seats are being sold twice and the seats that are left over where there's no STH's or strips sold (like the $65 seats and some of the seats in the balcony) the price point is too high for anyone to actually buy them when say, 700-800 lower bowl seats go out in Stubhub under face. they're going to lose alot of money because of this.

I think they could sell 18-19K tickets tomorrow counting the ones that were sold twice. and have 14K for the attendance. they compounded their own problems with some of the ticket prices being set too high.

no one is going to buy them until the stubhub seats are gone. that's the point I'm making above.

I totally agree. I would say certain seats seem to be too expensive when comparing whatever seats to StubHub. However I will take the side that Devils tickets are middle of the pack when it comes to affordability amongst playoff teams.

I totally agree. I would say certain seats seem to be too expensive when comparing whatever seats to StubHub. However I will take the side that Devils tickets are middle of the pack when it comes to affordability amongst playoff teams.

it's not that they're too high on their own, they're too high when STH price lowers are going out slightly under face. they really got gamed hard.

I mean, do you buy $65 of whatever they're selling up in the balcony, or $35 for some 16-17 rows behind the net downstairs? Two $100 balconies? There's been packs of clubs going out for around that. Same view, lower level, with food. Even though there's none of those now, you could get 6 lowers for the price of two $100 uppers.

it's mindboggling. the best part is that they don't have control over their own seats in later rounds, so if the demand is there, they aren't going to be able to turn a big profit on many of those uppers (and I'm still baffled how the brokers got them in strips when normal people couldn't) and behind the net lowers. They'll get STH regular season price.

Man, if I were Jeff, the firings would begin now... and it's worse for us because Lou is going to be in his ear saying "I told you so" about the discounts.