GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 3 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why the positive people have to be so gung-ho angry at us 'negative' ones. Let's face it we had no reason to think this time would be any different, especially after the last five minutes of regulation.

Yes we did. Only silly people who thought past OT records and past playoff matchup records were vital would think the game was over.

Edit: I forgot momentum being important too.

Edited by Devils731

Great hussle by Parise, the move was started by Colin White who muffed it on his first pass.

That has got to be such a psychological boost to the guys. Now they'll have confidence for game four.

It was imperative we win this game, we HAD to get the split back, what's more, we have a chance to take 2 in the hog-pound. All this without the Captain, what heart the guys showed.

Looking back, man it's a good job the Canes didn't get the lead, that would have been tough. But we'll never know.

On to game 4. Now WE have to initiative.

Yes we did. Only silly people who thought past OT records and past playoff matchup records were vital would think the game was over.

Oh like the Mets hitting around Jeff Suppan today? Oops that didn't happen. Past performances do become self-fulfilling prophecies, these guys don't live in a total bubble. They had to overcome that and they did.

great game and its very satisfying....all around great effort. Brodeur played great, the D played great (well Havlid was a little shaky at times)..and Zajac and Parise continue to paly outstanding hockey. Only downside is Holik didn't prove himself tonight as he did not play great.

I was at the Rock for the OT loss in Game 2 and after the goal it was dead silent and we were so dejected.

Cut to today's OT goal... after I did my screaming I got a huge smile on my face knowing the Canes fans felt the same today. F the Canes.

The Canes are the new Rangers. HURR-a-Canes SUCK

Scoops

great game and its very satisfying....all around great effort. Brodeur played great, the D played great (well Havlid was a little shaky at times)..and Zajac and Parise continue to paly outstanding hockey. Only downside is Holik didn't prove himself tonight as he did not play great.

Zubrus wasn't so great either. But when is he ever?

Edited by 95Crash

Oh like the Mets hitting around Jeff Suppan today? Oops that didn't happen. Past performances do become self-fulfilling prophecies, these guys don't live in a total bubble. They had to overcome that and they did.

I don't remember commenting on that at all. But feel free to disprove predictions I don't make. :lol:

All these multiple past performances piled on top of each other, it's amazing the Devils won, they must have been like a 5% chance of winning.

some thoughts -

devils have to stop going for tip plays. i understand they are working but i don't think an offense can function on tip plays alone. chico made a good point - you cannot go for that play a majority of the time, its success depends on surprise. the devils had a similar scenario with elias a few years back where they kept trying to work it in to him for him to tip it - teams cottoned to it quickly.

elias does not look like himself out there. the good news is that gionta looks excellent.

VERY interesting what the canes are doing re: line matching. they want brind'amour against madden and staal against zubrus. i think the b'a against madden is a brilliant stratagem on maurice's part, as it's an acknowledgement that brind'amour can't hack it these days. staal against zubrus is funny because that's what i would've wanted coming into the series.

4th line had some dominant shifts.

in short, i think the devils have a not-insignificant edge at even strength, and they've got to look to keep the series there as much as possible. the stupid penalties have to go - zubrus, holik, and white have to quit it (although that call on zubrus was bullsh!t, eric staal is such a bitch).

I don't get why the positive people have to be so gung-ho angry at us 'negative' ones. Let's face it we had no reason to think this time would be any different, especially after the last five minutes of regulation.

I love that I was wrong...but instead of ripping each other we should all just be happy that they finally ripped the Canes' hearts out for a change! :clap: And now that they finally proved they could rip the Canes' hearts out that'll make it a bit easier mentally for the players and the fans going foward.

OMG I missed that, I was just so damn happy and relieved I didn't even hear the call :lol: At least we get Doc the next couple games.

Yeah,and If Carolina won we would hear from you ney sayer's.Support the team no matter what!!!

Edited by hit the post

I don't remember commenting on that at all. But feel free to disprove predictions I don't make. :lol:

I wasn't saying it to disprove anything except that the mental aspect of the game does matter. You seem to think it doesn't and these guys are total robots that live in a bubble.

Edited by Hasan4978

Women throw in the towel,men stick it out.

No misogyny there. Nope. None whatsoever.

I missed Game 1 because my cable provider didn't have it. Devils win.

I watched each and every second of Game 2. Devils lost.

So I watched some old X-files shows on DVD while refreshing the GDT every 5 seconds. Devils win.

I need some more X-files DVDs I guess.....

Edited by Don

I wasn't saying it to disprove anything except that the mental aspect of the game does matter. You seem to think it doesn't and these guys are total robots.

It matters way less than almost all other factors...there just isn't proof of it and if it mattered greatly it would show itself in the numbers.

Edit: I think you're being selective, things that reinforce your pre-existing belief are given more weight than ones that go against it. It's a well documents trait. Kind of like the "clutch" baseball players since we're talking baseball as well.

Edited by Devils731

No misogyny there. Nope. None whatsoever.

I missed Game 1 because my cable provider didn't have it. Devils win.

I watched each and every second of Game 2. Devils lost.

So I watched some old X-files shows on DVD while refreshing the GDT every 5 seconds. Devils win.

I need some more X-files DVDs I guess.....

None of the women I know throw in the towel, men actually started the throwing towel tradition. LETS GO DEVILS!

I wasn't saying it to disprove anything except that the mental aspect of the game does matter. You seem to think it doesn't and these guys are total robots.

the point is that the mets not hitting jeff suppan doesn't prove anything today. you can't ascribe the mets not hitting jeff suppan to past failures against him, just as you can't ascribe past playoff failures in carolina to a lack of confidence (nor can you do the reverse). do these things matter? sure they do, a little bit. but think of it in terms of probability - what % of the time do you think the devils win this game in OT? i'm not at all hesitant to say it was something around 50%. that's not to say i wasn't incredibly nervous the whole time, because of course i was.