GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 3 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

That's a big FUUUUUUU for all the Devils fans who said they can't win in OT, in CAR, or after losing last game!

Can't Agree more,It's one thing to be worried about the overtime,it's another story to say they can't win.No real Devil's fan would say it was over. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't Agree more,It's one thing to be worried about the overtime,it's another story to say they can't win.No real Devil's fan would say it was over. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

So I guess I was the ONLY Devils fan that was dreading this game going to OT? The numbers don't lie...they can be wrong occasionally.

I was so glad they were wrong tonight.

It matters way less than almost all other factors...there just isn't proof of it and if it mattered greatly it would show itself in the numbers.

Edit: I think you're being selective, things that reinforce your pre-existing belief are given more weight than ones that go against it. It's a well documents trait. Kind of like the "clutch" baseball players since we're talking baseball as well.

Hindsight bias or confirmation bias 731, either one fits. Maturity cures it usually.

The part where that had something to do with tonight's OT.

Well I am a "Hope for the best, but expect the worst" kinda guy. Forgive me for being a realist.

Also...did you miss the part where I was HAPPY WE WON?

Devils need to already be thinking about game 4. First 10 minutes--JUMP ON THEIR DEJECTED ASSES. Score 2 quick ones and they'll disappear like a condom salesman in a convent.

No luck here. The better team won tonight.. and will win this series. 11 periods including 2 OT's. Devils have won 8 of them (I'll give Carolina period 3 in game 2 and game 3 and obviously the OT winner in game 2).

As for Carolina fans....there's always Jeff Gordon to root for. Your hockey season is on life support. Not cocky. Confident.

GO DEVILS!

Well I am a "Hope for the best, but expect the worst" kinda guy. Forgive me for being a realist.

But that's not being a realist, it's being a pessimist in believing OT games from years ago were going to affect tonight.

I didn't say you weren't happy the Devils won, I was commenting on the Devils should have lost tonight's game because of their OT record in the past. I'm only extra picky on it today because it felt like a page and a half were written here by people explaining how the Devils couldn't win due to factors like that.

Pessimism isnt aloud hush up :rolleyes:

Some people just take this way to seroiusly dont let it get to you. But saying they couldnt win vs not expecting them to win are two really different things which some just dont understand.

Edited by njdevils783

So proud of this team tonight. They answered the call. They played well without Jamie and I am very happy for Travis to finally get a goal. Oduya looked awesome! Just total elation.

Tomorrow with be a cold, rainy day here in NJ but we can all have a smile on our faces!!!

Yes we did. Only silly people who thought past OT records and past playoff matchup records were vital would think the game was over.

Edit: I forgot momentum being important too.

Has is being nice. Dude just cut the crap out.

Was your first thought after the Devils won to post on this board and give a big FU to everyone who was worried going into Carolina? People are human. They look at 5 OT losses. They look at how badly the Devils as a team have done in OT. They look out how badly the team played in OT last game.

To call anyone silly because they thought about all those losses is ridiculous. It certainly isn't silly because that is how most sports fans think. Perhaps there is more to those OT records than just wins and losses. Perhaps different mindsets between the players, how players do under pressure.

Honestly we won and let us be happy. No reason to go after fans who were a bit down. And for the record I don't think anyone said we couldn't win in Carolina or it couldn't happen.

By the way....TRAVIS ZAJAC. TRAVIS fvckING ZAJAC!!!

Edited by devilsrule33

Pessimism isnt aloud hush up :rolleyes:

Some people just take this way to seroiusly dont let it get to you. But saying they couldnt win vs not expecting them to win are two really different things which some just dont understand.

My wife said the same thing...this game was just another opportunity for her to hear "you were right honey" :whistling: