GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 3 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

Has is being nice,. Dude just cut the crap out.

Was your first thought after the Devils won to post on this board and give a big FU to everyone who was worried going into Carolina? People are human. They look at 5 OT losses. They look at how badly the Devils as a team have done in OT. They look out how badly the team played in OT last game.

To call anyone silly because they thought about all those losses is ridiculous. It certainly isn't silly because that is how most sports fans think. Perhaps there is more to those OT records than just wins and losses. Perhaps different mindsets between the players, how players do under pressure.

I didn't call anyone out specifically. That would have been going through and picking out the seemingly 4 or 5 people who posted the Devils were sure to lose.

Has just as much called me out when he complained people thought the "we're going to lose" posts were way over the top. I can't respond to those with an FU for thinking the Devils would lose when they didn't but they can feel free to clog up the board with their omniscient predictions of doom?

So if most sports fans are silly then I can't say it? Apparently my opinion on it is wrong but arguing the opinion the other way is fine.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't call anyone out specifically. That would have been going through and picking out the seemingly 4 or 5 people who posted the Devils were sure to lose.

Has just as much called me out when he complained people thought the "we're going to lose" posts were way over the top. I can't respond to those with an FU for thinking the Devils would lose when they didn't but they can feel free to clog up the board with their omniscient predictions of doom?

So if most sports fans are silly then I can't say it? Apparently my opinion on it is wrong but arguing the opinion the other way is fine.

Sorry think it...whatever. I'll agree to disagree.

Devils need to already be thinking about game 4. First 10 minutes--JUMP ON THEIR DEJECTED ASSES. Score 2 quick ones and they'll disappear like a condom salesman in a convent.

No luck here. The better team won tonight.. and will win this series. 11 periods including 2 OT's. Devils have won 8 of them (I'll give Carolina period 3 in game 2 and game 3 and obviously the OT winner in game 2).

As for Carolina fans....there's always Jeff Gordon to root for. Your hockey season is on life support. Not cocky. Confident.

GO DEVILS!

:rofl: LMFAO!!!!! I hear ya though man- we gotta have the killer instinct!! Let's not be satisfied. I wanna close 'em out on Thursday.

It's about supporting the team no matter what,Who care's about the number's.Did the number's help Carolina tonight?

Edited by hit the post

Finally a win in OT in Carolina! :koolaid:

Nice to see Zajac get the GWG in OT as his confidence will be high now for Game 4. Nice goals by parise and Gionta as well in this game. Devils still need to improve on the PP and the PK almost gave up another one tonight. devils can get that PP going theis series will be theirs a lot sooner. Good game tonight by Rolston who did very well on the Parise-Zajac line.

Devils got the home ice back now and it would be a huge bonus if they can win Game 4 on Tuesday night and then close out the series on home ice for Game 5 on Thursday. Devils need to keep it coming for Game 4 and get that 1st goal again and score on the PP.

It's about supporting the team no matter what,Who care's about the number's.Did the number's help Carolina tonight?To me it's all about suopport.

I'm a positive fan, in general, knowing that most teams are good enough where most situations are almost a coin flip on who will come out on top.

I'm going to say Zajac in OT.

Nice call! :koolaid: Zajac well deserved GWG in OT. They were saying he was due for a goal as the last time was 15-games ago on Brodeur's record night 3/17 was the last time Zajac scored. Good for him. Throw away all the OT losses as now that streak is over in Carolina (1-5). It had to happen sooner or later and sooner came tonight. I am so estatic right now that it will be hard to get some sleep tonight. LOL! I am already looking forward to Tuesday night's game 4 already. B )

I hope game 4 is not an overtime game,more of our fan we be saying it's over before it begin's.

I am so glad not to be in the GDT most of the time when the game is on, because the negativity here is brutal and ridiculious. :doh1: Not even going to bother to read all the pages with all the negativity. Some of you should just save yourselves and not bother with some in here with the negativity or the negative ones need to step away from their PC and go watch the game. That is not a good Devils fan thinking that way when it is a different game for pete's sake! Have and show some confidence for this Devils team and stay positive.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! Go get them in Game 4!

I am so glad not to be in the GDT most of the time when the game is on, because the negativity here is brutal and ridiculious. :doh1: Not even going to bother to read all the pages with all the negativity. Some of you should just save yourselves and not bother with some in here with the negativity or the negative ones need to step away from their PC and go watch the game. That is not a good Devils fan thinking that way when it is a different game for pete's sake! Have and show some confidence for this Devils team and stay positive.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! Go get them in Game 4!

Last i looked this is a message board where people are free to voice their opinions and thoughts for better or worse. I shake my head at alot of it, but hey what are you going to do? Ban them? Are they breaking any rules?

This thread enables people to blow off steam during the game by posting rants thoughts, opinions, etc. rather then kicking the dog and doing damage to their homes. It's like a group therapy. It helps to talk about it.

Some of you really need to put your egos and fanboy pride aside and respect other members opinions. It's stupid to call other fans out for this garbage. If you don't like it, be a grown man and move past it. Or you could add something to the discussion that's constructive and maybe help set the fans straight that are down instead of coming off as pompous and a hindsight bias cop.

Last i looked this is a message board where people are free to voice their opinions and thoughts for better or worse. I shake my head at alot of it, but hey what are you going to do? Ban them? Are they breaking any rules?

This thread enables people to blow off steam during the game by posting rants thoughts, opinions, etc. rather then kicking the dog and doing damage to their homes. It's like a group therapy. It helps to talk about it.

Some of you really need to put your egos and fanboy pride aside and respect other members opinions. It's stupid to call other fans out for this garbage. If you don't like it, be a grown man and move past it. Or you could add something to the discussion that's constructive and maybe help set the fans straight that are down instead of coming off as pompous and a hindsight bias cop.

The Devils beat the Canes in OT AND I agree with an unknown poster post? Must be a full moon.

Seriously though, well said!

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't get why the positive people have to be so gung-ho angry at us 'negative' ones. Let's face it we had no reason to think this time would be any different, especially after the last five minutes of regulation.

I love that I was wrong...but instead of ripping each other we should all just be happy that they finally ripped the Canes' hearts out for a change! :clap: And now that they finally proved they could rip the Canes' hearts out that'll make it a bit easier mentally for the players and the fans going foward.

Excellent post.

And for all you Tug McGraw-quoting sh1tkickers, go pick up your medals wherever they're giving them out.

I'm a positive fan, in general, knowing that most teams are good enough where most situations are almost a coin flip on who will come out on top.

I'm positive that tonight's win was a real boost to the team's confidence. I hope we continue this intensity for game four as well as the rest of the series.

DOMINATE!!!

I'm positive that tonight's win was a real boost to the team's confidence. I hope we continue this intensity for game four as well as the rest of the series.

Here, here! What drives you crazy is long stretches where they're just chipping the puck out, like in the third period. There wasn't even a counterattack, just treading water. What we saw in overtime was such a pleasant surprise.

Here, here! What drives you crazy is long stretches where they're just chipping the puck out, like in the third period. There wasn't even a counterattack, just treading water. What we saw in overtime was such a pleasant surprise.

Agreed. I thought they did a much better job of taking the attack to the canes tonight. Yes, there were periods where they were just treading water, but overall I thought we played even better than game 2.

Edited by britoon