GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 3 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great win...a real nail biter lol!

although i must say mottau's inability to get anything on net or deep for that matter from the point is becoming quite horrific...(with the exception of his game one goal)

good for zajak...hopefully he now goes on a tear...and rolston looked pretty damn good with the youngsters...

WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Big win.

Rolston really stepped up, but then again Parise and Zajac could make a brick of cheese look like an all star player.

But credit to him, he took the body and made things happen, beating players and getting his shot off.

Gionta's goal was nice , and Parise play to set up Zajac for the OT winner was fantastic.

Hopefully we can win game 4 and pick up both games on the road.

Damn straight it does. I love eating this kind of crow!!

I know what you mean.

First, I had the 'Canes winning this series in five...simply because I hated the matchup going in. The series has yet to be decided, but at least when I go to Game 5 it won't be an elimination game.

And second, I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't feeling good about this game as it headed into OT (I felt the same way about Game 2). I don't know what it is exactly...it's not so much based on past OT records, as it is that the feeling that 'Canes benefit more from being tied late than the Devils do. I have no real evidence to support that, outside of a simple gut feeling...they've won one, and the Devils have won one, here in 2009, which is all that's really relevant. I do think that winning last night the way they did was huge...I think if they had lost yet another OT game to the 'Canes, they would have been wondering just a little bit.

LMAO thats precious

My favorite post:

Im not one to call out the refs but Ive watched the Bayda alleged high stick a few times (in person and on replay)and still dont see it. When 2 guys have their sticks up in the air together, how does one get called for it?

Well, one guy hit the other in the face and drew blood... the other did not. Very simple. Idiots should read the rulebook before they post... CONTACT is required for a high sticking penalty.

I know what you mean.

First, I had the 'Canes winning this series in five...simply because I hated the matchup going in. The series has yet to be decided, but at least when I go to Game 5 it won't be an elimination game.

And second, I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't feeling good about this game as it headed into OT (I felt the same way about Game 2). I don't know what it is exactly...it's not so much based on past OT records, as it is that the feeling that 'Canes benefit more from being tied late than the Devils do. I have no real evidence to support that, outside of a simple gut feeling...they've won one, and the Devils have won one, here in 2009, which is all that's really relevant. I do think that winning last night the way they did was huge...I think if they had lost yet another OT game to the 'Canes, they would have been wondering just a little bit.

simply put, the 'canes aren't *that* great. there's a lot of things going wrong for them that portend an early exit for them - the only thing they've got to hang their hat on is the fact that their PK has been wonderful. other than that they've been outplayed 5 on 5 and their best line has been the cullen-larose line. they haven't been diving because they haven't been given the chance to. and they're taking a ton of stupid penalties.

How sweet it would be to see Brodeur take over Game 4 and a chance to wrap up this series on home ice for Game 5 in New Jersey on Thursday night? B ) Devils need that killer instinct for Game 4 and they know if they win that game and go up 3-1, they will have that commanding lead in the series...I would like to see Brodeur have his best game and be the center of attention for Game 4 and the win.

simply put, the 'canes aren't *that* great. there's a lot of things going wrong for them that portend an early exit for them - the only thing they've got to hang their hat on is the fact that their PK has been wonderful. other than that they've been outplayed 5 on 5 and their best line has been the cullen-larose line. they haven't been diving because they haven't been given the chance to. and they're taking a ton of stupid penalties.

They're not as good as they looked during their surge, for sure. The Devils need to put them away earlier though (taking advantage of their PP opportunities would help immensely)...let lesser teams hang around (as the 'Canes have done in Games 2 and 3), and they can find a way to beat you. That's why losing to the 'Canes this year would be a lot tougher than it ws in '02 and '06...in '02, the Devils were in complete disarray after the Arnott/McKay for Langenbrunner/Nieuwendyk deal, and in '06 the 'Canes were simply better. I thought this series was going play out similar to the '06 series due to Carolina's PP prowess...there have been some scary moments, but I'm very happy to see that the Devils have not only been keeping up with the 'Canes, but have been dictating play for long stretches. Much different than '06. But like I said, these games can't keep coming down to the wire, where a freak bounce or miscue can kill you...the 'Canes do have enough scoring ability that they can hurt you late or in OT as well, given the opportunity.

I know what you mean.

Game 5 could very well be an elimination game sir. If we win game four to take a 3-1 series lead game 5 in NJ could be the end of the line for the Canes.

I am so glad not to be in the GDT most of the time when the game is on, because the negativity here is brutal and ridiculious. :doh1: Not even going to bother to read all the pages with all the negativity. Some of you should just save yourselves and not bother with some in here with the negativity or the negative ones need to step away from their PC and go watch the game. That is not a good Devils fan thinking that way when it is a different game for pete's sake! Have and show some confidence for this Devils team and stay positive.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! Go get them in Game 4!

Edited by overtime98

Game 5 could very well be an elimination game sir. If we win game four to take a 3-1 series lead game 5 in NJ could be the end of the line for the Canes.

Yeah...I meant from our vantage point. I was there when the 'Canes eliminated the Devils in '02, and I was there last year when...I can't even bring myself to write it. But yeah, I'd love for Game 5 to be a potential "End of the Line" game.

I X'd out this forum last night once I saw 10 to 20 negative posts about the game last night (this was after a tied 2-2 second period).

I woke up this morning probably one of the happiest Devil's fan on here...to tell you the truth, simply because I stopped reading all the crap people are posting and actually watched the game. If you can't actually make it to the game, I say act like you are in fact there and sit on your ass and watch the game, winning or losing, you have to hope for your team to prevail.

I hope to do the same on Tuesday, sit on my couch with some cold beers and watch MY hockey team play the Carolina Hurricanes, hopefully taking a strangle hold on this series. I'm officially never again going to read these GDTs until the games are over.

Yeah...I meant from our vantage point. I was there when the 'Canes eliminated the Devils in '02, and I was there last year when...I can't even bring myself to write it. But yeah, I'd love for Game 5 to be a potential "End of the Line" game.

I see where you are coming from CR.

To me I've never understood the elimination game analogy being only for the team facing elimination. Either way it's an elimination game, be it for the team that is facing elimination or the team that is about to eliminate the other team an move on.

IMO elimination game concerns both teams. One team is the "eliminatee" and the other being the eliminator.

Now, let's eliminate the Canes in game 5 :koolaid:B )

I'm not content with a split now... I'm greedy. I want to close them out Thursday night. The players better not be satisfied. I'll be at game 5 as well, and I want to see us put the dagger in that night. Don't drag it out longer than it has to go.

All in favour of adding..."Shanahan Scar...19...Zajac"! to the messages up at the top of the main page.

And I was with Don...I missed game 1, watched game 2, but I watched game 3 up until OT. I can't watch game 4 either...so maybe I should be done for the series.

Edited by devilsrule33

All in favour of adding..."Shanahan Scar...19...Zajac"! to the messages up at the top of the main page.

And I was with Don...I missed game 1, watched game 2, but I watched game 3 up until OT. I can't watch game 4 either...so maybe I should be done for series.

Marty also has to skip the movies tonight. :P