Did Devils use their puck luck on GWG?

Rock

I apologize if anyone has made this observation already.

First White whiffs on a cross ice pass that most likely would have been intercepted. Then pushes the puck up the boards to Parise. Parise then stickhandles into the Canes zone gets the puck to Zajac who flubs the first shot. Ward makes the save, the rebound then bounces back to Zajac who admits he really flubbed on the game winning shot that was roofed into the net. B )

Anyway I'm glad the events transpired the way they did.

Edited by Rock

I apologize if anyone has made this observation already.

First White whiffs on a cross ice pass that most likely would have been intercepted. Then pushes the puck up the boards to Parise. Parise then stickhandles into the Canes zone gets the puck to Zajac who flubs the first shot. Ward makes the save, the rebound then bounces back to Zajac who admits he really flubbed on the game winning shot that was roofed into the net. B )

Anyway I'm glad the events transpired the way they did.

Thats hockey man. There have been plenty of goals that if the puck was hit the way the shooter intended to hit it would have probably wound up not being a goal.

we were calling for the elusive 'ass-goal' all thru the 3rd period in chat -- the goal was a result of hard work -- just look at the clusterfvck the canes scored in game 2 ...

Yeah I think the cup winning Arnott goal is the prettiest OT goal I've seen scored other than that one they are all kind of..."HOW THE FARK DID THAT HAPPEN?" That what makes OT scary.

we were calling for the elusive 'ass-goal' all thru the 3rd period in chat -- the goal was a result of hard work -- just look at the clusterfvck the canes scored in game 2 ...

you know that's EXACTLY what drives me nuts about the Devils... the Devils seem to crap out on a clusterfvck attack -- as if they collectively say -- "Ewe! this is clusterfvck -- we can't play until this gets cleaned up some!" As if the ref will blow the whistle on clusterfvcks ?????- I can see the sign for that foul :rolleyes:

i'm not gonna care about puck luck in OT vs carolina after that bullsh!t niclas wallin goal in 2006

but yeah it was pretty lucky. travis zajac has american hands.

Try as i might i cant come up with one logical analogy that you could've been goin for with this statement. American hands like Parise? American hands like Mike Rupp? Mike Modano? Cam Janssen?

If the idea was for sweet hands why not canadian like they are since there are plenty of slick canadians or russian hands like datsyuk zeterburg semin ovie etc etc

Personally I think zajaac has great hands he dangles and controls the puck in traffic at a level higher than Parise and not quick as good as Elias who is far and away this teams best dangler and handler of the puck in traffic which is why they almost always try to give him the puck in all situations on the PP while hes on the ice.

I think of zajaac as a hybrid somewhere between Elias and Parise which is a very nice hybrid to be :dance:

"American Hands" was a pejorative bestowed on American players when they first came into the league - it was about guys with great hockey skills all around but no finish. Tom Chorske is probably the epitome of the concept for New Jersey fans, and the Rangers have got 2 in Dubinsky and Gomez. Maxim Afinogenov has them too. I fear that Travis Zajac has them as well.

Try as i might i cant come up with one logical analogy that you could've been goin for with this statement. American hands like Parise? American hands like Mike Rupp? Mike Modano? Cam Janssen?

If the idea was for sweet hands why not canadian like they are since there are plenty of slick canadians or russian hands like datsyuk zetterberg semin ovie etc etc

Personally I think zajaac has great hands he dangles and controls the puck in traffic at a level higher than Parise and not quick as good as Elias who is far and away this teams best dangler and handler of the puck in traffic which is why they almost always try to give him the puck in all situations on the PP while hes on the ice.

I think of zajaac as a hybrid somewhere between Elias and Parise which is a very nice hybrid to be :dance:

Zetterberg is Swedish but I catch your drift.

Zetterberg is Swedish but I catch your drift.

haha good catch yeah i'm practically sleep walking over here from the all nighter had to pull last night for big O - Chem test today :noclue: .

and gotcha tri wasn't aware of the term (clearly obsolete in the light of players like modano and parise et al these days but still). as for Zajaac I think he is far more a playmaker than a goal scorer, but i think he has more than sufficient finish though he definatly has his strugles. bit of a goal scoring enigma, but almost always shows up to play (a trade off I will gladly take for a player in his position).

Zajac isn't too much like Zetterberg. I would compare him to a much less ugly, Rob Brind'Amour although I do not see him going up to the 80s in points like he did, and even going up to the 90s. I think Zajac can hover the 60-75 point range while playing good defense. I think theyre two pretty comparable players although Brind'Amour became a star player more than Zajac probably will.