Charlemagne...

Kulags

San Jose is a legit hockey town bro. Those fans are passionate. They deserve better than this.

There was a photo in our local paper--just north of San Jose--of Sharks fans during the Game 2 at the Tank. The looks on their faces were: shock, despair, and unfortunately, deja vu. It was really sad to see it. Sorry Charlemagne, I was keeping my fingers crossed; sorry to my friends who are Sharks STH's--I'm holding out hope for Game 5, but getting the next 3 will be very tough.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soooooo...

should i get a madden or an elias jersey?

ANDY GREENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

The only thing worse then that game last night was having to listen to the moron Ducks announcers on the radio (makes their TV bufoons sound like Doc and JD in the old FOX Days)

God I hate everything about those fraud embarrassment to life Ducks!! :rant:

(geesh, I'm still so worn out from last night my Ducks hate seems contrived :P)

positives from lastnight (i.e. straw-grasping):

1. i was watching the game at a bar (stout, in midtown, for those of you who live here in nyc) with a really hot little blonde. this cushioned the blow significantly. and she felt bad for me. i don't need to elaborate.

2. douglas murray definitely shattered a piece of plexiglass using bobby ryan's body. this proved to be the only cool moment of the entire game.

3. i had a really awesome burger. and my date had two orders of oysters (you know what they say about oysters).

4. i made a decision to have my joe thornton jersey re-customized with torrey mitchell. i feel pretty good about that.

5. if the sharks push this series to 7 (they won't), it will at least be epic.

6. i learned that appreciating the regular season is really important. boy, i hope that presidents' trophy banner looks great in hp pavilion... and i hope the fans boo the s*** out of it (or go completely silent) when they raise that f***ing thing next season. and then i hope it catches on fire immediately. failures.

7. i can rest easy knowing that thornton, marleau, nabokov, and blake are all making at least $5 million a year. their feelings won't be hurt for too long. i'm a caring sort of guy, you know.

8. the nfl draft begins tomorrow, and as a raider fan (yeah... my life sucks, doesn't it?), maybe i'll have something else to erroneously get my hopes up about.

9. it was really heart-warming watching my team get lit up by a rookie, and shut out by a rookie. good for them, you know? i hope they both get syphilis... from each other.

10. after getting owned by dallas every single time we've ever had a playoff series against them, we've now had our first playoff series against our other hated division rival, and now will have been owned by them, too. this is the very definition of consistency. bravo.

on versus last night they were speculating about joe thornton - if thornton is neutralized, and marleau is playing hurt, that really does neutralize the sharks - they don't have that other go-to scorer. i know setoguchi scored 30 but that was a lot of thornton's doing as well.

1. i was watching the game at a bar (stout, in midtown, for those of you who live here in nyc) with a really hot little blonde. this cushioned the blow significantly. and she felt bad for me. i don't need to elaborate.

2. douglas murray definitely shattered a piece of plexiglass using bobby ryan's body. this proved to be the only cool moment of the entire game.

3. i had a really awesome burger. and my date had two orders of oysters (you know what they say about oysters).

4. i made a decision to have my joe thornton jersey re-customized with torrey mitchell. i feel pretty good about that.

6. i learned that appreciating the regular season is really important. boy, i hope that presidents' trophy banner looks great in hp pavilion... and i hope the fans boo the s*** out of it (or go completely silent) when they raise that f***ing thing next season. and then i hope it catches on fire immediately. failures.

7. i can rest easy knowing that thornton, marleau, nabokov, and blake are all making at least $5 million a year. their feelings won't be hurt for too long. i'm a caring sort of guy, you know.

8. the nfl draft begins tomorrow, and as a raider fan (yeah... my life sucks, doesn't it?), maybe i'll have something else to erroneously get my hopes up about.

9. it was really heart-warming watching my team get lit up by a rookie, and shut out by a rookie. good for them, you know? i hope they both get syphilis... from each other.

10. after getting owned by dallas every single time we've ever had a playoff series against them, we've now had our first playoff series against our other hated division rival, and now will have been owned by them, too. this is the very definition of consistency. bravo.

:rofl:

on versus last night they were speculating about joe thornton - if thornton is neutralized, and marleau is playing hurt, that really does neutralize the sharks - they don't have that other go-to scorer. i know setoguchi scored 30 but that was a lot of thornton's doing as well.

There is just no excuse for the way Thornton has performed in this series... none. The guy just can't get it done in the playoffs- it's officially a trend now. Nice turn-over that led to the 3rd Ducks goal too. :rolleyes:

Brilliant!

There is just no excuse for the way Thornton has performed in this series... none. The guy just can't get it done in the playoffs- it's officially a trend now. Nice turn-over that led to the 3rd Ducks goal too. :rolleyes:

He's a floater. The guy plays with zero passion this time of the year. I will give him credit though- he did set up three goals last night. Unfortunately they were for the wrong team.

He's a floater. The guy plays with zero passion this time of the year. I will give him credit though- he did set up three goals last night. Unfortunately they were for the wrong team.

I've never seen such a big dude play so small when it matters most. I don't know how he lives with himself.

I've never seen such a big dude play so small when it matters most. I don't know how he lives with himself.

Great players dial it up a notch this time of the year. They find that extra gear and run with it. It's quite obvious Joe Choke Job does not have this extra gear.

Great players dial it up a notch this time of the year. They find that extra gear and run with it. It's quite obvious Joe Choke Job does not have this extra gear.

No he doesn't... we owned him in the playoffs too. I think he still sees Madden in his nightmares.

Im not sure if it's nerves with the expectations destroying his game. He could play well in the playoffs but honestly, not in San Jose. He played horrible for the Bruins in the playoffs as well, but in this stage of his career he seems to need a different role than a go to man although he can rank 90 assists in a season and not belt out more than one in a playoff game.

:( I was pulling for the Sharks for our resident fan, felt bad for you last night. Chin up, you got a helluva team for next year. But for tonight, find any 'ole red tee shirt hanging around your house, grab an old white bath towel to wave with the rest of us, if only in heart, and join us in cheering our team on. If you wanna hop on for these playoffs, I speak for all of us when I say WELCOME ABOARD!

thanks.

hey, maybe i'll even throw on that little free white devils hat they gave me when i came to see the goal-fest between the sharks and devs this year. ;) (probably not... but i will find something red to wear... is there a difference between devils red and canes red?)

thanks.

hey, maybe i'll even throw on that little free white devils hat they gave me when i came to see the goal-fest between the sharks and devs this year. ;) (probably not... but i will find something red to wear... is there a difference between devils red and canes red?)

Yeah...but only if the person wearing it looks like this: redneck-man.jpg

One of them doesn't smell sulfur... the other one is the good one !