MSG Network plans virtual ads for Rangers playoff games

eaglejelly

It's the he worked for the Rangers stigma, because of that people assume he's got to be a Ranger fan - just like people took shots at Gulutti in his blog after he brought up the 'soft sellout' in Game 1 because he used to be the beat writer for the Rangers.

I totally forgot that TG covered those queers. Still, it doesn't neccassarily mean he's a Ranger fan. John Dellapina used to cover the Devils before he got the Ranger beat and he's a huge Ranger fan. I don't think Ranger fans hated on him because he covered the Devils before that.

I noticed the Subway ads when they first went up a few weeks ago and I don't really mind them. At first, they were a little distracting and I found myself drawn to them. After a few weeks, I hardly even notice them anymore. They're nothing to really get worked up about.

I like Cangelosi- he's not great at play-by-play, but he does a good job with the pre and post-game shows. I got a chance to talk to him after the game the other night and he's a really nice guy. I don't understand why so many people on here don't like him.

cangelosi talks like a rangers fan and he always sounds like he is covering the team that isn't the devils - like he is auditioning to be some other team's broadcaster.

cangelosi talks like a rangers fan and he always sounds like he is covering the team that isn't the devils - like he is auditioning to be some other team's broadcaster.

Honestly, I never got that idea... he even calls the Devils players by their nick-names sometimes, like a fan would. I've never noticed any kind of obvious Ranger bias from the guy.

like last game. Constant theme was a Carolina player falls for no reason or was checked and Cangelosi goes "No call there" as if there should be a call when no penalty was committed by the Devils? Also he loves to call the other teams plays dangerous even if they aren't doing anything dangerous at all.

I like Cangelosi- he's not great at play-by-play, but he does a good job with the pre and post-game shows. I got a chance to talk to him after the game the other night and he's a really nice guy. I don't understand why so many people on here don't like him.

he really is a great guy to have a talk with, hes really very knowledgeable.

like last game. Constant theme was a Carolina player falls for no reason or was checked and Cangelosi goes "No call there" as if there should be a call when no penalty was committed by the Devils? Also he loves to call the other teams plays dangerous even if they aren't doing anything dangerous at all.

I'm not crazy about the way he calls the game either, but he only fills in when Doc is way so I can't get too worked up over it -- although I did notice at one point yesterday when Brind'amour fell down how he said that Brind'amour was hauled down but no call.

Yet if he was really being anti-Devils wouldn't someone notice it -- like Chico or Daneyko -- and say something about it to Lou or Vanderbeek?

Oh, and I don't like the Subway ads.

Edited by 95Crash

like last game. Constant theme was a Carolina player falls for no reason or was checked and Cangelosi goes "No call there" as if there should be a call when no penalty was committed by the Devils?

I didn't really notice that. However, aren't the Canes notorious for diving? Perhaps that's his way of calling them out on it, by pointing out that a Cane went down and didn't draw the penalty they were looking for.

LINK

MSG expects to sell virtual ads for all its games next season. MSG also has rights to telecast the Devils-Hurricanes playoff series, but at deadline, it had not decided whether to add virtual ads to those telecasts.

This from the same ass wipes that own cablevision, stupid io tv, and block all the HD feeds to center ice...who'd a thunk it?

bastards.

Those ads don't really bother me. And people always make snide comments about the glow puck. I liked the glow puck and think they should def bring it back. If they can make the lines in football then how come I can't have something that tells me how fast every slapshot was or the ablity to see on a goal review if the puck every crossed the line under the goalie. The technology to improve the game needs to come back not just for virtual ads on the glas.

Those ads don't really bother me. And people always make snide comments about the glow puck. I liked the glow puck and think they should def bring it back.

I liked when they stopped with the bright colors and comet tails on slap shots. When they used white as the color for the glow puck, you didn't notice it during most of the play, but could finally see where the puck was when it was along the near boards. Genius.

I liked when they stopped with the bright colors and comet tails on slap shots. When they used white as the color for the glow puck, you didn't notice it during most of the play, but could finally see where the puck was when it was along the near boards. Genius.

Yeah def. The streaks and stuff we're a bit much but I liked being able to see that a slap shot was 90 MPH or where the puck exactly was when it was down low on the boards.

I noticed them, but then forgot they were there. If it's between that and the uniform-as-billboard approach, I'm all for the glass ads.

One key difference is *they're not really there*. So if you're at the game, no ads. Skating billboards are there all the time.

I noticed them and thought they were a distraction. More and more playing area for sale. Pretty soon they'll sell the state in the team name and become the Capital One Rangers and have sponsor logos on their helmets.

Whatever they do...keep it at MSG.