Whats with the mutts in 232/233?

Blown01NJ

no sh!t? I really don't believe people thought he was actually a Devils fan. He had plant written all over him from second one. He's better than Claude the Trumpeter. Mainly because it's amusing to watch people assualt each other over his sweat drenched shirts and playoff towels.

You'd think they were actually winning something.

lol yeah. it's funny how quickly a hockey crowd is turned into the studio audience from the price is right once the possibility of winning a non-prize comes about.

also the people behind me at game 2 thought he was a devils fan.

some people upstairs take themselves too seriously, to me, it's a six of half, a half dozen of the other. Of course, unless like someone said here, basically they're bitter because he gets paid to do something you pay to do. Which is understandable.

those people don't do it well enough. at last season's drubbing of the hurricanes, i think it was 233 shouting at the lower sections to make noise when the devils were up 5-1 in the 3rd period. that's idiotic.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blown, 2001, and New Jersey in the same sentence only means ONE thing 'round here....

Touche', however its got nothing to do with that at all. I started posting on car forums and its just a name I use on many of them. Blown as in supercharged 01, and NJ, well because I live there.

How do we know for sure that this guy makes 2,000 a night? This is the Devils we are talking about, do you really think Lou signs off for this guy to make 2,000 a night to dance and throw t-shirts? He might at most, make 200 a night. If the dancing guy himself or anyone else says otherwise than I call bullsh!t.

Edited by Satans Hockey

How do we know for sure that this guy makes 2,000 a night? This is the Devils we are talking about, do you really think Lou signs off for this guy to make 2,000 a night to dance and throw t-shirts? He might at most, make 200 a night. If the dancing guy himself or anyone else says otherwise than I call bullsh!t.

There was an article about it a couple months back, right after the 3-0 win over the Rangers in February when Clemmers finally got a shutout. It said he made $2000 a night working for teams such as the Devils, Thrashers, and Hawks, and he was "trying out" for the Knicks when the article was written.

Edit: NBA Hawks, not the Blackhawks

Edited by RSC

There was an article about it a couple months back, right after the 3-0 win over the Rangers in February when Clemmers finally got a shutout. It said he made $2000 a night working for teams such as the Devils, Thrashers, and Hawks, and he was "trying out" for the Knicks when the article was written.

Edit: NBA Hawks, not the Blackhawks

Here is the article link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03012009/news/..._gig_157527.htm

I just read through it again and it says up to $2000, not that he makes $2000.

Also he has a website:

http://www.mynameiscameronhughes.com/

The Crazies are just another group of Devils fans. Like any group, there are gonna be a couple jackasses mixed in. It's just easier to pick on the Crazies for their handful of jackasses because, well, they gave themselves a name. We're all fans of the same team, we should be able to get along.

Speaking of Section 208. They act like they own the place and are more concerned with themselves than the game. Case in point Friday's game and the fiasco with the Canes fan.

Speaking of Section 208. They act like they own the place and are more concerned with themselves than the game. Case in point Friday's game and the fiasco with the Canes fan.

that was two people and two people alone and you KNOW IT

I've said my peace on that elsewhere :P

I really don't understand why people are going out of their way to stick up for this dickbag.

I don't understand why people are going out of their way to hate on a guy for doing his job.

that was two people and two people alone and you KNOW IT

I've said my peace on that elsewhere :P

I don't know about this specific incident, and don't really care to. But it's just another example of how any group has it's handful of jackasses. This time around, those jackasses were identified at people who sat in 208. Other times, it's those Crazies on the other side of the barn. Yet other times, it's my friends and some fat kid in eye makeup. :P

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!

I don't like that he's a fan for hire. But he does get the crowd loud...And let's face facts, the devils crowd sucks otherwise. I always end up in a section where everyone just sits down and doesn't sound a peep the whole game! Our fans don't get into it like the rest of the leagues' fans do. So anyone getting to crowd screaming is good for me...even if it is the crazies.

I don't understand why people are going out of their way to hate on a guy for doing his job.

I don't know about this specific incident, and don't really care to. But it's just another example of how any group has it's handful of jackasses. This time around, those jackasses were identified at people who sat in 208. Other times, it's those Crazies on the other side of the barn. Yet other times, it's my friends and some fat kid in eye makeup. :P

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!

Because his job is unnecassary and stupid. Good for him that he makes money at it, but I have no use for the guy.

It's stupid to pay this guy anything for that. There are tons of people out there who would do the same exact thing he does just to be let into the games for free.

no there aren't. this guy can't watch the game while he's doing his thing - he's got to be all over the arena going into different sections.

Because his job is unnecassary and stupid. Good for him that he makes money at it, but I have no use for the guy.

Dancing Fat Guy isn't necessary upstairs, especially in the third deck, where the fans have no trouble getting loud on their own. But downstairs is another story. Even the balconies sometimes.

Yeah it's choreographed, cheesy and far from genuine, but he gets fans who normally sit on their hands while watching the game through their monocles to actually make some noise. With our general reputation for being quiet and unintimidating as a fan base, anything that boosts our noise level is fine by me. Just stay out of the third deck.

Yeah it's choreographed, cheesy and far from genuine, but he gets fans who normally sit on their hands while watching the game through their monocles to actually make some noise.

Yeah they make noise, during TV timeouts when it hardly matters and it's only the immediate section or two where he's at. I don't have quite the issue with him others do but his 'impact' does get extremely overrated. It's not like well, he gets the lower bowl going and it's sustained during the game.

Edited by Hasan4978

Yeah they make noise, during TV timeouts when it hardly matters and it's only the immediate section or two where he's at. I don't have quite the issue with him others do but his 'impact' does get extremely overrated. It's not like well, he gets the lower bowl going and it's sustained during the game.

This is true, but with the lower bowl I'll take whatever noise I can get.

Dancing Fat Guy isn't necessary upstairs, especially in the third deck, where the fans have no trouble getting loud on their own. But downstairs is another story. Even the balconies sometimes.

Yeah it's choreographed, cheesy and far from genuine, but he gets fans who normally sit on their hands while watching the game through their monocles to actually make some noise. With our general reputation for being quiet and unintimidating as a fan base, anything that boosts our noise level is fine by me. Just stay out of the third deck.

The fact that people respond to such a cheesy, choreograped, and disingenous display of stupidity tells me a lot about some of our fans then. I sat downstairs for game 2 and trust me- the guy wasn't needed.

The fact that people respond to such a cheesy, choreograped, and disingenous display of stupidity tells me a lot about some of our fans then. I sat downstairs for game 2 and trust me- the guy wasn't needed.

I've never been down there in the playoffs, but I have for several regular season games throughout the years. Trust me, the guy is needed. Maybe tell him to take a hike for the playoffs?

Look, I don't necessarily like the guy. I think I've referred to him as a "dancing pile of AIDS" before. But joking aside, the guy doesn't deserve the kind of hate being directed his way. If anything, hate the people who hired him. And those people, BTW, must be getting positive feedback if they have him coming back for the playoffs. This franchise has shown an impressive tendency to actually listen to the fans ever since Vanderbeek took over. Just look at what happened with the cupholders upstairs and how requirements for access to the Goal Bar have changed. If they'll listen to what non-Goal Bar ticket holders and people who buy up the cheap seats have to say, you better believe they're listening to what people who buck up for tickets in the lower bowl have to say too.