Serious Question

PaDevsFan

Can someone please tell me why it seems as though Marty gets no respect??? I mean the league wants to market superstars. they market Ovie, they market Crosby, yet it seems as though they dont give possibly the greatest goalie to play the game (arguably in the top 3) the proper respect. I mean they made such a big deal out of the record, yet they let him get bumped and hit and knocked down consistently. I know the league doesnt seem to care about the Devils,( even though they dont trap any more) but they should at least give the guy the respect and the calls when he gets hit.

I just do not understand it. they allow guys like Avery and many others to take their shots at him (the Cryers consistently bang him) and NOTHING CALLED.

I am not saying tonight should have been either way, but it sure seems like the league lets alot more go when it comes to him being bumped. I mean touch Crosby and you are sitting??? What a joke this league has become!!!!!

no goalies are getting the calls. i think its as simple as that.

I dont know about that I have seen games this yr. I mean the Queen has gotten many calls this season. (I am not just talking about the playoffs) I am saying in general. It is almost like the league is saying if you are that good it shouldnt matter if you get hit to Marty...

Edited by PaDevsFan

In a one-second play, the referee is not thinking who the goalie is, who the skater is, and the ramifications of what people are going to think of a call on the internet, on talk radio, and in newspapers.

There isn't going to be a memo going out, telling all referees that if Marty Brodeur gets bumped, call it tighter than you would if Steve Mason gets bumped. As much as it feels otherwise sometimes, I highly doubt there's a memo out there saying to give Sidney Crosby the benefit of the doubt most of the time.

The point being...just as Marty had less than a second to recover and get set, the referee had less than a second to process the information he was seeing and react accordingly. Did he blow it? Probably. But not because he was trying to fvck over the Devils, or Martin Brodeur.

In a one-second play, the referee is not thinking who the goalie is, who the skater is, and the ramifications of what people are going to think of a call on the internet, on talk radio, and in newspapers.

There isn't going to be a memo going out, telling all referees that if Marty Brodeur gets bumped, call it tighter than you would if Steve Mason gets bumped. As much as it feels otherwise sometimes, I highly doubt there's a memo out there saying to give Sidney Crosby the benefit of the doubt most of the time.

The point being...just as Marty had less than a second to recover and get set, the referee had less than a second to process the information he was seeing and react accordingly. Did he blow it? Probably. But not because he was trying to fvck over the Devils, or Martin Brodeur.

And again I am not talking about this game only. I cant count how many times I have seen Marty get hit knocked over, his mask knocked off no penalty Yet the Queen or Osgood, or Fleury gets bumped and they are sending someone to the box for goalie interference. I know I am biased but it sure does seem that way.

And again I am not talking about this game only. I cant count how many times I have seen Marty get hit knocked over, his mask knocked off no penalty Yet the Queen or Osgood, or Fleury gets bumped and they are sending someone to the box for goalie interference. I know I am biased but it sure does seem that way.

How much of the games of the other goalies are you actually watching though? I doubt you watch all 82 Ranger games, or Red Wing games, the way you're watching a majority of Devil games.

There's going to be blown calls against all teams over the course of the year.

I still feel that they blew the call tonight, but in the end it's not any worse for Marty than it is for anyone else in the league.

Can someone please tell me why it seems as though Marty gets no respect??? I mean the league wants to market superstars. they market Ovie, they market Crosby, yet it seems as though they dont give possibly the greatest goalie to play the game (arguably in the top 3) the proper respect. I mean they made such a big deal out of the record, yet they let him get bumped and hit and knocked down consistently. I know the league doesnt seem to care about the Devils,( even though they dont trap any more) but they should at least give the guy the respect and the calls when he gets hit.

I just do not understand it. they allow guys like Avery and many others to take their shots at him (the Cryers consistently bang him) and NOTHING CALLED.

I am not saying tonight should have been either way, but it sure seems like the league lets alot more go when it comes to him being bumped. I mean touch Crosby and you are sitting??? What a joke this league has become!!!!!

Alot went wrong there,the (D) never cleared the puck,Marty came way out,and instead of playing the puck he played the man,and got Burned.as a Devil's fan from the begining,this one Hurt's.Marty is the Greatest goalie of all time,but his Head got to big with all this MB30 Crap.I liked him much better when he wasn't just about Marty.I think this year he has lost the respect of many in the NHL.