Anyone go to games alone?

DEV1LDR1VER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there myself too...but I didn't so much mind since I had the damn flu anyway plus I wound up sitting next to a cute redhead that was buzzed the whole night so I did have a little fun besides the game itself :lol:

Spread your sickness to the cute redhead, eh? :icon23:

Edited by 95Crash

Wow, definitely don't regret going tonight! I had a seat right next to a glass wall and there was a few open seats next to me so I had my own little area. There was some drunk guy in front of me keeping me entertained all game. What a great game to be at too. Just an awesome performance by marty. Let's put this away in carolina!!! Oh and by the way I am now on a 6 game winning streak at the Rock!! I think we should start an official "get Steve's ass to the rock" fund :)

I've gone to a few games alone, but it's a last resort option. No matter what way you slice it, it's more fun to go to a game with someone than go by yourself.

I've done it a lot of times and at a lot of different arenas. Most recently for Marty's Wins-Record.

Sometimes I enjoy being there alone -- it gives me a chance to really study the game and enjoy things I would normally miss if I was chatting with someone the whole time.

However, the long train ride from Long Island kinda sucks when you're alone :lol:

Edited by puckrock

A little late to this thread, but I used to be a full season ticket holder and I went to all the games alone, for years. I had a blast. You get to enjoy the game and meet new people. Some of the people I got to know are like family to me.

Yeah,I know someone who goes to games alone.Me.In fact I was there last night all alone again and I couldn't have cared less.They played a great game and I was surrounded by a sea of devils fans.But that's just me,as I'm very much a loaner by trade.BTW,I drive from Ct all the time.Now that's a die hard fan.Go Devs.

If you love the team that much, going to a game alone isn't a big deal. In 2006 I went to Game 2 of the Devils-Rangers series by myself. I ended up next to a guy and his son. Chatted with them the whole game and just made myself tone down the cursing for the kid. Had a great time. Of course, the fact that the Devils won was probably the greatest factor in my enjoyment, not who I was or wasn't with. :)

If you love the team that much, going to a game alone isn't a big deal. In 2006 I went to Game 2 of the Devils-Rangers series by myself. I ended up next to a guy and his son. Chatted with them the whole game and just made myself tone down the cursing for the kid. Had a great time. Of course, the fact that the Devils won was probably the greatest factor in my enjoyment, not who I was or wasn't with. :)

Now you'd have booed the damn kid on principle :P

yup, i do it. I used to get a pair of season seats but ended up going alone alot of the time anyway so it just didn't make sense to buy the 2nd seat anymore. I know enough people where I can almost always find a buddy to sit with or near. Tried to meet up with CRASHER last game but ran into some old buddies on a smoke break so we stayed put.

Next season i bought a seat downstairs in 5 but again, i'm sure i'll find my way around the arena as i usually do!

yup, i do it. I used to get a pair of season seats but ended up going alone alot of the time anyway so it just didn't make sense to buy the 2nd seat anymore. I know enough people where I can almost always find a buddy to sit with or near. Tried to meet up with CRASHER last game but ran into some old buddies on a smoke break so we stayed put.

Next season i bought a seat downstairs in 5 but again, i'm sure i'll find my way around the arena as i usually do!

and you walked up the wrong side of the section!! :rant:

and you walked up the wrong side of the section!! :rant:

DOH :doh1:

I've gone alone when my boyfriend bailed on me to go to a Rags game (gag) I just butted into conversations around me hehe It may also help that i'm a young female though with people feeling bad and talking to me idk.

I had a blast that game, and no annoying Rangers fan bf (who has devils season tickets...long story) to not cheer when the devils score.

So I sat just behind Marty's left shoulder 19 rows from the glass. Awesome view of the goal tending clinic and DC's tip in. I think the whole arena stood for the last minute of the period. I couldn't even sit during both time outs. Games like that are proof if everyone bails you still go.

Period one with DC's goalie interference + Marty getting completely taken out + Marty given a penalty, I seriously thought they were gonna have to call in the National Guard. The crowd was LIVID.

My heart was pounding with each PK.

Then watching the clock while realizing Marty need a 'that which I couldn't say' to win.

The ticket paid for itself.

I've gone alone when my boyfriend bailed on me to go to a Rags game (gag) I just butted into conversations around me hehe It may also help that i'm a young female though with people feeling bad and talking to me idk.

I had a blast that game, and no annoying Rangers fan bf (who has devils season tickets...long story) to not cheer when the devils score.

Please tell me you're only with him for his season tickets.