Martin Brodeur!

vegaspete7

For those of you clamoring for a game in which Marty carries us, may I present to you the most recently completed contest:

2009 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals vs. Carolina - 44 shots, 44 saves. You could see it in Marty's body language throughout this one, and it simply said, "These Canes ain't scoring on me tonight."

One of Brodeur's best playoff games since 2003.

No, this was his best game EVER.

Not only was he dominant in a big spot and made all those brilliant saves but the fact that the game was 1-0 and the other guy was matching him save for save made it that much better.

Yes he's clearly had more meaningful wins and shutouts...but his play tonight was on another level from even those games.

Didn't the devils get blown out 6-1 in game 1 in 2006?

The Devils won Game 1 in 2006, 6-1 over the Rangers that led to a 4-game sweep of the Rangers in the ECQF.

Yes the Devils actually was shutout 6-0 by Carolina in Game 1 of the ECSF.

Edited by SatansDevils

Good point. Definitely in his top 5. The list probably goes...

1) Game 5 2004 against the Flyers

2) Game 1 2007 against Ottawa

3) Game 1 2006 against Carolina

4) Tonight

5) 2008 Game 5 against the Rangers

Was this a sarcastic post? Because I'm pretty sure we lost all 4 of those except for tonight's obviously.

I'm glad somebody started this thread before I got a chance to, because I wasn't going to be so kind with my words for the experts on this board who have a problem with Marty. He delivered a big STFU tonight and is the only reason we're still in this series.

he played ANGRY tonight

mofo needs to get angry more often :P

Damn straight he did, and the entire place was angry after the game 4 disaster, you could just feel it. It was an ANGRY crowd in the beginning of this game tonight. There was a sense of "fvck YOU CAROLINA NOT THIS fvckING TIME, NOT TONIGHT" throughout the building. I felt that sh!t in my bones and it poured out of me the minute the puck dropped.

No, this was his best game EVER.

Not only was he dominant in a big spot and made all those brilliant saves but the fact that the game was 1-0 and the other guy was matching him save for save made it that much better.

Yes he's clearly had more meaningful wins and shutouts...but his play tonight was on another level from even those games.

If not his best ever, defintitely in the top 3. I put this performance right there with games 5 and 6 in the 2000 SCF and game 7 of the ECF against Ottawa in 2003. He was THAT good.

Damn straight he did, and the entire place was angry after the game 4 disaster, you could just feel it. It was an ANGRY crowd in the beginning of this game tonight. There was a sense of "fvck YOU CAROLINA NOT THIS fvckING TIME, NOT TONIGHT" throughout the building. I felt that sh!t in my bones and it poured out of me the minute the puck dropped.

If not his best ever, defintitely in the top 3. I put this performance right there with games 5 and 6 in the 2000 SCF and game 7 of the ECF against Ottawa in 2003. He was THAT good.

I disagree. He let in goals in all those games. Phillips beat him on a far out shot in game 7. Like Triumph said, he barely faced any shots in all three of those games. Did he come up with some giant saves in each? Absolutely. But tonight he didn't let anything questionable get by him. He simply would not be beat. 2003 against Ottawa he had a great last 6 minutes though.

I disagree. He let in goals in all those games. Phillips beat him on a far out shot in game 7. Like Triumph said, he barely faced any shots in all three of those games. Did he come up with some giant saves in each? Absolutely. But tonight he didn't let anything questionable get by him. He simply would not be beat. 2003 against Ottawa he had a great last 6 minutes though.

Phillips didn't beat him in that game, that was game 6 after White went to the wrong man and let Philips take the slot uncovered. Arvedson beat him on a break away and Bonk bombed one that one of our d-men tipped- Marty had no chance on the Bonk goal. To say game 5 of the SCF in 2000 was not one of Marty's best playoff games ever is lunacy.

To say game 5 of the SCF in 2000 was not one of Marty's best playoff games ever is lunacy.

That was the single greatest display of goaltending on BOTH ends I have ever seen in my life or ever will.... it's the one LOSS in our SCF games I will watch again and again!

I never heard so many expletives screamed in one place in my life. But it wasn't in the intimidating sense, it was all positive swearing. In the, "fvck ANYTHING FROM CAROLINA, fvck CAM WARD, fvck THE GOLD MEDAL OLYMPIC DIVER OTHERWISE KNOWN AS ERIC STAAL". Great times.

It was awesome. Just an awesome fvcking atmosphere.