Oduya and Martin

NYGDevils32

How about the preformance of Johnny Oduya and Paul Martin in this series, especially last night? Oduya has been the poke checking master so far, and blocking great chances. Martin has been shooting a lot lately on the PP, he also has been great on the kill, but the thing that stood out to me the most was when he took the puck coast to coast with under 45 seconds last night right after the Canes had a few great chances.

Both defensemen are starting to look like playoff veterans out there, helping Marty out and the offense as well.

I think Martin is probably the most underrated player on this team. He played nearly 30 minutes a game the last 2 games.

You could go as far as most underated in the league. The least talked about top 20 defensemen in the league. Look at all these Olympic projected lineups. Most of them don't even include Martin at all yet you see Orpik ( :rofl: ), Corvo, Gilbert on a few.

Oduya deserved being ripped for the second half of his first season and his first half of his second season. You could see the physical skills that he possessed but his actual play was pretty crap at the the time. I defended his being in the lineup while acknowledging that he wasn't playing well.