Burns Promises Victory

Triumph

The Corel Centre, which was built for more than $220 million just six years ago, will likely sell for less than $30 million.

I did read this though. Will the Sens' sale move them out of Ottawa or the province? What's going on with that?

Go Devils!

The SENS are not going anywhere - the guy who is going to buy the team has promised the league to keep the team in Ottawa - He is a billionare though, so, I think we won't have to borrow any money to run the team in the future, that's what got us into a lot of debts. The new guy coming in is promising to do whatever to make the team a dynasty, which is good news for the fans

I think Burns just added fuel to the fire. Ottawa might use that as extra incentive. Burns is a little arrogant confidence-wise. So, I'm not surprised.

I agree with Sens about one of the Devils getting hit. I think Volchenkov or Chara is going to nail a small Devil player coming across the blueline.

I think Burns just added fuel to the fire. Ottawa might use that as extra incentive. Burns is a little arrogant confidence-wise. So, I'm not surprised.

I agree with Sens about one of the Devils getting hit. I think Volchenkov or Chara is going to nail a small Devil player coming across the blueline.

Derek what is a exactly a coach publicly supposed to say, "We can't beat this team"? Of course he is going to say "We will win"! If he said the former, then he should get out of coaching.

Rock, did you forget how big a deal it was when Messier pulled his guarantee :rolleyes: ?

It is always going to be a big deal when a coach or player opens their mouth. Now it's time for Burns' players to deliver.

Look what happened when Tracy McGrady prematurely talked about the 2nd round when his team was up 3-1 on Detroit. Ditto for Kevin Garnett opening his mouth about how the Laker series would be over if they could have gone up 3-1. Their teams didn't win another game. Coincidence???

I don't think so.

i recall glen sather making a similar guarantee a few months ago.

And he looked and still looks like an a$$hole for making that "guarantee." :angry:

When you don't deliver, you're subject to criticism by the vulture-like media.

There's nothing wrong with showing confidence in your troops but if they come up short, I know it will be pointed to. If Messier and the Rangers had come up short, they would have gotten ripped.

That's just how it is.

Burns is a little arrogant confidence-wise.  

That's why we like him :uni:

I agree with Sens about one of the Devils getting hit.  I think Volchenkov or Chara is going to nail a small Devil player coming across the blueline.

Don't wish for it too much.

Rock, did you forget how big a deal it was when Messier pulled his guarantee :rolleyes: ?

It is always going to be a big deal when a coach or player opens their mouth. Now it's time for Burns' players to deliver.

Look what happened when Tracy McGrady prematurely talked about the 2nd round when his team was up 3-1 on Detroit. Ditto for Kevin Garnett opening his mouth about how the Laker series would be over if they could have gone up 3-1. Their teams didn't win another game. Coincidence???

I don't think so.

Garnett said if which is a very key word when it comes to things like this. And on T-Mac, someone said that he forgot about the 4 wins and thought you only needed 3 (last years rule and before that) and that the media took it out of context but it's really a stupid explanation and makes T-Mac look like he's been in hiding all year and could care less about what's happening in the NBA

Sens4ever: I'm not bitter at all. Anyone who has an iota of hockey knowledge knew the Sens would beat the Flyers again. The Devils have caused me much more anguish than the Sens ever have so my earlier post was an honest opinion to how I feel the series will be won by the Devils.