GDT 4/28 Carolina vs New Jersey-Game 7.

Neutral Zone Trap

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of blame to go around. It's not just Marty.

He should've stopped the game winner. He should've stopped the opening goal, which was almost a carbon copy of the game winner.

But it wasn't just him.

Nobody took charge after that tying goal.

I have a question I really want an answer to and, yes, I know it's a cliche, but...why does everyone hate us? I'm not talking about a conspiracy against us from the referees and the NHL, I'm talking normal everyday fans like us (well, except Ranger and Flyers fans). I always seem to hear and read and first-hand witness people cheering against the Devils, even when they're playing an unpopular team like those f*ckin' Canes.

I have a question I really want an answer to and, yes, I know it's a cliche, but...why does everyone hate us? I'm not talking about a conspiracy against us from the referees and the NHL, I'm talking normal everyday fans like us (well, except Ranger and Flyers fans). I always seem to hear and read and first-hand witness people cheering against the Devils, even when they're playing an unpopular team like those f*ckin' Canes.

Because we're a threat to their team. They wouldn't give a fvck if they knew we didn't stand a chance.

Every time we face this team we get LOLpwned. Every year it gets harder and harder to take the losses against them. I am starting to hate this team more then PHI.There goes the summer and part of my remote out the window...

Huh, I also threw my remote out the window to go along with my kicked over coffee table. Being a sports fan sucks.

the biggest embarrasmenet i've seen in the history of the organization. i'm embarrased for every single player that where's the jersey and that's ever worn that jersey. you think scott stevens, ken daneyko, or even scott neidemyer would have let JUSSI fvckING JOKIENEN be open back side? you have to be fvcking kidding me. 31 seconds left and you let in a shot from 30 feet out? where's clemmensen. marty was a savior that series my fvcking ass. made the same saves anyone would have made. greatest of all time yes. greatest this season no. show some guts you fish. fvcking fish every player on that team. just cause you grow your beard doesnt make you a cup winner and someone needs to tell them that. long live 95 00 and 03 that's fvcking heart

I know it's not marty but why couldn't he please have stopped one of those even. He could of had all of them even... not to be an ass but i think they will draft a goalie this year...

Wrong. even if Marty isnt the answer they have a top notch prospect in Jeff Frazee.

And its reality check time, even though it stings and yes it stings for sure; Marty has brought us to the playoffs every year since the nineties. he will be back next year and hopefully 100% healthy

I thought the team had a ton of heart and am far from embarrassed to be a fan of the team. Every player had moments of brilliance and error (sometimes madness). I don't think people should be making knee-jerk reactions to the loss. It was a great series where it was basically back and forth each game.

-If history dictated who should win based upon how the series was played, it would have been the Devils.

-If history dictated who should win based upon how these team played against each other, it was Carolina.

The only fact that can be said is that Brodeur should no longer be viewed as being "at the top of his game" and that is simply an age issue. He had some amazing plays and some where I still go "huh?" Really no different than anyone else on the team.

AT LEAST...

The Devils weren't up 4-1 versus the Canes only to lose in seven games like the Rangers did. Pick another team to pull for (I'm pulling for the Blackhawks), deal with the loss, and be ready next year to pull for the team.

and yeah, I understand that i'm probably very wrong for saying that right not but if you don't feel that way and this lose isn't the worst you've endurded since becoming a fan of this team than i question your pride.

I wonder how they celebrate in Carolina. Do you think they get the wife/sister couples together and pass the jug around the campfire in the junkyard, or do you think the go classy and go to Denny's?

And yet, the Devils will be playing golf next week while all those hicks are enjoying the stupid Canes on TV.

You find me an NHL coach that would start Clemmensen over a healthy Brodeur in the playoffs and I'll jump of the freaking Empire State Building.

You are right but at the end of the day the Devils can't win playoff games with Marty in net. Not this year not last year and not the year before.

Edited by LucifersDog

The Devils weren't up 4-1 versus the Canes only to lose in seven games like the Rangers did. Pick another team to pull for (I'm pulling for the Blackhawks), deal with the loss, and be ready next year to pull for the team.

Who cares what the Rags did tonight or any night? Just cause the Rags lost isn't supposed to make this any easier.