GDT 4/28 Carolina vs New Jersey-Game 7.

Neutral Zone Trap

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2 min most of my summer just went down the drain. :argh: Not only that I need to hear about other teams this year in the playoffs and then to think about it next season too. At least the post game I'snt just them reshowing the goals over and over. :pray: Here is hoping the roster is good next year. Cant wait for FA month now.

Edited by NJDevils1214

Wrong. even if Marty isnt the answer they have a top notch prospect in Jeff Frazee.

And its reality check time, even though it stings and yes it stings for sure; Marty has brought us to the playoffs every year since the nineties. he will be back next year and hopefully 100% healthy

Ya this is true but he's the only one is the problem. Most systems have maybe 2 or 3 decent looking ones, im not counting caruso. At least we have that extra 3rd rounder this year to snab something. Where are you tedenby!?

O and I hope bergfors makes this team next year. Some youth to press our vets

I think Lou at least needs to explore trading Marty to see if someone will overpay (however Lou measures that). There has to be some team that is close enough and thinks he has enough left to give serious value in return but I don't see a 25 game playoff run in him anymore. I want to beleive he can but I don't.

So angry...how can they not keep that lead. What are they doing not clearing the puck at all in this series? Its just so depressing, I mean if they lost 4-0 again it wouldve been easier like someone said, but this is really the worst way to lose. Time to reevaluate some players on this team...Zubrus comes to mind.

and yeah, I understand that i'm probably very wrong for saying that right not but if you don't feel that way and this lose isn't the worst you've endurded since becoming a fan of this team than i question your pride.

I am stunned and as down right now as anyone, but this isn't the worst loss this franchise has had.

1994, 1997, 2001 come to mind just off the top of my head.

Zubrus is a fuking waste of money, ditto for Havelid, ditto Rolston (despite his scoring 1 goal in this game). This team needs scorers, period. As soon as they started sitting on their heels and the Canes went on, what seemed like a powerplay, with a little over a minute remaining I had a sickening feeling that Brodeur would let in 2 flukes and the team would cave in and go down the toilet.

I'm sorry. I've watched this team since '89 and cheered them on but this loss is a fuking embarrassment. To lose in this fashion in front of a home crowd is shameful.

I dont expect things to change because that would require Lou spending money. We'll probably just come back next year with the same group of guys and bow out in the first round once again. Hopefully next year we'll get blown out so i'm not left sitting on the edge of my seat until the very bitter end.

Corrente, Pelley, Bergsfor in for Holik Havelid (he was a rental) Rupp

Keep Shanahan if possible, he is so useful and wise (similar to Tommy A)

It will take a LONG time before I recover from this. Man, I feel so... empty. I couldn't believe my eyes when THAT happened. I could smell the 2nd round right there with a minute and a half left.

I feel bad for Shanny. He showed so much heart in this game and I think he was the only Devils forward I could say anything positive about after game 6. What a sad way to (probably) end your career. Just depressing...

Unbelievable... That's all I can say.

I will probably feel disgusted just looking at any NHL game the following week or so. Then, I'm gonna go back to watching, probably rooting for or against somebody. At least the Rangers and the Flyers are out, so I won't be frustrated with them going anywhere deeper. But that doesn't change anything in the way I feel about this loss. So fvcking heartbraking. I was so furious and full of hate for the Canes right after the game. Now I'd say I'm more depressed, just that. I'm thinking more about the Devils than Hurricanes or anything. So much great stuff happened during this season, so many great moments and that Carolina series itself was exciting like hell. God, why did it all end like this...

Brodeur is not and shouldn't be traded bite your friggin tongue for thinking that...still he should think about hanging up the skates sooner than later

When is Mason a FA over in CLB? lol....

I am positive the Jackets will keep Mason in the fold with a long-term deal.