GDT 4/28 Carolina vs New Jersey-Game 7.

Neutral Zone Trap

This team is screwed because outside of Zach Parise, no one can score.

It's full of overpaid players who dont perform in crunch time. That pretty much sums it up.

I've never seen a team meltdown like this, not even from the Jets (as an observer of course, thank God i'm a Giants fan).

I'm just stunned and in disbelief. To lose twice to the same team with under a minute remaining is rediculous. Brodeur obviously needs a young player behind him to light a fire under his ass. Frazee and Doyle are not it. We need our own version of Cam Ward and we need a goddam center who can scare the opposing team. That's in a pefect world. Truth is.. neither of that bullsh!t is going to happen because Lou is a tightwad and will choose to sign middle to lower tier free agents and overpay them and the rest of the team will play the "let Marty stand on his head" game and continue to lose these games.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not telling people how to feel, but when Devil fans bail on Brodeur, that looks really bad. It IS really bad.

I agree 100 percent.

Marty did not have a good game. But he was not the reason we're not winning the Cup this year.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

:pray: Here is hoping the roster is good next year. Cant wait for FA month now.

you might as well start praying to a Chia pet, cuz your wishes won't come true. Not with Lou at the helm. Mark my words, we'll return next year with the same exact team perhaps plus a castoff freeagent before the trade deadline.

Why, so we can lose in 6 games instead of 7?

San Jose's a worse choke job than us.

I disagree. The Sharks have a history of choking. We're the New Jersey Devils. We're the team that perfected the trap and p*ssed people off along the way. We're the team of the NHL's greatest goalie. We're the team that retired #4 and where he established his legacy. We're the team will Lou Lamoriello. Besides, we actually led the series at a couple points unlike San Jose. Also, San Jose didn't blow two games with under two minutes left in each one (0.2 to be more exact). We choked. Big time. But we're the Devils and next year people are going to write us off even more than usual. But we'll prove 'em wrong just like every time.

you might as well start praying to a Chia pet, cuz your wishes won't come true. Not with Lou at the helm. Mark my words, we'll return next year with the same exact team perhaps plus a castoff freeagent before the trade deadline.

Niedermayer leaves. Over-reaction? Malahkov and McGillis. FAIL.

Gomez leaves. Over-reaction? Zubrus to a 6 year deal. FAIL.

This year? Madden and Gionta leave, Lou signs Bill Guerin and Michael Peca to 8 year deals.

I agree 100 percent.

Marty did not have a good game. But he was not the reason we're not winning the Cup this year.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

Not sure it's bailing as much as being an astute guesser as to when its time for someone to move on. (Think of the Red Sox cutting bait with Pedro Martinez) I love the guy for all he's done but between the mileage on his body and the fact that he's accomplished probably everything he's wanted to (except Con Smythe)-I think if he waives his no trade and we can get a bunch of picks/ talented hungry young players, it's something to think about.

That said I don't see it happening.