GDT 4/28 Carolina vs New Jersey-Game 7.

Neutral Zone Trap

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white and mottau were pure sh!t...

I never want to see White's face for the rest of my life. I mean that. I can't stand him. I want him as far away from this team as humanly possible. I would trade him straight up right now for a bag of pucks. He is garbage!

I can't recall a time in my life where I have been at such a loss for words. I didn't even want to curse. I got into my car started it, started crying and not knowing what to think, such a disappointing way to end the playoffs, I expect/embrace big change this off season.

Watching it on TV, in the final five minutes it seemed to me like the fans in the stands were just as on edge about the outcome as was the team.

I expected to see the whole arena standing and cheering every good play the team made, like they had been doing at other arenas in the final minutes of other playoff series. But instead, all I saw was the lower bowl sitting and watching, quietly. As usual, I could hear some noise coming from the upper tiers, but the arena as a whole seemed pretty queit, as if they were too scared to cheer confidently.

Am I wrong?

lol, the funny thing about the last 5-6 minutes is I was up and cheering everything and I had been sullen in the other tight late games, fearing the loss. I really thought they had it... until that Zajac line shift started going to sh!t and whoever the fvck that was (thought it was Samsonov. guess it was Jokinen) starting camping out looking for cross-ice passes. then the sense of impending doom kicked in.

I am COMPLETELY F**KED OFF right now.

Those were the second longest 5 minutes of my life (apart from the Champions Leauge penalty shoot out between Manchester united and Chelsea, which also broke my heart).

I honnestly couldnt see us losing, i thought we were going to shut them down for that final sector .

It all feels like a bad dream.

this may have been brought up already, and i'm not just pinning the loss on him, but i think we may really be seeing the end of the brodeur era. the first and last goals he gave up were goals top goalies don't give up, especially in a game 7 at home. i'm not saying we need to replace marty next season, i'm just saying the era of his being a dominating goalie may be over.

and that breaks my heart.

this is going to be a very interesting summer. i think we are going to see a very different team next year.

Well its been around 12 hours since the lost, man I woke up earlier this morning and started to watch the game from 9:30am.. I still cant get over the lost.. still hurts... its been bothering me the whole day..

I mean we had the game in the bag .. 2 minutes to go.. then all of a sudden.. the biggest choke in Devils history..

And just like that, season over.. :(

Brodeur living up to be one of the best goalies in the game.. just by the last 2 minutes.. everything is changed..

TOTAL MASSACRE

I don't think i can EVER get over this!

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

I am COMPLETELY F**KED OFF right now.

Those were the second longest 5 minutes of my life (apart from the Champions Leauge penalty shoot out between Manchester united and Chelsea, which also broke my heart).

For me, on the other hand, it seemed like a blink of an eye... I was already smelling that 2nd round and a moment later I was just... stunned. After that first goal I was like "oh no, here we go again... where does this game go now?". Pissed and sad, but I was setting myself for an OT ("oh man, game 7 OT, does it get any more dramatic"). And then Staal scored and I was like "WTF?". I was just speechless, everything I could mumble was "unbelievable"... And that expression on Marty's face under the mask and in his eyes... It was telling you everything.

This is officially the 2nd toughest loss I've ever had to endure. The only thing worse than that was when my Wisla narrowly failed to advance to the Champions' League, losing to Panathinaikos in extra time.

The game ended after 4 am and I was still sitting in front of my PC an hour later, still not believeing in what happened, reading forums and stuff. Then I went to bed, where I couldn't fall asleep until about 6 am. In the morning my mother wakes me up before going to work and asks me "did the Devils advance?". My first thoughts were "oh no, why did I have to wake up and get back to reality again...". The worst part about losses like that is probably the day after, when you can't stop thinking about it and you feel so depressed. And the saddest thing is we'll have to wait until October for another Devils game. :saddevil: And at least a year for another playoff game... Kill me now. :evilcry:

Watching it on TV, in the final five minutes it seemed to me like the fans in the stands were just as on edge about the outcome as was the team.

I expected to see the whole arena standing and cheering every good play the team made, like they had been doing at other arenas in the final minutes of other playoff series. But instead, all I saw was the lower bowl sitting and watching, quietly. As usual, I could hear some noise coming from the upper tiers, but the arena as a whole seemed pretty queit, as if they were too scared to cheer confidently.

Am I wrong?

You're not wrong, no. I, for one, was certainly pretty nervous. I think there was uneasiness throughout the building those last few minutes. And the last 1:20 showed why.

The worst part about losses like that is probably the day after, when you can't stop thinking about it and you feel so depressed. And the saddest thing is we'll have to wait until October for another Devils game. :saddevil: And at least a year for another playoff game... Kill me now. :evilcry:

My thoughts the same.

I just read in the newspaper, that Langenbrunner had fvcking surgery on his knee 11 days ago..and that still didn't stop him from getting back in the game and scoring a goal. This team not only let the fans down, they also let their captain down. I wish I could just move on from the lose last night, but i'm still so pissed. We should've had Carolina. It was our team to respectively beat. Just like the Bruins were supposed to beat the Canadiens. Just like the Caps were supposed to beat the Rangers, and Just like the Pens were supposed to beat the Flyers.

this is going to be a very interesting summer. i think we are going to see a very different team next year.

Sadly, I think there isn't going to be much of a change. :saddevil: Lou will try to re-sign his UFAs and Zajac plus someone will go (I'd rather let Madden go and focus on signing Oduya, but I have a feeling Johnny will go somewhere else and Lou will re-sign Mad Dog) and that will be it. I'm in a mood where I'd trade half of this team right now, but I don't really expect a revolution and I'm afraid we're going to see pretty much the same crew in October, minus maybe Shanny, Holik and, like I said, Oduya. Not sure what I think about Gionta though, maybe I'd let him go just to change something, but I honestly don't know what Lou is going to do about him.

Edited by Revan

I just wanted to say when I looked at the board just now there were 666 posts in this thread.

I was listening on the radio feed because I don't get them on TV, and I gotta say I was just numb when they tied it; to the point that I couldn't even react when they took the lead.

I guess on some level I wasn't surprised. There were just too many instances in this series where plays were made that teams set to go deep in the playoffs just don't make.

Changes? Let's start with the mindset. "let Marty win it" doesn't work and hasn't for some time now. Marty's still a premeir goaltender but he's not the legend they seem to think he is. He needs some help, and they need to step up the defensive presence.

I just wanted to say when I looked at the board just now there were 666 posts in this thread.

I was listening on the radio feed because I don't get them on TV, and I gotta say I was just numb when they tied it; to the point that I couldn't even react when they took the lead.

I guess on some level I wasn't surprised. There were just too many instances in this series where plays were made that teams set to go deep in the playoffs just don't make.

Changes? Let's start with the mindset. "let Marty win it" doesn't work and hasn't for some time now. Marty's still a premeir goaltender but he's not the legend they seem to think he is. He needs some help, and they need to step up the defensive presence.

Not sure the radio guys could have done it justice, it was that bad, T-Devils style when they stop playing and the wheels fall off with about 1:30 to go.

I'm still in stunned disbelief but there is something that I need to get out of my chest. It might be popular with some and might not be with others but this is the forum to say it. The Devils are turning into the NHL version of the Braves and Yankees. A somewhat over-hyped mediocre team that can have a tremendous and sometimes dominating regular season that cant get it done in the playoffs. Carolina wanted it more, not to say that the Devils didnt want it but Carolina was hungry for win while the Devs were playing countdown to the second round and got burned.

I'm still in stunned disbelief but there is something that I need to get out of my chest. It might be popular with some and might not be with others but this is the forum to say it. The Devils are turning into the NHL version of the Braves and Yankees. A somewhat over-hyped mediocre team that can have a tremendous and sometimes dominating regular season that cant get it done in the playoffs. Carolina wanted it more, not to say that the Devils didnt want it but Carolina was hungry for win while the Devs were playing countdown to the second round and got burned.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I"M FLIPPING OUT AT YOU PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THE DEVILS WEREN"T HUNGRY...WHERE WAS THAT?!!?! how is that evident.

jesus christ.

I saw a team that was hungry as helllllllll to win. This team simply wasn't talented enough to pull it off.

They weren't.

They, as a team, are soooo close to getting over that hump.

Why, when they lose, does it have to be a hunger issue? It's a ridiclous argument.

They weren't playing countdown AT ALL.

They didn't have the crunch time horses on the backend. Would you step back and look at the D, and realize MIKE MOTTAU AND COLIN WHITE were our shutdown pair...you get a pretty good idea of why this team couldn't close it out. Nothing to do with heart. To say Havelid, Mottau and White didn't have the heart back there is a joke. The talent, brains? You can argue about that.

The only person that stopped for any second in the series was Brodeur with 1 second left in game 4.

But stop with the heart sh!t.

Edited by HellOnICE

I'm not even convinced of that...I think they just were just mispaired and mismatched. Colin White played a good series for Colin White...how much more do you want Colin White to do against Erik Staal. You need show horses to shut down a show horse. Colin White ain't no Show Horse.

I'm not even convinced of that...I think they just were just mispaired and mismatched. Colin White played a good series for Colin White...how much more do you want Colin White to do against Erik Staal. You need show horses to shut down a show horse. Colin White ain't no Show Horse.

I agree with you on that. I'm talking individually as opposed to defensive pairings.

As far as the team having heart, the Devs had the heart to win but didnt have the heart to close it out. But we can agree to disagree.

Edited by njdevils2003champs