Lamoriello: Devils won't be able to re-sign all of their UFA.

SatansDevils

So this Devils team will look some what different next season. Bye-bye Havelid, Rupp, Weekes, Holik and maybe Shannahan. Possibly either Gionta or Madden, but would like to have both back.

Lamoriello: Devils won't be able to re-sign all of their unrestricted free agents

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello recognizes that the team has some unrestricted free agents that have been with the team for a long time, such as John Madden and Brian Gionta, and would like to re-sign them.

He didn't mention any player by name, though.

"I haven't had a chance to sit down and talk to them and we don't talk during the season, but we have more than a couple unrestricted free agents that have been an integral part of this team and we have to do everything we can to keep them if possible," Lamoriello said. "It still comes down to being able to afford certain situations under different circumstances, but you never lose what these players gave this year and what they have given. Everything will be addressed and very methodically looked at and we'll see."

Lamoriello admitted that he won't be able to re-sign all of the team's unrestricted free agents, though.

"We have a lot of unrestricted free agents," Lamoriello said. "I would be impossible for us to have all of our unrestricted free agents back whether we wanted to or didn't want to. That's the only way I can answer that question."

Edited by SatansDevils

Good!!!

And next time don't trade for a shot blocking D when your arrogant goalie pisses and moans about blocked shots too!!

You guys can stop fantasizing about Jay-Bo now though :P

So this Devils team will look some what different next season. Bye-bye Havelid, Rupp, Weekes, Holik and maybe Shannahan. Possibly either Gionta or Madden, but would like to have both back.

Lamoriello: Devils won't be able to re-sign all of their unrestricted free agents

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

He shouldnt want most of them back.

"we have more than a couple unrestricted free agents that have been an integral part of this team and we have to do everything we can to keep them if possible"

which basically means things will be the same next year, losing in round one with the same group of core players, plus or minus a lousy defenseman he picks up on the cheap right before the deadline. :koolaid:

"we have more than a couple unrestricted free agents that have been an integral part of this team and we have to do everything we can to keep them if possible"

IMO, that could mean re-signing Madden, Gionta and Oduya. Maybe Clemmensen if no other team wants him as a starter. Just have a feeling there will be some team grabbing Clemmensen as their starter..

Can we give the proverbial good-bye to Havelid, Rupp, Weekes, Holik and Gionta and/or Madden. How about Ba-Ba-Bowumester and Martin Havalt????

Players like Bouwmeester and Havlat would require $$$ ... ain't gonna happen. Not when Lou has that money tied up with players like White, Zubrus, and Rolston.

Lou is also reserving whatever money he has to players like Madden, Gionta, and Havelid. He's in love with the idea that the show will never end with the same group of players that won him Cups in '95 and '03. Every year it's basically the same group of players and every year we get the same results...great regular season followed by first-round exit.

The Devils are a mess. After that putrid game the other night it was evident. This team has alot of class, but no heart when it counts the most. Scott Stevens' retirement took care of that...

Players like Bouwmeester and Havlat would require $$$ ... ain't gonna happen. Not when Lou has that money tied up with players like White, Zubrus, and Rolston.

Lou is also reserving whatever money he has to players like Madden, Gionta, and Havelid. He's in love with the idea that the show will never end with the same group of players that won him Cups in '95 and '03. Every year it's basically the same group of players and every year we get the same results...great regular season followed by first-round exit.

The Devils are a mess. After that putrid game the other night it was evident. This team has alot of class, but no heart when it counts the most. Scott Stevens' retirement took care of that...

Seriously shut the fvck up about the heart stuff. Get a life. What, every team that doesn't win the Cup has no heart when it counts the most?

It's going to be another off season of patch work and plug in's. Lou needs to go get this team WHAT WE NEED.

Good is not good enough when better is expected right?

So how many first round exits with the same dead weight is enough before it's made BETTER?

Seriously shut the fvck up about the heart stuff. Get a life. What, every team that doesn't win the Cup has no heart when it counts the most?

here we go with the forum gestapo...fvck off.

They didnt show much heart to me when they sat back and allowed the Canes to take control of the game with less than 2 minutes remaining...up by a goal and losing in the manner in which they did. It was a disgrace.

here we go with the forum gestapo...fvck off.

They didnt show much heart to me when they sat back and allowed the Canes to take control of the game with less than 2 minutes remaining...up by a goal and losing in the manner in which they did. It was a disgrace.

Goddamn right, it's the gestapo. You know what's a disgrace? Idiot fans who blame everything on heart, and can't accept the fact they just weren't the better team.

You think they said "come on carolina, come on in"...or maybe they just got beat because Staal, Whitney and Cole were better than our guys on the ice at that given moment.

It wasn't a disgrace. It was a loss.

Losing sucks, it's not a disgrace.

IMO, Oduya and Zajac (RFA) are the only ones that we need to re-sign. Everyone else is expendable. In fact, the fewer people we re-sign, the better. This locker room needs new blood in a bad way. On top of that, pull some Malakhov magic and find a way to make Pandolfo's contract disappear. Free up as much money as possible to get Elias some talent to work with on that second line. Put Zubrus on the third line with Rolston.

We need three scoring lines. No more of this Madden-Pandolfo checking line bullsh!t. That ship has sailed. Three scoring lines and one line that can put people on their @sses. The Devils relied too heavily on Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner this season and Elias-Zubrus-Gionta was far too inconsistent to provide relief.

Three. Scoring. Lines. Make it happen, Lou.

IMO, Oduya and Zajac (RFA) are the only ones that we need to re-sign. Everyone else is expendable. In fact, the fewer people we re-sign, the better. This locker room needs new blood in a bad way. On top of that, pull some Malakhov magic and find a way to make Pandolfo's contract disappear. Free up as much money as possible to get Elias some talent to work with on that second line. Put Zubrus on the third line with Rolston.

We need three scoring lines. No more of this Madden-Pandolfo checking line bullsh!t. That ship has sailed. Three scoring lines and one line that can put people on their @sses. The Devils relied too heavily on Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner this season and Elias-Zubrus-Gionta was far too inconsistent to provide relief.

Three. Scoring. Lines. Make it happen, Lou.

Very well put my friend. Hopefully young guys like Bergfors, Pelley, and my darkhorse to make the team Zharkov can come in and provide a different angle up front. It is painfully obvious that this team needs to roll 3 scoring lines and a solid fourth line. The Devils were at their best this year when they didn't line match too. I appreciate what guys like Pandolfo and Madden have done, always will, but at the end of the day we have to move on and adapt to the league.

Hopefully with the young guys coming up, Lou can work some magic free agent wise (although I am still not sure who yet) or perhaps a trade (also not sure). There are a lot of options available and I hope Lou does his best.

Very well put my friend. Hopefully young guys like Bergfors, Pelley, and my darkhorse to make the team Zharkov can come in and provide a different angle up front. It is painfully obvious that this team needs to roll 3 scoring lines and a solid fourth line. The Devils were at their best this year when they didn't line match too. I appreciate what guys like Pandolfo and Madden have done, always will, but at the end of the day we have to move on and adapt to the league.

Hopefully with the young guys coming up, Lou can work some magic free agent wise (although I am still not sure who yet) or perhaps a trade (also not sure). There are a lot of options available and I hope Lou does his best.

Absolutely. This is Bergfors' year. I wouldn't mind seeing him on that second line with Elias and a center to be named later for an extended look at what this kid can really do.

Madden and Pando were a integral part of this team for many, many years. Watching them in their prime shutting down the league's top stars was a thing of beauty, and we were lucky to have seen it. But the game has changed and you simply cannot have two guys with zero stick skills getting third line minutes. Watching them piss away all of the opportunities that Shanahan single-handedly orchestrated in the playoffs was beyond frustrating.

Absolutely. This is Bergfors' year. I wouldn't mind seeing him on that second line with Elias and a center to be named later for an extended look at what this kid can really do.

Madden and Pando were a integral part of this team for many, many years. Watching them in their prime shutting down the league's top stars was a thing of beauty, and we were lucky to have seen it. But the game has changed and you simply cannot have two guys with zero stick skills getting third line minutes. Watching them piss away all of the opportunities that Shanahan single-handedly orchestrated in the playoffs was beyond frustrating.

I really feel that it would be best to use Bergfors on that line with Elias. It gives him a chance after a strong year in the AHL to prove what he can do with legitimate minutes and a gifted player in Elias. I like Gionta, and appreciate what he has done, but using Bergfors in his role shouldn't negatively impact the offense and it saves money so Lou can go out and get that center or a defenseman. Right now I see the top 6 being something like:

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-X-Bergfors

Though I suppose there is a chance Elias moves back to center.

Yes it was. If you don't think that game 7 loss is disgraceful then you've become like a desensitized lamegers fan accepting mediocrity and excusing bad play.

And that game 6 shutout loss is equally disgusting. They had the chance to close them out and didn't. no heart, no killer instinct...you're never gonna go far in the post season w/ a bunch of gutless pukes!!!

I'm sorry but after being at that last game, I don't think I will pay money to attend another game until this team goes through a major shakeup, or at least gets a player that will actually make a difference. A POSITIVE difference.

Your starting to sound like a real spoiled brat. Like this organization personally owes you a Stanley Cup.

We're all upset.

But, there were plenty of POSITIVE things that easily gave you your money's worth this season.

1.) Brodeur record - something that likey won't be broken until you have grandkids

2.) Parise's Goal Record - tell me that's not Positive?

3.) Elias Franchise record

4.) Clemmensen finally getting his chance to prove his success.

5.) A competitive team EVERY NIGHT with a good shot at the playoffs.

That's a lot right there, and if you don't believe it...try being a Kings fan, because you won't get nearly that back for your $.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to be upset or devastated. The loss was disaterous of course - but there those that take it to far with the "Temper tantrum" thing.

Out: Madden, Holik, Rupp, Havelid, Weekes, Gionta (if a solid UFA comes the other way)

Re-sign: Clemmensen, Oduya, Shanahan (he's the one vet I really liked these playoffs, I hope he stays)

I'd trade Zubrus and Rolston for a bag of pucks and a draft pick just for the sake of freeing up cap space for UFA signings, but I know it's not going to happen. I think they might actually work on some teams and there are always crazy GMs who might even take their salary, but Lou isn't going to look for a buyer.

Goddamn right, it's the gestapo. You know what's a disgrace? Idiot fans who blame everything on heart, and can't accept the fact they just weren't the better team.

You think they said "come on carolina, come on in"...or maybe they just got beat because Staal, Whitney and Cole were better than our guys on the ice at that given moment.

Losing is not a disgrace. Losing in the manner we did after what we accomplished in the regular season is however a disgrace.

This is a team that was "supposed" to fall apart after Brodeur went down with his injury only they did the opposite. This is a team who's goalie rattled off 8 straight wins after coming back from injury. This is a team that won a franchise record 51 games in the regular season. This is a team that won ANOTHER division crown.

This team SHOULD have swept the fvcking hurricanes. Instead they beat themselves. Just like the last 2 early playoff series this team lost becuase it has no heart, and no killer instinct. Are you honestly sitting there and telling me there is no trouble in hooville? Are you honestly telling me that This team had all the fire and energy of a championship style team and that the hurricanes just had more fire and energy then us? If thats what you think then you must have been watching a different series then the rest of us. This loss was completely the Devils fault. If they played the way they played after Marty went down this series would have been a minor blip on the radar and they would be well on thier way to a second round playoff series.

You are 100% wrong my friend. This loss WAS a disgrace. This is not some regular playoff loss. This is a one of the largest fvcking collapses in our teams history.

Dude you are just FLAT OUT WRONG!!!!! I cannot beleive that you honestly think Carolina is the "better team" I am sick and tired of hearing that. they were not the better team. I already explained that in another thread. This Devils team for whatever reason did not bring the A game playoff intensity and drive that it needed to win this series. This team was the better team, but did not show it this series. Again I will sasay as I did in other threads, if this Devils team played Carolina a month and a half ago, they win this series EASILY IN 5 GAMES!!! Caolina was not better we just did not play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and take your gestapo crap somewhere else, it doesnt work with me.

I think the only UFAs we need need to resign are Clemmer/Weekes, Shanny (if he doesn't retire- and wants a deal like last year)- Gio and Oduya we could resign depending on how high the price goes.

Kind of off-topic but what kind of numbers would one estimate Bergfors putting up if he played on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th line.