Sign in to follow this  
Beezer34

...the scorn of the opinionated

Over the last couple days, (reading these posts) there are 3 sets of fans that I have noticed seeping through the cracks here... and on the other Devil boards aswell. `FAN#1: The Blow Up the whole team/Management sucks approach. (Mindless Rebels) `FAN#2: The Lou is Flawless/Marty is Faultless attitude. (Kool-Aid

Edited by Beezer34

The biggest problem this team has is Zubrus, and I think if Langs didn't get hurt we would have won in 6.

You all realize Salvador, who played very well, got hurt as well, and that hurt. Sure Greene assisted on a game winner but he doesn't make good decisions most of the time, and he's beyond awful at keeping the puck in the zone.

Thinking to next season, we'll need a replacement for Shanahan. Rolston is ok in a limited role, but I don't know where to put him. He can't be on the top two lines and he can't be on a checking line, but the fourth line isn't so bad.

Edited by Cowutopia

I ignore 90% of the people on here because they are 17 years old or younger, and have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what New Jersey Devils hockey is about. With that being said, they have the mentality of children and with every postseason blunder by the Devils they cry out from the rooftops to trade everyone, Marty sucks, Sutter should move back to Canada, Lou should be fired, etc, etc. In short, this team needs a semi overhaul. We could use some fresh blood from Lowell to improve our offensive game (hungry, younger forwards), and possibly our defensive as well. The defensive corps definitely needs a revamping; whether it be the FA route, or bringing up guys from within our system. I think the only people who definitely have jobs going into next season are Martin, Oduya, and White. (even though his play has slipped significantly and he did not have the best postseason, he makes too much and LL will keep him) The other spots may be up for grabs. Martin is Martin. He will be back for next year and hopefully plays well. I have no problem with him starting 68-70 games. Marty realistically could play 79-80 games, but it is not in the best interest of the team. I say let Marty play about 68 and give Clemmer the remaining 14 starts. 2009-2010 will be an interesting season for sure....

Over the last couple days, (reading these posts) there are 3 sets of fans that I have noticed seeping through the cracks here... and on the other Devil boards aswell. `FAN#1: The Blow Up the whole team/Management sucks approach. (Mindless Rebels) `FAN#2: The Lou is Flawless/Marty is Faultless attitude. (Kool-Aid