The Movies thread!

CRASHER

So...might as well kick off the best thing to get people who hate the beach through the summer :P

Who's seen Wolverine yet??

It was good... no Dark Knight, and no Iron Man, but from what I've been told (I read the other guy's comics)... it was pretty accurate and kinda fun too (Iron Man was more fun)

though the seen after the end credits sucked and wasn't worth not running to the bathroom for!! :rant:

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolverine was alright, saw it at the 1st midnight show. Exactly what I expected: an entertaining way to burn an hour and a half.

There aren't a ton of movies I'm looking forward to this summer though. I'll be seeing Star Trek next weekend, but I definitely can't wait to check out Drag Me to Hell.

State of Play was pretty cool I gotta say

I'm anxious to see T-4, while Transformers II and Star Trek scare the hell out of me... I grew up watching the old series 6pm Saturday Nights (even though that damned awful Apollo episode seemed to be on every other week) on a 10" black and white TV with tin foil on the rabbit ear antennas... and to see if they butcher that like some of the movies have done lately (yes I'm looking at YOU Michael Bay!)

I just hope it's done RIGHT

Observe And Report was pretty hilarious. On the funny scale, I'd put it ahead of I Love You Man but not as funny as Role Models.

the ongoing storyline with the flasher dude and how they took care of him at the end was pure hilarity!!!

I barely know what's coming out this summer. Sad.

I know I'm going to be seeing Angels & Demons at some point, and I just learned that there's a second Night at the Museum, so I'm sure myself and Amanda will be taking her son to that.

Beyond that, I don't even know what's on the slate that I'd care about this year.

the ongoing storyline with the flasher dude and how they took care of him at the end was pure hilarity!!!

haha Yeah. It was kinda weird how the action sequences were probably the funniest parts of the movie.

district 9 ftw

Saw the trailer with Wolverine. I like the idea, but I have to say, the trailer was kind of lame.

haha Yeah. It was kinda weird how the action sequences were probably the funniest parts of the movie.

Danny McBride's cameo was pure win in that movie.

Would like to see a trailer for James Cameron's Avatar at some point.

yeah true

and Ray Loita was quite funny in it too!

Here's a couple that look good to me:

Disctrict 9 - I hadn't even heard of it until TK mentioned it. The trailer looks pretty cool to me.

Public Enemies - A John Dillinger movie? Sign me up. And when Johnny Depp isn't doing kiddy flicks, he pretty much never misses.

Give 'Em Hell, Malone - This has gotta be the most violent movie trailer I've ever seen.

Tyson - Looks really interesting.

And of course, movies like Inglourious Basterds and Terminator: Salvation. I'm just too lazy to link their trailers too.

If Arnold doesn't make some sort of appearance in Terminator I will be utterly disappointed.

the way the movie MUST end (or have a scene near the end... this movie is a lot like Revenge of the Sith, you pretty much know what's gonna happen... it's the how they get there that matters)... Arnold has to make SOME kinf of appearance... making him look 25 years younger... not so easy

Um... http://www.variety.com/VR1118002743.html

Add that to the list of huge problems I have with this movie.

Ah boooo

the way the movie MUST end (or have a scene near the end... this movie is a lot like Revenge of the Sith, you pretty much know what's gonna happen... it's the how they get there that matters)... Arnold has to make SOME kinf of appearance... making him look 25 years younger... not so easy

Thats the whole magic of the movies though! Give him some shades and his terminator outfit and he would look fine.

Public Enemies= Johnny Depp, Channing Tatum, and Christian Bale :wub:

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus- interested to see this (if it's released in the US)...Heath Ledger was in the middle of filming it when he died but the director reworked the script so that the parts he filmed could still be used, and Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Collin Farrell joined the cast to help finish it

I think this will be a very disappointing blockbuster season. It certainly got off to a bad start with Wolverine, which I thought kinda sucked. The only movies I'm really looking forward to this summer are Star Trek, Public Enemies and Up (Pixar never lets me down). Transformers 2 will basically the same as the first, which means more lame and infantile humor. I haven't decided on Terminator 4 yet. The trailer looks promising and it features Christian Bale, but it is a scary thought that we have to depend on McG to save the summer season...

I think this will be a very disappointing blockbuster season. It certainly got off to a bad start with Wolverine, which I thought kinda sucked. The only movies I'm really looking forward to this summer are Star Trek, Public Enemies and Up (Pixar never lets me down). Transformers 2 will basically the same as the first, which means more lame and infantile humor. I haven't decided on Terminator 4 yet. The trailer looks promising and it features Christian Bale, but it is a scary thought that we have to depend on McG to save the summer season...

Yeah but there is Megan Fox on it.

This years is being slow to me to get any interest in movies, nothing good right now, nothing interistting from Brazil either.

My take on some of the movies I've seen trailers for:

Wolverine : I think I've seen all three of the original X-Men movies, but I'm not a crazy fanboy, so I really could care less how Wolverine got his claws. That being said, this is one of two popcorn movies I will see, simply because that "KER-CHING" sound of metal of flesh makes me happy. Like 13 year old kid playing with Legos happy.

T-4 - I've decided Christian Bale has as much charm as a bouquet of dead roses but that wont stop me from making this the other popcorn movie I see this summer. Things will go BOOM and that, again, will make me happy.

Public Enemies - This looks like a good one but enough with Bale. Again, I saw him for exactly 3 seconds in the trailer but he does nothing but bring stomach acid up from the back of my throat. I'm really beginning to dislike this guy. That aside, Johnny Depp is amazing in pretty much everything he does not involving Tim Burton. Slowly step away from Tim Burton, Johnny...thats it...I'd rather watch you for 20 minutes in Chocolat than 2 hours of Sweeny Todd. As for the movie, I'm a sucker for 30's era gangster films, so I might go out to see this one.

Give 'Em Hell, Malone - Wow...Kill Bill meets Snatch meets...uh...every tough guy film made in the 70's. Yeah, like DiG said, one of the most violent trailers I've ever seen. Not sure what to make of this one yet...this one might go straight to Netflix.

Star Trek - This one will be so rotten, it's going to spread swine flu to everyone in the theater. Yes! Flu from pigs!! Stay away at all costs!

Inglourious Basterds - Tarantino tries his hand at WWII and who knows what the outcome will be. Let's just hope it's more Pulp Fiction than Grindhouse. I'll probably see this one as I'm a Tarantino fanboy but his biggest strength is creating fantasitc characters and rich dialouge. I'm hoping the WWII setting doesn't hold him back in that regard. Haven't seen the trailer yet (cursed work computer) but I'll have a better feel for it once I do.

I thought the Wolverine movie was pretty good. It's no Dark Knight or Watchmen, but hell, what is? It's a good popcorn flick. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, I almost wish I was a little more into the X-Men so I woulda understood half of the mutants they tried squeezing into this movie. From what I understand, they made one character up just so they could give the dude from Black Eyed Peas a role, and that's kinda cheesy.

But, all in all, an entertaining flick.