The Movies thread!

CRASHER

Saw a bootleg of The Hangover and laughed my ass off. Unfortunately it cut off before the credits so I've gotta see it again.

Also saw Land Of The Lost. It was more of a kids movie than I expected. It was OK. Not bad, not great, just OK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no one here saw or wanted to comment on Transformers 2??

I thought it was wayyyy better then the first, though they still give Sam wayyyyyy too much air time in this damn movie :P

Transformers 2 was a good movie, I think there were some unnecessary stuff that dragged it out longer than it had to be, but it was still good. My biggest complaint was that it was ridiculously excessively LOUD! I don't know if it was like that for everyone, but man I felt like my ears were bleeding as I walked out of the theater.

Even though I hated the first one, I saw Transformers 2 yesterday. In my opinion it is even worse than the first one. Every character (man or robot) is so annoying and the humor is lame and childish. The CGI was ok I guess, but not enough to save the movie. And to think it lasted two and a half hours!!! Why Michael Bay is still allowed to keep making movies is beyond me. He can lick Devastator's balls.

Edited by Atterr

Transformers 2 was pretty much just as dumb as the first one but I still thought it met my expectations as looking cool at times.

It has a huge issue in that the main characters are basically fillers until we get to the stuff we want to see. I wish Sam and almost every human in the movie died because I hate them and the transformers are the only halfway interesting things in the movie.

All the humor flopped for me and it's probably an hour longer than it should be.

Transformers 2 was pretty much just as dumb as the first one but I still thought it met my expectations as looking cool at times.

It has a huge issue in that the main characters are basically fillers until we get to the stuff we want to see. I wish Sam and almost every human in the movie died because I hate them and the transformers are the only halfway interesting things in the movie.

All the humor flopped for me and it's probably an hour longer than it should be.

Kinda hit my feel on it... it was better then the first... and why?? Less annoying teen trying to get laid... MORE ROBOTS!!! The scene with the mom stoned... needed to be the on editing room floor :P

and it still kinda pisses me off what they did and how they pissed on the whole original concept of the thing (not as bad as the Tim Burton Batman movies :P)... but still.... I need to get my anniversary DVD back of the REAL movie to cleanse the pallet :P

Kinda hit my feel on it... it was better then the first... and why?? Less annoying teen trying to get laid... MORE ROBOTS!!! The scene with the mom stoned... needed to be the on editing room floor :P

and it still kinda pisses me off what they did and how they pissed on the whole original concept of the thing (not as bad as the Tim Burton Batman movies :P)... but still.... I need to get my anniversary DVD back of the REAL movie to cleanse the pallet :P

Yeah, this time around it was 'annoying decepticon trying to hump Megan Fox'

Yeah, this time around it was 'annoying decepticon trying to hump Megan Fox'

Actually the Bay Wheelie was less annoying then the original :P

I'll take Hangover over Superbad and give it a push to Borat and they all crush Bruno.

Bruno disappointed me even after I had lowered my expectations based on the reviews. It was too staged and hit the same note too many times for me. It wasn't a bad movie but even with it's short running time I was getting a little bored.

Public Enemies disappointed me. Extremely average movie all around. Maybe that's what I get for having high expectations, but I really felt like with this story and this cast it could have been way better.

I heard it wasn't that great of a movie. I'm not sure if I should wait for it to be on ON DEMAND or not.

In other movie news, HARRY POTTER was fvcking fantastic. I don't care what anyone says..... it was brilliant.

Public Enemies disappointed me. Extremely average movie all around. Maybe that's what I get for having high expectations, but I really felt like with this story and this cast it could have been way better.

I heard it wasn't that great of a movie. I'm not sure if I should wait for it to be on ON DEMAND or not.

In other movie news, HARRY POTTER was fvcking fantastic. I don't care what anyone says..... it was brilliant.

It was decent.. I mean obviously details were left out and it really is nothing like reading the book, but all in all it got a lot of the emotion across and this book was certainly full of it.. You really see the characters come of age in this one and you realize that this battle against the dark wizards is deeper than the first 5 led you to believe.. It's "The Empire Strikes Back" if you will

• 2 weeks later...

That's funny, I had the exact same reaction to Public Enemies, which I just saew last night. I posted a full review in the other movie thread but the above sums up my feelings almost too perfectly.

I feel like the rut of the movie season is totally there.... there just seems to be nothing I wanna see...

the Propsal??? :rofl: not after living the failed director's cut :P

Funny Guys... looks amusing... but still... I have the feeling it's gonna be more estrogen and mush then fun movie

maybe GI Joe won't be horrible... yay....

I feel like the rut of the movie season is totally there.... there just seems to be nothing I wanna see...

the Propsal??? :rofl: not after living the failed director's cut :P

Funny Guys... looks amusing... but still... I have the feeling it's gonna be more estrogen and mush then fun movie

maybe GI Joe won't be horrible... yay....

No, GI Joe is going to be horrible. Then again, I said the same thing about Star Trek and it got great reviews, so what do I know...

As for upcoming movies, it is looking pretty bleak. District 9 is coming in a couple of weeks and the latest trailers have peaked my interest some, but I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to see it. Other than that, there is a surprising lack of cool summer movies for August.

500 Days of Summer and Away We Go would be good options if you're looking for a date movie that wont make you cringe.

Also, I'm all in for Funny People. While I'm not raising my expectations too high for it, I have faith it's going to be a good one. I'll just have to swallow my hatred for Johan Hill and I'll be fine. God, I hate him...

No, GI Joe is going to be horrible. Then again, I said the same thing about Star Trek and it got great reviews, so what do I know...

As for upcoming movies, it is looking pretty bleak. District 9 is coming in a couple of weeks and the latest trailers have peaked my interest some, but I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to see it. Other than that, there is a surprising lack of cool summer movies for August.

500 Days of Summer and Away We Go would be good options if you're looking for a date movie that wont make you cringe.

Also, I'm all in for Funny People. While I'm not raising my expectations too high for it, I have faith it's going to be a good one. I'll just have to swallow my hatred for Johan Hill and I'll be fine. God, I hate him...

As a kid who grew up watching Star Trek on Channel 11 with a crappy TV using tin foil antenna... I was SCARED TO DEATH over Star Trek... it ended up being the best movie of the summer!! The bar is low for GI Joe, and the Baroness looks HOT..... so there is some hope....

I think I am starting to see TOO MUCH of District 9 and I think the suspense would have been a better way to go with it (like the Matrix hype back in the day)

I'm looking for a date movie about as much as a date :P... I just wanted the cheap shot at the Proposal coming out at the WORST possible time :rant:

I just hope funny people stays FUNNY and doesn't obsess too much on the love story