No Respect

DevsChamps3x

Out of curiosity what does everyone think about Barry Melrose in general and his comments regarding Ovetchkin. I think frankly Barry is a fat bastard who only talks about west coast hockey because the east is too "defensive mind" oriented for him. Frankly Stan Fischler in my oppinion pisses me off more then any other commentator to walk the face of the earth. Maybe because he tells it like it is haha. I would just like to hear your oppinions.

One more thing, do you rem. Barry's comments about newark... http://withleather.uproxx.com/2007/11/barr...ates-new-jersey

a$$hole.

Discuss.

...wayyy old news. Article's date was 11.7.07. He was taken to the arena and given some pretty good treatment by Vanderbeek and he publicly apologized.

But I just think Melrose has never been that great a broadcaster and his coaching stint this year just added to some of his idiocy, especially for that of the East coast. I'm able to ignore it because i don't watch hockey on ESPN.

Edited by DevilNurn

...wayyy old news. Article's date was 11.7.07. He was taken to the arena and given some pretty good treatment by Vanderbeek and he publicly apologized.

He said "do you remember" so he is aware it is an old article and isn't presenting it as something new.

He said "do you remember" so he is aware it is an old article and isn't presenting it as something new.

Yeah I kind of realized that, but still kind of kept it in just because it is a pretty different atmosphere. I know he wasn't presenting it as new.

I walked into my room a few days ago and ESPN America was on... It was a commercial break and they were showing the last seconds of this year's Devils game 7 with Chico saying that's one of the worst playoff losses he's ever seen or stuff like that. And then Barry Melrose shows up with his stupid smirk saying: "Who's world will end next? Watch NHL Playoffs on ESPN America". I almost puked in my mouth.

I walked into my room a few days ago and ESPN America was on... It was a commercial break and they were showing the last seconds of this year's Devils game 7 with Chico saying that's one of the worst playoff losses he's ever seen or stuff like that. And then Barry Melrose shows up with his stupid smirk saying: "Who's world will end next? Watch NHL Playoffs on ESPN America". I almost puked in my mouth.

Nice. So he made a promo for hockey based on losing not winning.

Out of curiosity what does everyone think about Barry Melrose in general and his comments regarding Ovetchkin. I think frankly Barry is a fat bastard who only talks about west coast hockey because the east is too "defensive mind" oriented for him. Frankly Stan Fischler in my oppinion pisses me off more then any other commentator to walk the face of the earth. Maybe because he tells it like it is haha. I would just like to hear your oppinions.

One more thing, do you rem. Barry's comments about newark... http://withleather.uproxx.com/2007/11/barr...ates-new-jersey

a$$hole.

Discuss.

box247.jpg

He has a nice accent, but yeah if you can't coach hockey well why should I listen to you when you analyze games? Obv. the things he think are BS.. and that's a cheap stab at the Devils.. I happen to love the Newark arena and think it's doing wonders for the city and NJ hockey

yeah, well I can kinda agree with Barry a touch. The arena is very nice, everything coast a million bucks but its nice.

Newark...hm, not so much...

I've lived in 3 of the 5 boroughs in NYC and I am used to the grit and general atmosphere of city living...and Newark, well, even makes me feel skeevey. There really isn't anything "good" around the arena, no great city bars or restaurants around that makes you want to stick around. Just some new trees along some some new roads with some new parking garages...yay!

The only redeeming value Newark has is its crown jewel nestled in a corner of Newark Penn station...the Blue Comet bar. A non-discript upper-echelon bar, its the place where you and your 5-toothed, mullet clad, possibly homeless friends can order a $6 12 oz. Molson XXX and pass out in the corner without getting too much of a hassle until of course its time for karaoke.

God, I have been there for karaoke. There is hardly any room for the machine much less anyone to stand up and sing. That aside, I love going to the bar before a game. I'd rather get my drink on there than paying 8 bucks for a beer at the arena.