Time to get another jersey

njdevil26

Okay so I'm not going to do this right now. But I want to collect some ideas about how to get this done. Obviously I don't have the cash to just drop on a pure authentic so here's what I was thinking:

I want to buy a blank replica jersey and then bring it somewhere to get pro lettering done. And try to do this the most cost effective way and see what I'm looking at.

It's either going to be a Zajac, Martin, or Langenbrunner jersey. It'll also be white since I have a red and white CCM rep and a red RBK.

Suggestions on where to get everything done?

Okay so I'm not going to do this right now. But I want to collect some ideas about how to get this done. Obviously I don't have the cash to just drop on a pure authentic so here's what I was thinking:

I want to buy a blank replica jersey and then bring it somewhere to get pro lettering done. And try to do this the most cost effective way and see what I'm looking at.

It's either going to be a Zajac, Martin, or Langenbrunner jersey. It'll also be white since I have a red and white CCM rep and a red RBK.

Suggestions on where to get everything done?

For the lettering send it to Exclusive Pro. They actually do the lettering for the Devils so its one of the only places where the font is done right. Cost should be between 50-60, I forget the actual number. It will be less for you because you don't need to strip the jersey of a name and number.

For the lettering send it to Exclusive Pro. They actually do the lettering for the Devils so its one of the only places where the font is done right. Cost should be between 50-60, I forget the actual number. It will be less for you because you don't need to strip the jersey of a name and number.

Do you have a contact number or web-site or address for them?

I just sent a jersey in to Exclusive Pro. It was $55 plus $12 for return shipping. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Whatever you do don't drop it off with the Devils Den. They sent it to a place called Stichcraft in Port Chester, NY to do the stitching. They butchered it. I dropped by this weekend to show them how bad the work was and the Den said they will see what they can do but I'm not hopeful.

Yeah I'm def not going to trust the Devils Den with that stuff.

The store is run by the NHL and the NHL is really crappy with merchandise. Unless you buy their authentics which would make me feel like I'm putting down security and rent on an apartment.

you should wait and see what (if any) rookie lowell players ie. Halischuk, Bergfors, Corrente, eckford) will make the team next year. just an idea.

matt Halischuk will be a good jersey to have when he finally plays in NJ.

you should wait and see what (if any) rookie lowell players ie. Halischuk, Bergfors, Corrente, eckford) will make the team next year. just an idea.

matt Halischuk will be a good jersey to have when he finally plays in NJ.

That is a good idea. I would have gotten Vrana if he became a mainstay. But it's risky. We thought Salmela was going to be trained and polished here to become a great addition but he was sent off in a hurry.

Zajac is only 23 and he will be around for a long time.

That is a good idea. I would have gotten Vrana if he became a mainstay. But it's risky. We thought Salmela was going to be trained and polished here to become a great addition but he was sent off in a hurry.

Good choice! You can always join Jamie and get Clarkie!

You're right about Zajac. I watched Zajac closely after we drafted him at UND and then at Albany (AHL affiliate then). After following him closely and knew when he was going to debut for NJ I purchased his jersey before he played his first game in his rookie year (had to be one of the first one with a Zajac jersey at a Devils home game). Knew he was going to fit in right away, Especially with Parise already with NJ. I knew with his talents and playing with a fellow UND'er, he would become a mainstay real quick!

nice choice with a Zajac.

Good choice! You can always join Jamie and get Clarkie!

Hahahahaaha no. Actually we were talking about this in the car the other day, I was also thinking about Zajac as well. So we were gonna contrast and have a Red and a White one. lol I'm in the market for a new jersey anyway since my Clarkson one is signed now.

Edited by cupcake23

Getting any player on a jersey is always a risky thing. If Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded.

Besides that, be different and step away from the crowd of Parise, Brodeur, Langenbrunner, et al. Too many fans are clones. Go for an older Devils player that was key to a Cup win or to this organization at some point. Hell, go off the charts if need be. Go for Broten, Lemieux or Terreri. Hell, throw Bernie Nicholls on there. Jim Dowd!

Also, save up if you can for an authentic. It'll be worth it. I've got a new Ken Daneyko white CCM old style size 52 lettered/#'d by Gerry Cosby to Devils specs (another one who will do exact specs). $150 cash.

Getting any player on a jersey is always a risky thing. If Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded.

Besides that, be different and step away from the crowd of Parise, Brodeur, Langenbrunner, et al. Too many fans are clones. Go for an older Devils player that was key to a Cup win or to this organization at some point. Hell, go off the charts if need be. Go for Broten, Lemieux or Terreri. Hell, throw Bernie Nicholls on there. Jim Dowd!

Also, save up if you can for an authentic. It'll be worth it. I've got a new Ken Daneyko white CCM old style size 52 lettered/#'d by Gerry Cosby to Devils specs (another one who will do exact specs). $150 cash.

Well here's my issue with that. I'm 21 so 1995 was a blurry memory.

I've always wanted to get the jersey of a player that I've watched develop and start their career with the Devils.

My favorite Devil is Patrik Elias and I already have an Elias jersey. I have a Marty jersey and a jersey with my name on the back.

And I'm not going to be a little girl and get a Parise jersey. Unfortunately it looks weird to me when I see a guy at the Rock wearing a Zach sweater.

Paul Martin and Travis Zajac were my final two because they will both most likely spend their careers here. I just really went coin-flip style and picked Zajac.

Hahahahaaha no. Actually we were talking about this in the car the other day, I was also thinking about Zajac as well. So we were gonna contrast and have a Red and a White one. lol I'm in the market for a new jersey anyway since my Clarkson one is signed now.

Yeah for most of the season my wife wore her red Clarkson and I wore a white Parise. I have a red Clarkson but the lettering is crap and I sent it to Exclusive Pro. I am trying to get my wife to change her old Gomez jersey (which she will never wear) to get a Souray!!!!

I am trying to get my wife to change her old Gomez jersey (which she will never wear) to get a Souray!!!!

I was thinking about doing that to my Gomez jersey as well, but it's a CCM large and wears like a dress on me. It's one of my white jerseys as well, and I'm trying to switch over my collection now to Red. I'll never wear mine either....

And I'm not going to be a little girl and get a Parise jersey. Unfortunately it looks weird to me when I see a guy at the Rock wearing a Zach sweater.

LMAO! So true! We all know Zach is a great player, but guys wearing Parise jerseys also strike me as kinda .... 30678380.29521795.gay.gif

Back to the topic though, I've been conversing with Exclusive Pro, and I'm getting a blank red customized with Claude Lemieux, and my 99 all-star with Brodeur. I'll post some before and after pics when these jerseys are complete.

LMAO! So true! We all know Zach is a great player, but guys wearing Parise jerseys also strike me as kinda .... 30678380.29521795.gay.gif

Back to the topic though, I've been conversing with Exclusive Pro, and I'm getting a blank red customized with Claude Lemieux, and my 99 all-star with Brodeur. I'll post some before and after pics when these jerseys are complete.

My Clarkson will be back any day from them. It has been shipped. I took before pics of the crap lettering by nhl.com and I will take the after pics by Exclusive Pro. I will post.

I'm also on the fence about getting a Kitchener Rangers Clarkson jersey. I really want one, I just don't wanna get made fun of because it's so close to a NYRags jersey. Any suggestions people?

I'm also on the fence about getting a Kitchener Rangers Clarkson jersey. I really want one, I just don't wanna get made fun of because it's so close to a NYRags jersey. Any suggestions people?

Clarkson, Albany River Rats

http://www.life.com/image/55918370

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.