Stick Time

Colin226

Hey guys.. I'm looking to work on my stick handling so does anyone know of a ice rink in northern NJ that has open stick time for people to come in and not play hockey, but just pass a puck around and work on stick handling? Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.. I'm looking to work on my stick handling so does anyone know of a ice rink in northern NJ that has open stick time for people to come in and not play hockey, but just pass a puck around and work on stick handling? Thanks

I don't know how close this is but I've been going to Protech Ponds in Somerville, NJ and the Open hockey on Friday mornings is great because no one is usually there. Me and my buddy both just started Ice Hockey and it's great to practice shooting and just getting used to all your gear and such, and we also bring his little 5 year old brother who wants to be a goalie and help him practice.

Princeton Sports Arena has several times each week.

Try Skylands in Stockholm. Stick and Puck is listed under youth hockey but some of the guys I play open hockey with there said adults go too.

http://www.skylandsiceworldnj.com/Hockey/Youth_Hockey.htm

You should also go to open hockey there during the day on a weekday. Hardly anyone goes and you have the ice almost all to yourself to work on stuff.

http://www.skylandsiceworldnj.com/Hockey/Adult_Hockey.htm

is it also just running, gloves, and sticks... so many choices here lol

Yep, running on a full size roller court 4-4 with boards and glass. That'll get you in shape fast lol. It's a entry fee league. Any protective equipment is a personal choice, but i'd highly recommend gloves and shin guards and a cup to protect the junk ;)

The Summer season begins in July, as the Spring season is 4 weeks in and there's no more signups/team entries until Summer.

Yep, running on a full size roller court 4-4 with boards and glass. That'll get you in shape fast lol. It's a entry fee league. Any protective equipment is a personal choice, but i'd highly recommend gloves and shin guards and a cup to protect the junk ;)

The Summer season begins in July, as the Spring season is 4 weeks in and there's no more signups/team entries until Summer.

I'll have to see how intense Crash's game is and compare

Gero Park?

Ok so it's basically running hockey.. stick n gloves.. what time?

You can roller blade if you want.. it's skate optional

If you want to play street/dek hockey, we have an indoor league every Thursday night in Morristown!

Yeah that they are jam packed full of goalies with!!

Stop taking the players I badly need to play!!!!! :rant::P

We can share, games are on different days/nights! :P

Scott, get your team back in the Mo-league for the Summer. ;)

we play Tuesday AND Thursday :P

I never HAD a team.... and Paul jumps from free team to free team... taking players with him

there is nothing harder then trying to find an open hockey team that needs a goalie :rant:

we play Tuesday AND Thursday :P

:P

I never HAD a team.... and Paul jumps from free team to free team... taking players with him

there is nothing harder then trying to find an open hockey team that needs a goalie :rant:

I'm toying with the idea of putting my own team in that league for the Fall/October. That is, if i can round up enough players where i can have a competitive team or it's just not worth the time and $. I'll need a goalie, preferably one who won't let anyone stand in the crease AND can play the puck to make it easier on the D. ;)

We'll see. I mean it's a thought and all, but it's difficult to find guys who want to play this style of hockey.

Edited by SJP20

I'm toying with the idea of putting my own team in that league for the Fall/October. That is, if i can round up enough players where i can have a competitive team or it's just not worth the time and $. I'll need a goalie, preferably one who won't let anyone stand in the crease AND can play the puck to make it easier on the D. ;)

We'll see. I mean it's a thought and all, but it's difficult to find guys who want to play this style of hockey.

:lol:

Like the hint there :thumbsup:

Once in a league way back when I did punch my OWN defenseman in the neck because he was that much a hazard in front of me :P

I can maybe round up 3-4 people depending on the night and the cost, most of my people in Short hills either are on Paul's team, or skate :rant:

Do you need any more players? If so, what time Tuesday?

I live in the area and would be down and sure I could get a couple friends...we play there a decent amount too.

Stick and Gloves :P

you know where the Miburn Firehouse is? and the Pool?