Terminator 4

Vic Rattlehead18

Best one yet?!?

Please explain. I've been a big Terminator fan. The concept of a Terminator without Arnold Schwarzenegger, and a R-rating, is just fvcking weird.

Christian Bale is a great actor. I love him. But what's up with the Batman voice, or so it appears from the trailers?

The trailer has really turned me off. It seems like a Transformers movie.

I hate McG as well.

:blahblah: I hate the world! :P

That being said, I'm extremely curious about this movie, and will eventually see it...just fill me in.

EDIT: I acutally heard Arnold and Linda Hamilton are in it?!? I <3 cameo appearances!!

Edited by Cracker5

Go see this movie. Best one yet.

...just got back tonight. WOW! Brilliant acting, jaw dropping special effects, and just deep enough to keep the simpletons pleased while walking out. Fantastic Terminator chapter, the best one since T2.

I thought it was an excellent movie... but NOTHING can beat Terminator 2.. no way was it better than T2, but i definitely enjoyed it

I agree. Nothing comes close to Judgement Day... however, Salvation does trump T3. I'm a huge fan of the Terminator series', and walking into this film (after seeing Rise of the Machines) I had my doubts. I was way wrong on this one. T4 delivers... period! The movie is action packed, character driven, and the story is progressive to boot. This franchise needed life breathed into it after the poor casting of TermIII, which Salvation provides in spades. Loved it loved it loved it. Can't wait to see it again. :thumbsup:

I acutally heard Arnold & Linda Hamilton are in it?!?

They absolutely are! You even get to see the iconic photo of Sarah Connor, as Hamilton narrates to John. Then there's Arnie's scene.... Awesome! This marks the 7th separate time Schwarzenegger has portrayed this momentous character... and it never gets old. Though I am a happily married heterosexual, I still jump with excitement seeing that naked aussie march with purpose across the screen. (regardless how many Terminator movies they make) The crowd flipped when he came out, one guy even stood up and screamed. It aint a Terminator movie until Arnold shows up... and his fight scene with John is worth the price of admission alone.

I loved the first three.. this one was ok, I did like the whole origins on how John Connor took leadership (and it made sense, a guy with zero military experience wasn't gonna walk in and run the show from minute one), and the evolution of the terminator into the Arnold model.... the action was good... didn't need the Michael Bay Transformer moment :P

the ending was a lil out there though and probably could have been done a LITTLE better

Good movie but not on the level of the others

Movie wasn't as bad as the reviewers made it out to be. Some of the scenes are really great looking but the story isn't amazing or anything. It's almost like the writer was thinking, "I'm writing a trilogy so I can really slowly develop this story". This was good enough that I'll be at the next Terminator as well.

Solid movie. Best of the series? Hell no!

Sam Worthington stole the show as Marcus Wright. He was better than Christian Bale, an actor I'm a big fan of. Excellent performance.

All the allusions to the other Terminator movies were really well timed, such as You Could Be Mine by GNR, "I'll be back," and "Come with me if you want to live." Nicely done, and not too corny like T3.

I actually have respect for McG now....wow!

The CGI Arnold was incredible!

Is T5 confirmed? God, I hope not. I love the Terminator series, but I think it should finally be put to rest. What can they possibly do now? I don't even wanna know.

And with Night at the Museum winning the box office thus far, therefore leading to another possible unsatisfying opening weekend (T3 didn't do so hot, iirc), this could be the end. Not to mention that Fox canceled the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

All in all, very good movie.

Is T5 confirmed? God, I hope not. I love the Terminator series, but I think it should finally be put to rest. What can they possibly do now? I don't even wanna know.

This has to play out and not end until Kyle, Arnold and the other Terminators get sent back in time

it's like the Star Wars movies... you know how they HAVE to end

This is how I feel about the whole series now ... spoiler alert:

Terminator and T2 were amazing movies. Incredible concept, great action, legendary movies. But now that the whole plot has played out, it really shows how much the whole concept makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The first movie ruined it all. The John Conner that Kyle Reese originally got sent back in time to protect couldn't possibly have been Kyle Reese's son. But the T4 plot revolved around how Reese had to be saved? This is a major, major plot flaw! Not to mention the debates it opens up about time travel, alternate dimensions, etc.

Take the movie for what it is. It's a popcorn flick with cool action scenes. The guy who played Marcus was alright, but he had trouble hiding his Aussie accent at times, and IMO that's an immediate fail as an actor. Christian Bale was his usual above-average self and Moon Bloodgood was a hot chick with a cool name. The plot was majorly flawed and the movie relied on phrases, characters and even music from the past to carry it. It's far from being an excellent movie. It's a good popcorn flick. Nothing more, nothing less. If you're looking for a good popcorn flick, Star Trek was better (and that Patrik Elias-lookin dude that played Reese is in that too ... this will go down as the Summer Of The Patrik Elias-Lookin Dude). But this is just one guy's opinion.

DIG, I don't see how what you're saying is true. First, John doesn't make an appearance in Terminator 1 and second, I don't see where the conflict is between this movie and the first one?

Also, remember the events in T2 subtly altered the timeline that was spoken about in T1, so almost any difference could be explained away by that.

DIG, I don't see how what you're saying is true. First, John doesn't make an appearance in Terminator 1 and second, I don't see where the conflict is between this movie and the first one?

Yes he does

it's a small brief scene where Reese talks about the future and his world to Sarah

Still it's gotta be kinda weird to be saving and becoming all buddy buddy with your now teenage dad

no... you can't tap that girl... you need to knock up my mom 40 years ago!!! :blink:

Yes he does

it's a small brief scene where Reese talks about the future and his world to Sarah

Still it's gotta be kinda weird to be saving and becoming all buddy buddy with your now teenage dad

no... you can't tap that girl... you need to knock up my mom 40 years ago!!! :blink:

Ya, but I'm saying that Reese was sent back to protect Sarah Connor, not John Connor, in T1.

Ya, but I'm saying that Reese was sent back to protect Sarah Connor, not John Connor, in T1.

I contend that SkyNet deliberately sends Terminators back in time programmed to FAIL because it is needed to maintain the time frame and remember the parts from the T1 machine lead to advances in T2 that lead to SkyNet's own creation!

It can make your head spin :P

I contend that SkyNet deliberately sends Terminators back in time programmed to FAIL because it is needed to maintain the time frame and remember the parts from the T1 machine lead to advances in T2 that lead to SkyNet's own creation!

It can make your head spin :P

SkyNet couldn't have been banking on T2 because T3 says the events in T2 changed the future and delayed D-day. So the original Skynet would have been in the time frame with the earlier D-day and not know about the delayed D-day that actually happened or that a change wouldn't lead to a major change in the future. Therefore I say the 2 SkyNets are different since they were most likely created on different dates from different ideas but both leading up to the same overall product.

Actually the biggest failing may be that SkyNet goes back and tries to change the past at all. That change in the past could very well have created a future that didn't include SkyNet at all.

Thirdly, the way Terminator deals with the past and the future is dumb anyway since it's ripe for possible impossible events, like a person going back and killing their own father. The current popular time theory, like used in Star Trek, makes a lot more sense but then SkyNet would never bother to go back in time because it wouldn't help their timestreams war either way since in their timestream Connor does exist.

It is a confusing loop and I'm sure each trip did change something

but it kinda has to happen (even sorta) like it has to happen

if there is no judgment day, there are no terminators

no terminators

no kyle to 1983

no john connor

no first terminator used for parts to be the base of what becomes SkyNet

it's a tricky web!

I haven't see the new one yet, but I am interested.

Is the consensus here that T2 was the best one? ... I always liked the first one better. But maybe that's because I saw it when it was fresh and new.

I never did see any of the Sarah Connor Chronciles.

Also, remember the events in T2 subtly altered the timeline that was spoken about in T1, so almost any difference could be explained away by that.

My problem is that the John Conner who originally led the resistance and sent Kyle Reese back in time could not possibly have been Reese's son. But Reese goes back in time, knocks up Sarah Conner and now he's John's father. Whether Reese is the father or not, John still leads the resistance. But a large portion of the T4 plot hinges on saving Reese so that he can be John's father when it really doesn't matter.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

That kind of question only comes up because Terminator has a muddled sense of time that can't logically be pieced together really.

In this case I'd rationalize it as the "original timeline" John Connor sent Reese back to protect his mom. Then we get John Connor v2.0, in the current timeline, who has Reese as a father. So John Connor of this movie still wants to have the same father so that he, V2.0, exists instead of V1.0.

Edited by Devils731