OOT Scoreboard - Sun. 5/31. SCF - Round 4.

SatansDevils

Detroit looks like a machine right now. Whenever a Pen has the puck, a Red Wing zooms in on him almost immediately and always finishes his check. Whenever a Red Wing gets the puck in his own zone, he always succeeds in either getting it out himself or finding the open man in his own zone and getting it to him. And any Wing who does not have the puck always seems to be in the right spot to receive the pass to get it out of his zone.

If you're hoping for a good series, you still gotta be pretty happy that the Pens did apply a lot of pressure tonight, even though they didn't have much to show for it. And Pens supporters had to like Malkin's tenacity throughout the game as well as in the closing minute. If I had to guess, I'd say that Crosby and Malkin must've been seeing Zetterburg in their dreams all last off-season because they are zeroing in on him early and late in games.

One more thing about the Red Wings defense. How impressive was that to see at least three Red Wings laying across the goal line, preventing that Pens shot from crossing it literally seconds before they came back and scored their third goal. If only the Devils could help Marty out like that.

Where the heck is the monitor that McGuire sees as he stands in between the two benches? He was pressed up against the boards while the camera caught Guerin's stitches and somehow how commented on it.

Granted, a lot of N.J. fans might not necessarily be Bon Jovi fans, but that's gotta sting hearing the Red Wings fans singing the chorus to "Living on a Prayer" late in the third period. That should be a Devils fan copyright.

Lastly, is it just me, or does it seem like McGuire is the only commentator who refers to Ed Olczyk as "Ed-zo?" And he does it ad nauseum.

Edited by 95Crash

All the credit in the world to Detroit. What a machine they are. And Osgood continues to shut the skeptics up. He has been huge.

Watching Detroit play, I can't believe I thought Jersey had a chance against them at any point during the year. The Wings are playing without a Hart trophy candidate. They have Hossa on their second PP unit. This team is incredible.

Lastly, is it just me, or does it seem like McGuire is the only commentator who refers to Ed Olczyk as "Ed-zo?" And he does it ad nauseum.

He's annoying and it's annoying. Why is he unable to say anything without mentioning Olczyk's nickname?

Edited by devilsrule33

crosby has done nothing yet.

What about being one of the two players on the Pens who has kept the games close? True, he hasn't gotten on the scoresheet, but he has clearly been one of the best players on the ice. He plays a part in generating almost every chance the Pens get, and plays well in his on zone. Crosby has been matched against Zetterberg for both games and has held him to only one assist.

What about being one of the two players on the Pens who has kept the games close? True, he hasn't gotten on the scoresheet, but he has clearly been one of the best players on the ice. He plays a part in generating almost every chance the Pens get, and plays well in his on zone. Crosby has been matched against Zetterberg for both games and has held him to only one assist.

While Zetterberg has succeeded in reducing Sid to spectator status.

He's all over him like stickum and Pittsburg has got to figure some way beginning with the next game to get Sid away from him.

Sid has done absolutely nothing over the first two games.

Shut him and Malkin down and the Pens have no one to step up and take their place.

Let's just say that Zetts is killing him.

Edited by IceThief