Letterman Scum Lib

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jarone/2...-time-real-man/

"He then went on talking about how Letterman had invited Sarah Palin and her young daughter, Willow, to appear as guests on his show but the Governor declined because she thought it would be wise to keep her daughter away from him. Said Maher,

Edited by Super 17

So you cancel HBO just because of Maher? What a fool. There's a lot of great shows on HBO, True Blood for example.

Also complain more, it just makes you look even more pathetic.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=25267

Posted: November 09, 2001

1:00 am Eastern

"We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away,'' Maher said. "That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building

Edited by arena2004

So you cancel HBO just because of Maher? What a fool. There's a lot of great shows on HBO, True Blood for example.

Also complain more, it just makes you look even more pathetic.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=25267

Posted: November 09, 2001

1:00 am Eastern

"We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away,'' Maher said. "That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building

I did cancel HBO about a year ago because of Maher and Letterman has been irrelevant since 1985.

F' the View also.

I has gone done canceled my HBo because of Bill Maher.

Have you watched his show? This is one of the least offensive things he has said, it's just receiving attention due to the manufactured outrage over Letterman's joke. He told a joke knocking Palin's daughter...the mistake he made was not specifying which one. Sarah Palin comes out looking for attention saying he was obviously referring to her 14 year old daughter and not the 18 year old one that got knocked up. Did anyone who saw the joke think he was talking about the 14 year old (who I haven't even heard anyone ever refer to) and not the 18 year old one who the joke obviously applies to?

This controversy is so transparently unauthentic, that I have a hard time believing even the simplest person could be fooled by this, you have proved me wrong.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I has gone done canceled my HBo because of Bill Maher. Why? You're trivial mind appreciates Letterman and Bill.

Have you watched his show? Yes This is one of the least offensive things he has said, it's just receiving attention due to the manufactured outrage over Letterman's joke. I said that already He told a joke knocking Palin's daughter...the mistake he made was not specifying which one. Regardless.. KIDS OFF LIMITS! When you have a child someday you will understand goof . Sarah Palin comes out looking for attention saying he was obviously referring to her 14 year old daughter Letterman was and not the 18 year old one that got knocked up. :blink:They are getting married correct? Did anyone who saw the joke think he was talking about the 14 year old (who I haven't even heard anyone ever refer to) Liberal and not the 18 year old one who the joke obviously applies to? Liberal

This controversy is so transparently unauthentic, that I have a hard time believing even the simplest person could be fooled by this, you have proved me wrong.

Edited by arena2004

I has gone done canceled my HBo because of Bill Maher. Why? You're trivial mind appreciates Letterman and Bill. You're = You Are: Nailing some basic grammar down in in a post saying my mind is simple, would be a good step at driving your point across.

Have you watched his show? Yes This is one of the least offensive things he has said, it's just receiving attention due to the manufactured outrage over Letterman's joke. I said that already He told a joke knocking Palin's daughter...the mistake he made was not specifying which one. Regardless.. KIDS OFF LIMITS! When you have a child someday you will understand goof Kids were never off limits before; people ripped on Chelsea for being ugly, The Bush girls for being drunks, and Bristol Palin for getting pregnant and becoming a living example on why her Mother's policies were unrealistic and misguided.. Sarah Palin comes out looking for attention saying he was obviously referring to her 14 year old daughter Letterman was No he wasn't. The 14 year old girl was at the game but the joke was not talking about her. The joke wouldn't have made sense if he did. The joke was referring to her famously "knocked up" daughter. .and not the 18 year old one that got knocked up. :blink:They are getting married correct? Incorrect, have you seen the family on all those TV shows bashing the Palins Did anyone who saw the joke think he was talking about the 14 year old (who I haven't even heard anyone ever refer to) Liberal Have you heard jokes about the 14 year old? I haven't. I had to look it up to even find out there was a 14 year old girl in that family and not the 18 year old one who the joke obviously applies to? Liberal

Good, bong hits and good night for you.

Are you saying you were taking bong hits? If so I can excuse your nonsensical post, and in that case, rock on.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I has gone done canceled my HBo because of Bill Maher.

Have you watched his show? This is one of the least offensive things he has said, it's just receiving attention due to the manufactured outrage over Letterman's joke. He told a joke knocking Palin's daughter...the mistake he made was not specifying which one. Sarah Palin comes out looking for attention saying he was obviously referring to her 14 year old daughter and not the 18 year old one that got knocked up. Did anyone who saw the joke think he was talking about the 14 year old (who I haven't even heard anyone ever refer to) and not the 18 year old one who the joke obviously applies to?

It's not quite that black and white, Dave went out of his way to mention that Sarah was in town with her daughter at a Yankee game and that she should watch out for the players who might impregnate her. She was only traveling with Willow (the younger daughter) for this trip. Any one in their right mind knows Dave was talking about her 18 year old daughter Bristol, but still even that would be in bad taste, Bristol did nothing to deserve all the attention she got.

So Sarah is firing back, I am sure she knows it was intended to be about Bristol but she is playing this to her advantage and taking cheap shots at Dave for being a creepy old man, good for her. I like Letterman and all and I really don't like Sarah but you shouldn't dish out jokes if you can't take it. Besides she was never going to go on his show anyway, why not get another free stab at the guy who was insulting one of your daughters?

I agree though the media is blowing it out of proportion, but I expect nothing less really.

her 18 year old daughter Bristol, but still even that would be in bad taste, Bristol did nothing to deserve all the attention she got.

Tell that to her Mom - not Letterman - who placed her and her teen pregnancy in the national crosshairs. To think that while running for VP that an unwed 18 year old daughter getting knocked up wouldn't be newsworthy is foolish.

As for HBO, I keep it simple - I don't watch the shows I don't like, have never watched Maher, think he's an ass. God gave me thumbs so I can work the remote easily.

Tell that to her Mom - not Letterman - who placed her and her teen pregnancy in the national crosshairs. To think that while running for VP that an unwed 18 year old daughter getting knocked up wouldn't be newsworthy is foolish.

I don't disagree, but to be clear I don't fault Bristol in anyway.

Does anyone know, or care, that Sarah Palin was in New York for a charity walk to raise money for Autism?

They took in a Yankee game and Letterman spewed his BS.

If he said something like that about Sasha Obama, he'd be out of a job already, end of story.

If he said something like that about Sasha Obama, he'd be out of a job already, end of story.

Except the difference between Sasha Obama and Bristol Palin is pretty evident. Bristol Palin is the one who got knocked up coming from a family whose mother is the head of a state who spews the "abstinence only education" BS. It's the fault of Letterman's writers for not realizing that Palin was in town with the younger daughter.

Sarah Palin is just milking this to stay in the headlines. Period. There is no other reason. Letterman apologized. It was a stupid/unfunny/used joke that never shouldve gotten this much press.

What's funny is Jay Leno made virtually the exact same joke and there was not a word from Sarah Palin about it because she was still in the news everyday at the time.

Leno on Sept 2nd:

"Governor Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it."

Its the same f'in joke that Letterman told:

"One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game, during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

If you were wondering if I ever STARTED a hockey post, wonder no more. I have, though perhaps not under this screen name.

Anything else I can help you with today? Or will that be quite enough already?

Why the need for two screen names?

Except it was a 14 year old girl with her mother.

Why should she endure this perverted vitriol from an old man?

Lame excuses.

What's "pretty evident" is that you can say all you want about Palin, but if it was reversed, as I said earlier, he'd be out of a job and DONE.

Lame excuses.

He isn't actually perverted, he just told a bad joke.

What's "pretty evident" is that you can say all you want about Palin, but if it was reversed, as I said earlier, he'd be out of a job and DONE.

I don't agree with that at all. If Bristol never gets pregnant people would be just as outraged over the comments as they would be for Obama's daughters. Now I don't think it makes her kids fair game, but you aren't comparing apples to apples here. If and when one of Obama's daughters gets knocked up unwed and someone pokes fun at it then you have a legit comparison.

Lame excuses.

Oh please. Do you honestly and sincerely believe that Letterman or his writers intended that joke to be in reference towards the younger daughter? It was an ignorant joke that he apologized for.

Quit spinning this. Its media manipulation by Palin, nothing more. She doesn't hear her name on national news anymore, better keep it out there before she gets throttled in 2012 when she tries to run.

If she was so outraged by this, she should've been equally outraged by the Leno joke.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_en395

By now, you're probably well-aware of the controversy surrounding David Letterman's off-color remarks about Gov. Sarah Palin and her daughter. Last week, Palin fired back on Fox News, calling Letterman a sexually perverted 62-year-old celebrity; Letterman attempted to apologize and invited her on his show. Then just last night, Letterman apologized again (this time, with a bit more sincerity), and the governor accepted.

End of story? Not quite.

The newly minted site FireDavidLetterman.com still plans to rally today at 4:30 PM eastern at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City, calling for

I dont agree Squish - there would be bigger hoopla if it was obama's daughters (rightly so)

Considering Obama's daughters are ages 11 and 8, absolutely rightly so.

However, Sarah Palin has a daughter who was knocked up at 17. The "joke" is relevant in that regard. It doesn't make it a good joke, but it has relevance. The joke would make no sense applied to the Obama girls.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.