Draft day @ the rock questons

squishyx

I'm not surprised to hear your story unknown poster, and I'm sure there were probably other incidents similar to yours throughout the evening... the Devils just suck at putting on these kind of events. It's nice that they make the admission free, but it just invites every rock-dwelling low-life who would never pay even a small amount to attend something like this, and those are usually the ones who cause the problems. The autograph lines were horrendus, the organization of the equipment sale was atrocious... but this is how the Devils roll. I remember attending the 2005 draft party the summer the lockout ended and they were letting people in through 1 door. ONE DOOR. I was on line for 2 hours just to get inside!!!!! Forget the lines once you actually got in!! The first Mystery Puck night was a disaster too in how it was handled. Hopefully, they learned from years past, but I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed. Also, those of us who have followed this team for a long time know their roll all to well. What's annoying is all it takes on their end is just a little more thought.

Being a collector, i know of alot of other teams that have sales but i never hear the kind of thing like what went on last year with us.

I suggested to the Devils what the Red Wings do. They take the popular players items (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom) and they hold a "drawing" where you put in your name in for a particular player's item and if your name is called, you have to buy the item.

Edited by SJP20

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick questions, guys:

The Devils site says the draft party starts at 7PM. Now is that when the equipment sale also begins? Because some of you are saying that in order to get near the front of the line, we should probably arrive early around noon or so. I don't know if I want to wait for seven hours in line for some used equipment. Or does the sale start earlier? I've never attended one of these, and I may be able to this time around, so thanks in advance.

Edited by American_Psycho

Quick questions, guys:

The Devils site says the draft party starts at 7PM. Now is that when the equipment sale also begins? Because some of you are saying that in order to get near the front of the line, we should probably arrive early around noon or so. I don't know if I want to wait for seven hours in line for some used equipment. Or does the sale start earlier? I've never attended one of these, and I may be able to this time around, so thanks in advance.

That's when it starts (though I thought doors are at 6:30?)

Equipment collectors are nuts. (Not saying that dismissively, saying that they're hardcore about what they do).

That's why I like to pick through whats leftover after everyone who desperately wants that Marty stick or set of Elias gloves has what they came for. I don't mind buying myself an Andy Greene or Rod Pelley stick!

Anyone know if parking is free? Also, are we allowed to re-enter the buuilding? I don't got a lotta $$ to spend, but I'd like to grab something from the equip sale. And if I do, I don't want to be carrying it around all day, especially if it is a stick, lol.

Last year parking was free, but I'm not sure about this year.

I was able to bring my sticks and put them in the car (and then go back inside) so I didn't have to carry them around.

Last year parking was free, but I'm not sure about this year.

I was able to bring my sticks and put them in the car (and then go back inside) so I didn't have to carry them around.

Thanks, I appreciate the response, hopefully that's something they won't change from last year!

Also, unknown poster, that sucks about that guy who tried to cut, and then ran you over when the sale began. What an ass. You mentioned people were in line at the wrong tower. Which tower entrance would be the right one, for the equip sale in particular?

Ken was pushed into the table, things went flying because other people were "animals". That's the short of it. People were seriously crazy last year which sucks because it's such a small area and it's really unneeded to push around for a freaking helmet. I went last year and went into the equipment area later on after hitting up some autographs. Everything was really picked over and it was just a mess.

Sticks were in the $50 range. There are jerseys and they have price listings on the tables, but don't expect to pay anything less than maybe $350ish I'd say. I didn't really look at anything else, but I did see Goalie pads for $1,000 and up.

People I know are going at like 10am to get on line to get in the equipment early. I wish I could go early.... The best advice is to have your list of potential players items because you have to remember not everything is sold.

10am? Damn.. I'm so competitive I might actually go at 9am just to make sure I get a Parise (and maybe Langs) stick..

We still don't know which entrance? I'm starting to be disappointed in the lack of information here

10am? Damn.. I'm so competitive I might actually go at 9am just to make sure I get a Parise (and maybe Langs) stick..

We still don't know which entrance? I'm starting to be disappointed in the lack of information here

Last year I only saw 1 Parise stick, so getting there that early probably wouldn't help. As long as you don't arrive as late as 6 or 7 you should be able to get some nice stuff. I know a lot of people who got there at 5 and still came away with big name players.

I was there at about 5pm last year and managed to score a Elias stick.

Security at the Rock is dreadful. Lots of punk kids cut lines not just at the Equipment sale, but also at the 10 dollar tix lines. On St.Patty's day, this kid tried to cut me and this guy I was talking to inside the ticket office while we were waiting for the wristbands and he was wasted. I told him to get off and he wanted to fight me. I'm 38 and I know as bad as I wanted to deck him, I'd be in jail and not him for causing the scene. Sometimes, it doesn't pay, so I just walked away.

I was there at about 5pm last year and managed to score a Elias stick.

I'm getting in my car right now to go get in line :dance:

So JWomp what entrance is the real one because I'm getting there early anyway for the hell of it so I don't want to have wasted time

Edited by Colin226

I'm getting in my car right now to go get in line :dance:

So JWomp what entrance is the real one because I'm getting there early anyway for the hell of it so I don't want to have wasted time

Lol Colin, I would say that's a good head start!

But yeah, I'd like to know which entrance to use as well, please

Security at the Rock is dreadful. Lots of punk kids cut lines not just at the Equipment sale, but also at the 10 dollar tix lines. On St.Patty's day, this kid tried to cut me and this guy I was talking to inside the ticket office while we were waiting for the wristbands and he was wasted. I told him to get off and he wanted to fight me. I'm 38 and I know as bad as I wanted to deck him, I'd be in jail and not him for causing the scene. Sometimes, it doesn't pay, so I just walked away.

Hey, guy, how's it going? I was in line right behind you that day.

That's when it starts (though I thought doors are at 6:30?)

Equipment collectors are nuts. (Not saying that dismissively, saying that they're hardcore about what they do).

That's why I like to pick through whats leftover after everyone who desperately wants that Marty stick or set of Elias gloves has what they came for. I don't mind buying myself an Andy Greene or Rod Pelley stick!

This will be my first year going and I like your thinking... I really don't care whose stick I get, it's gonna be cool no matter which one I get because it's still a used NHL stick... and I'm going to come when it starts, not early.

This will be my first year going and I like your thinking... I really don't care whose stick I get, it's gonna be cool no matter which one I get because it's still a used NHL stick... and I'm going to come when it starts, not early.

Yeah. Like I said, I bought myself a Johnny Oduya stick last year after the crowds dissipated, and there's a good chance that it'll be a good investment in a few years anyway. Honestly, I bought it because a) it's an NHL used stick, b) I needed a new stick (though since then I've decided not to use it to play anyway) and c) because it was a lefty stick (when I was thinking I might use it to play).

I wandered around after most of the people were done last year. If there's any crap you want to buy... it just might be there. For example, last year they had a bunch of Alexei Yashin Starting Lineup figures from when he was with the Sens. Where they got them, I have no idea.

Yeah. Like I said, I bought myself a Johnny Oduya stick last year after the crowds dissipated, and there's a good chance that it'll be a good investment in a few years anyway. Honestly, I bought it because a) it's an NHL used stick, b) I needed a new stick (though since then I've decided not to use it to play anyway) and c) because it was a lefty stick (when I was thinking I might use it to play).

Yeah, I was there pretty early last year but I don't see too much of a need to go early again this year, because they kept putting out more sticks as the night went on. There were TONS of sticks, and whenever the supply seemed to be getting low, they'd bring out another truckload and dump them on the floor for people to pick through.

These photos show just how many sticks they had (and this is just one of the areas where they had sticks out).

Sticks2.jpg

In the second photo, you can see even more sticks peeking out from in between the black curtains...these are the sticks they would put out throughout the night as the supply on the floor diminished.

Sticks.jpg

Yeah, I was there pretty early last year but I don't see too much of a need to go early again this year, because they kept putting out more sticks as the night went on. There were TONS of sticks, and whenever the supply seemed to be getting low, they'd bring out another truckload and dump them on the floor for people to pick through.

These photos show just how many sticks they had (and this is just one of the areas where they had sticks out).

In the second photo, you can see even more sticks peeking out from in between the black curtains...these are the sticks they would put out throughout the night as the supply on the floor diminished.

But I want a Parise stick :(

But I want a Parise stick :(

Last year, I saw multiple sticks of literally EVERY player (even minor league guys like Bergfors, Doyle, etc) except Marty and Parise. As far as I know, there were no Brodeur sticks or equipment at all, and I might have mentioned this earlier, but I only saw one Parise stick (in someone's hand...lucky!)

Last year, I saw multiple sticks of literally EVERY player (even minor league guys like Bergfors, Doyle, etc) except Marty and Parise. As far as I know, there were no Brodeur sticks or equipment at all, and I might have mentioned this earlier, but I only saw one Parise stick (in someone's hand...lucky!)

Which leaves me in a pickle as to if I should get there at 9am and guarantee my spot as first (at least I hope because 9am is stupid crazy) or just show up at like 2pm and chill

Which leaves me in a pickle as to if I should get there at 9am and guarantee my spot as first (at least I hope because 9am is stupid crazy) or just show up at like 2pm and chill

Show up @ 2 and chill. You'll get who you want. There was no shortage of any player except Parise and definetly no Brodeur of anything. Besides even if there is only one Parise again it won't matter if you're first or 200th....it's who is lucky enough to see it first.

Show up @ 2 and chill. You'll get who you want. There was no shortage of any player except Parise and definetly no Brodeur of anything. Besides even if there is only one Parise again it won't matter if you're first or 200th....it's who is lucky enough to see it first.

Very true.. You guys are the best, you always know how to pimp slap some sense into me

So in some of the pictures I see like 2-3 sticks taped together.. What's the deal with that like is it $50 for 3 or something

Edited by Colin226

So in some of the pictures I see like 2-3 sticks taped together.. What's the deal with that like is it $50 for 3 or something

LOL i just noticed i'm in the bottom pic. I think i was in like 2-3 in that gallery from last year. I'm all the way on the far end, by the glove table leaning over and it looks like my head is on that chick's ass lol.

They are just taped together to keep them together for whatever reason. A few batches were like that. That taped together bunch looks like Zubrus' Synergys.

LOL i just noticed i'm in the bottom pic. I think i was in like 2-3 in that gallery from last year. I'm all the way on the far end, by the glove table leaning over and it looks like my head is on that chick's ass lol.

They are just taped together to keep them together for whatever reason. A few batches were like that. That taped together bunch looks like Zubrus' Synergys.

Sweet.. I'll probably end up getting 2 for my Devil's homage wall in my room and maybe one to play with during open hockey